IGNORED

Ian Ross On Talksport Speaking About Moyes's Transfer Kitty

The peoplesgroup twittered a response regarding this. Be interesting to know if reinvestment = paying off debt associated to previous purchases.

With Investment being defined as any use of resources to increase future production output or income. It will be interesting to see what has happened to the Vaughan, pienaar and Lucas neill money.

Good interview, good answers by Ross - all seems pretty logical to me. I like the comment 'this board has broken the clubs transfer record quite a few times with Andy Johnson, Yakubu and Fellaini. Do a lot of our supporters forget this? Do they forget we spent £8-£9 million on Bilyaletdinov.

Fine, we have had to sell to buy, but we have spent good money under this board and Moyes has had more money than most think if it was all added up.

Good interview, good answers by Ross - all seems pretty logical to me. I like the comment 'this board has broken the clubs transfer record quite a few times with Andy Johnson, Yakubu and Fellaini. Do a lot of our supporters forget this? Do they forget we spent £8-£9 million on Bilyaletdinov.

Fine, we have had to sell to buy, but we have spent good money under this board and Moyes has had more money than most think if it was all added up.

The club has broken it's transfer record quite a few times? So you are comparing a buy on buy comparision for a club who has sold millions of pounds worth of talent £30m Rooney, £24m Lescott, AJ £10.5m.

Wasn't our pre Bill Kenwright trasnfer record £5m for Kanchelskis? In that event would you not expect that record to be broken time after time given inflation and increased TV money etc? Each year benchmarks are created that elevates player valuations, and we are very much on that money go round. £35m for Andy Carroll? If we had Rooney now we would be looking at a £60m asset making a £20m replacement achieveable.

Aside that my opion on Moyes transfer record is mixed - he's done ok. The case of kroldrup, wright, and Billy blots an otherwise impressive record. But how many managers make good signings every time?

The club has broken it's transfer record quite a few times? So you are comparing a buy on buy comparision for a club who has sold millions of pounds worth of talent £30m Rooney, £24m Lescott, AJ £10.5m.

Wasn't our pre Bill Kenwright trasnfer record £5m for Kanchelskis? In that event would you not expect that record to be broken time after time given inflation and increased TV money etc? Each year benchmarks are created that elevates player valuations, and we are very much on that money go round. £35m for Andy Carroll? If we had Rooney now we would be looking at a £60m asset making a £20m replacement achieveable.

Aside that my opion on Moyes transfer record is mixed - he's done ok. The case of kroldrup, wright, and Billy blots an otherwise impressive record. But how many managers make good signings every time?

When you talk about 'increased tv money etc' do you not think it worthwhile to talk about increase in costs right across the board? :rolleyes: It is far more costly to run a football club now, than it has ever been. Where does this compute on your thinking?

Is the business side of running and maintaing a football club completely lost on you? Is it all about transfers? I'm glad our chairman doesn't think like you, or this club wouldn't exist.

The FACTS remain, that this current board has handed money to our manager, enabling him to break our transfer record on three occasions. Which ever way you try and spin it, that's not bad for a club who doesn't have any money and doesn't give the manager any money, is it?

Can someone provide the stats for players sold and players bought under Moyes. I think it would make for interesting reading.

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/transfers.html

When you talk about 'increased tv money etc' do you not think it worthwhile to talk about increase in costs right across the board? :rolleyes: It is far more costly to run a football club now, than it has ever been. Where does this compute on your thinking?

Is the business side of running and maintaing a football club completely lost on you? Is it all about transfers? I'm glad our chairman doesn't think like you, or this club wouldn't exist.

The FACTS remain, that this current board has handed money to our manager, enabling him to break our transfer record on three occasions. Which ever way you try and spin it, that's not bad for a club who doesn't have any money and doesn't give the manager any money, is it?

Can someone provide the stats for players sold and players bought under Moyes. I think it would make for interesting reading.

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/transfers.html

It's all relative - do you understand that?

High level:

In 1995 £5m could get you a world class player and the average retiring player would need a new career and was likely driving a ford sierra cosworth. You could watch a match for a fraction for what you can now.

2011 and £5m doesn't even get you a decent championship level striker, players retire off one contract and ticket prices are sky high.

Hopefully I don't need to respond to that.

It's all relative - do you understand that?

High level:

In 1995 £5m could get you a world class player and the average retiring player would need a new career and was likely driving a ford sierra cosworth. You could watch a match for a fraction for what you can now.

2011 and £5m doesn't even get you a decent championship level striker, players retire off one contract and ticket prices are sky high.

Hopefully I don't need to respond to that.

I take it from the above you didn't understand my post. :rolleyes:

I take it from the above you didn't understand my post. :rolleyes:

No - i'm still paying £1.40 for a pint of lager, 20p for a mars bar and 10p for the beano I buy each week, the good news is my paper round pays more money than it ever has done.

I'm rich compared to my buddies, they mention to me that normally inflation is in-line both with revenue and costs, that the price of fuel drives dramatic economic changes etc, but why do I need to worry about that when I ride a BMX?

Have to agree with Hafnia. It's all relative. When it was £3.50 to get in Cottee was 2.5m. It's ten times that now and we don't have ten times the capacity.

I thought Rooney was 27m over 3 years? which helped finance our growth.. Are we still paying for Fellaini, Yakubu and Bily?.. Are Man City still paying for Lescott, Fulham for Johnson?.. Seems regardless of a clubs prosperity, they all pay on the drip..

We saw what the stupid Spaniard did across the park. That nearly killed them. Yeah we hate them but work would be boring without them!.. Point is, they haven't learnt their lesson, doing it all over again. 35m for an unproven striker just hikes every players price up. What did Ba want? £80k a week 4 million a season!

Blackpool have a 10k a week wage cap 1/2 a million a year, umbrella payments to the tune of 48m over 4 years, they still had to sell..

I think transfer fees are becoming secondary to wage demands, thats what is sucking the money, thats what we are struggling with. No point finding 10m for say Nzogbia if we can't pay him is 2.5m a year.