Wolves (A)

Kohen

20 members have voted

1. 1. Everton will..

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pub I'm in has got music on instead of the commentary, & for one wonderful second I thought it was Hibbo who smashed in the second instead of Neville....

Had the same....got a Russian commentary and was slightly distracted so just saw the ball go in from where the right back was likely to be :D .

On the bright side I now know the definitive pronunciation of Bilyaletdinov :P .

We started shockingly bad and I seriously feared a battering. We were an absolute shambles, hoofing the ball where we had no one, couldn't keep hold of the ball... basically we panicked like little kids.

Our goal came completely against the run of the play, it was the first time we'd even been near their goal. One chance and one goal. Taking chances is what has cost us this season so for us to take our first opportunity was pleasing. That goal settled us right down and we looked like a good side from then onwards, and we deservedly got another 2 goals to kill the game off before half-time. And what a pair of goals they were. Phil Neville with the sweetest connection he's ever likely to get on a ball and then Bily with a stunning strike. Talking of Bily's goal, Gueye and Beckford deserve credit because their runs took defenders away and gave Bily the opportunity to have a go. We more or less strolled through the rest of the game because we weren't really threatened, and in truth we could and should have won by 4 or 5.

Lets hope the shite lose on Monday and we beat Blackburn next weekend to really put them under pressure. One thing's for sure, if we really want to get 6th (or higher) we've got to beat Blackburn at Goodison because it's United at Old Trafford after that.

Howard - Made two crucial saves in the second half to keep us comfortable, and looked much more solid than he did against Villa.

Hibbert - Jarvis had the beating of him every single time but he stuck with it and he had a decent game.

Jagielka and Distin - Solid, and did particularly well during those first 20 minutes when we were under the cosh.

Baines - A quiet game from the best English LB.

Gueye - Barely got into the game.

Neville - Patrolled infront of the defence brilliantly and scored a quality goal. Couldn't really ask more of him tbh.

Heitinga - Heavily involved in the build up to Beckford's goal when he played Ossie in down the wing. I really don't like him in midfield but he shielded the defence well alongside Phil.

Bily - Did hardly anything at all and then smashes a beautiful strike like that. Surely, that's got to be in the running for goal of the season? Strikes like that are why I think he'd be excellent just behind the striker.

Osman - I've got to say, that was a captain's performance IMO, he was everywhere and doing everything. In those first 20 minutes he was the only one who looked like he wanted the ball for longer than 2 seconds. He put tackles in, he shielded the ball, linked up well with the midfield and, in particular, Beckford, he got an assist. My MOTM.

Beckford - I thought he had an OK game without being brilliant. His movement, as usual, was excellent, and he got on the scoresheet once again and should have had a second. I didn't like him showing dissent to Moyes when he was subbed though.

Happy with that :)

Just after looking at some quick highlights after the game and that was a decent ball in from Vellios to Vic.

Solid performance all around. Rode our luck a bit at certain stages, but luck is something we've lacked so far this season. Glad it's on our side at the moment.

Only 1 point behind Liverpool now, right on their heels. I think we might catch them!