IGNORED

West Brom (A)

Matt

That performance just shows we have learnt absolutely nothing this season, or even since our last game.

Poor defending, no-one dicataing the midfield, Arteta underwhelming yet again, strikers that offered very little to the game (although they can claim poor service) and poor substitutions.

The lack of ambition in that game was pathetic and West Brom always looked more dangerous on the counter than we ever did. In fact I cant recall Carson making a proper save 2nd half.

Crazy substitutions :angry: .

Not really Mike

Neville was on a yellow and was getting involved in quite a few spats, so he took him off before he was sent off

Coleman was ineffective so he replaced him with Beckford to go 442

Anichebe was also ineffective and he was blowing out of his arse because he still cant last the 90 minutes

Maybe he could have replaced Anichebe with Gueye or Vellios but thats about it

It is just the fact that were are not doing well against the "lesser" teams that upsets me. Good luck to them but not at our expense all the time.

As for tactics.... I feel that whoever is to blame there is something wrong with our bloody ships team.

NSNO reporting that Neville and Moyes had a barney after game due to Pip's subbing. Hence all players dragged onto coach and no post match comments.

Anyone know if this is true or 2+2=5?

Wouldn't be a great move pi55ing Neville off going into the transfer window. We'll have enough trouble keeping hold of Baines, Felli, Arteta, Jags this summer without losing the captain

Not really Mike

Neville was on a yellow and was getting involved in quite a few spats, so he took him off before he was sent off

Anichebe was also ineffective and he was blowing out of his arse because he still cant last the 90 minutes

As I said I couldn't watch it and I've no problem with the Coleman/Beckford one.

Just that putting on Bily (who'll hopefully now will never wear the shirt again) and Rodwell when we desperately need a goal and have attacking options (unproved admittedly) seemed less than ambitious to me.

NSNO reporting that Neville and Moyes had a barney after game due to Pip's subbing. Hence all players dragged onto coach and no post match comments.

Anyone know if this is true or 2+2=5?

Wouldn't be a great move pi55ing Neville off going into the transfer window. We'll have enough trouble keeping hold of Baines, Felli, Arteta, Jags this summer without losing the captain

did'nt this happen a few weeks back with someone else? i wonder if some of the players are starting to get pissed off with moyes pub team tactics and crazy substituions all the time, and yeah, that and not speaking to the media and admitting you made an arse of everything is not the best idea going into the summer

Not really Mike

Heitinga was also on a yellow and although having a decent game, Neville was doing much more for the team. Hibbert was constantly struggling to put a ball in, or even past the defender which made his contribution in that 2nd half pointless. Even if the booking was a worry for Neville, at least move Coleman back to RB.

At the point when the subs were made (way too late might I also add) we should have gone for three up top (Osman, Vic & Beckford) but what happened was that Vic went right, and Beckford went up front meaning we had exactly the same set up as before but with a knackered Vic on one wing, and Beckford who cant hold the ball up by himself up front. Osman still tried to float in between but because we could get the ball down proper he got bypassed.

Put it this way, if Fergie was managing our squad and we were 1 nil down at West Brom, looking ineffectual, he would have made the changes to get us in the game (much like Moyes did last week - which frustrates me even more). Even when we went down to 10men, Vic and Beckford should have stayed up front together and we should have gone for it as much as we could. Sometimes I get the impression that when we are up against it and the chips are down, he would rather only lose by the one instead of open up, go for it and potentially lose by more...

Heitinga was also on a yellow and although having a decent game, Neville was doing much more for the team. Hibbert was constantly struggling to put a ball in, or even past the defender which made his contribution in that 2nd half pointless. Even if the booking was a worry for Neville, at least move Coleman back to RB.

At the point when the subs were made (way too late might I also add) we should have gone for three up top (Osman, Vic & Beckford) but what happened was that Vic went right, and Beckford went up front meaning we had exactly the same set up as before but with a knackered Vic on one wing, and Beckford who cant hold the ball up by himself up front. Osman still tried to float in between but because we could get the ball down proper he got bypassed.

Put it this way, if Fergie was managing our squad and we were 1 nil down at West Brom, looking ineffectual, he would have made the changes to get us in the game (much like Moyes did last week - which frustrates me even more). Even when we went down to 10men, Vic and Beckford should have stayed up front together and we should have gone for it as much as we could. Sometimes I get the impression that when we are up against it and the chips are down, he would rather only lose by the one instead of open up, go for it and potentially lose by more...

Heitinga may well have been booked but he wasnt looking like he was losing the plot and was about to get himself sent off, Neville was.

He had already been spoken to by the Ref and he got himself involved in a couple of off the ball hand bag situations so it was a wise decision to drag him off IMO

If Fergie was 1-0 down at West Brom he would probably have about £40M worth of options open to him on the bench

Heitinga may well have been booked but he wasnt looking like he was losing the plot and was about to get himself sent off, Neville was.

He had already been spoken to by the Ref and he got himself involved in a couple of off the ball hand bag situations so it was a wise decision to drag him off IMO

If Fergie was 1-0 down at West Brom he would probably have about £40M worth of options open to him on the bench

Well I didnt see Neville 'losing the plot', yes he was making his presence felt but nothing that even remotely looked like a second booking (although judging the Bily red card maybe he was! :blink: )

Just for the record I did say Fergie managing our squad.

I just fear that we will keep making the same mistakes over and over like we have done all season. In fact I dont think we have played a whole game well...

Well I didnt see Neville 'losing the plot', yes he was making his presence felt but nothing that even remotely looked like a second booking (although judging the Bily red card maybe he was! :blink: )

Just for the record I did say Fergie managing our squad.

I just fear that we will keep making the same mistakes over and over like we have done all season. In fact I dont think we have played a whole game well...

Where you at the game?