IGNORED

The Tesco Value Thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Moyes has reacted this quickly because it shows where his heart is, and I think that Johnny's right about us having quality at the club. The realisation here however is that come next summer if we don't have a trophy or europa league at the least, then more than a couple players will consider another club. Even though Moyes doesn't have a lot to work with, he's taken risks on signings in the past and we might need that this summer. I'd rather see us get 3 players of true quality than six average ones, but no matter what we're still light on the ground. We need another centre-back, and definately need a left back to cover baines. We obviously need a striker and we could do with a left-winger.

I know Moyes will never say who he's going after until it's practically done, but it would be nice to know what areas are going through his mind.

If Mucha is going I wouldnt mind seeing Hahnaman (sp?) just released by Wolves come in as our 2nd keeper. I think he is pretty decent and will probably be happy enough to be a bench warmer, yet a proven Keeper should something happen to Howard.

A lot of the names on here are pretty poor, and I would much rather we just kept Yakubu then get in any of these strikers as there wont be too much difference in the wages. Id have klose in a heartbeat though!

If Mucha is going I wouldnt mind seeing Hahnaman (sp?) just released by Wolves come in as our 2nd keeper. I think he is pretty decent and will probably be happy enough to be a bench warmer, yet a proven Keeper should something happen to Howard.

A lot of the names on here are pretty poor, and I would much rather we just kept Yakubu then get in any of these strikers as there wont be too much difference in the wages. Id have klose in a heartbeat though!

That's be funny. Marcus is America's #2, so we'd have America's top 2 keepers. Just wondering, are Garbutt or Bidwell anywhere close to being able to be a decent backup to Baines? Do we know of any cheap/free Leftbacks available?