IGNORED

Would you want a Man city/Chelsea style takeover

pete0

Would you want a Man city/Chelsea style takeover  

18 members have voted

1. 1. 15 new signings and a new stadium and a new badge

• Yes
    • No

Who have Barcelona and Real Madrid sold without actually wanting to sell them ?

Did figo want to leave barca? He wasn't transfer listed so therefore the club didn't want the player to go. If a player is put on the transfer list, then the club has indicated his availability. They have agreed to sell him. Anything else is speculation.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really suggesting that without Daniel Levy, Spurs would be operating in the same way they are now? Seriously?

that is a different question, but it is the company Levy partly owns which owns Spurs, not just Levy himself.

and in answer to your question, no, they would be much worse of. mostly down to his very very good business accumen. Levy has been a massive success in business and has done a great job keeping Spurs profitable.

He isnt running the club in an Abramovic/Mansour kind of way, hes running a very good business. Not bankrolling wooden dollars from company to company.

This would only cover Yobo and Yakubu's wages so were at the very limit of our wage-budget until we can offload some one else

and doesnt that just take the piss a little?

both the players mentioned above had to be shipped out to cut the wage bill too.

how long until we have to cut the squad down further?

Edited by StevO

that is a different question.

an in answer to it, no, they would be much worse of. mostly down to his very very good business accumen. Levy has been a massive success in business and has done a great job keeping Spurs profitable.

He isnt running the club in an Abramovic/Mansour kind of way, hes running a very good business. Not bankrolling wooden dollars from company to company.

So what has Levy done that has increased revenue at Spurs so that they can buy the players they have at the prices they have and pay a large squad their wages, without bank rolling any of those deals with his own cash?

Ok, so i have some questions. If you're club is soley relient upon your rich owners pocket (Spurs), where does that stand on the heart and soul of the club remaining in tact or being lost?

Where does mediocrity start and end?

What does 'Only the best will do' mean?

Where does stagnation start and end?

What defines ambition?

As far as definition's go, surely we strive to win the league title every season and if we are not, all the above applies to our club. So taking the strategy outline by Hafnia, we have zero chance of winning the league and no plans to win it. So his plan shows a lack of ambition, stagnation, mediocrity and goes against 'Ni Statis' !

How confusing.

'Nil satis' alone means no satisfaction - pleb

you expect me to know how he keeps a smooth running business running smooth?

if i knew that id be running multi million pound companies myself.

but surely a guy running companies that are doing well and turning a profit is doing a good job.

actually, i'll do a little google and see what i come up with.

I'll go with his first class honours degree in land economy from cambridge having a helping hand in the running of such companies.

ENIC being the company in question, itself owned by the tavistock group.

Levy and his business partners seem to make lots of money for each other, not an accident that he can run a company and work out good sponsorship deals and attract corporate clients too.

Lets face it we do need to be taken over, but not in that scale. If we were to get a 'City' style takeover, they bring in 5/6 players on 100k+ a week and then suddenly fuck off cus they've had enough we'll be in a whole heap of shit. IMO we need to be taken over, but by someone who actually has an interest in running Everton as a football club. Come in and sort out our finances, write our dept off and maybe a new stadium, but that's not at the top of our list of priorities tbf, and get us up back up there with the likes of manure and chelski. I believe we're not that far off, but we will never be a massive threat until we spend a little money. In the long term though a bigger stadium would be what we would need to bring in more revenue, increase the fan base etc.

We need to bring in a little more depth to the squad to cover injuries and fatigue, and obviously bring in a decent winger (or 2) and a striker. If we had a chairman there to give Moyes around 20/25 mil to spend each summer I think we would be a team to compete with. Tbh we probs wouldn't even need that every year, but it would be nice for Moyes to have the money there and bring in either future talent or a player(s) to strengthen the squad where he feels necessary.

This would only cover Yobo and Yakubu's wages so were at the very limit of our wage-budget until we can offload some one else

this is insane though, we have one of the smallest squads in the game, so how come we have such a high wage bill?

its like having ridsdale in charge at times

Edited by theprisoner

you expect me to know how he keeps a smooth running business running smooth?

if i knew that id be running multi million pound companies myself.

but surely a guy running companies that are doing well and turning a profit is doing a good job.

actually, i'll do a little google and see what i come up with.

I'll go with his first class honours degree in land economy from cambridge having a helping hand in the running of such companies.

ENIC being the company in question, itself owned by the tavistock group.

Levy and his business partners seem to make lots of money for each other, not an accident that he can run a company and work out good sponsorship deals and attract corporate clients too.

So, to sum up, he's put a large amount of cash into Tottenham and without that cash they wouldn't have the players they do on the wages they are on.

'Nil satis' alone means no satisfaction - pleb

That's your response to the fact you have just spectacularly contradicted your own opinion and demonstrated you are full of shit? rofl.gif

Why on earth did i take this stupid and pointless little clown off ignore. rolleyes.gif

Ok, so i have some questions. If you're club is soley relient upon your rich owners pocket (Spurs), where does that stand on the heart and soul of the club remaining in tact or being lost?

Where does mediocrity start and end?

What does 'Only the best will do' mean?

Where does stagnation start and end?

What defines ambition?

As far as definition's go, surely we strive to win the league title every season and if we are not, all the above applies to our club. So taking the strategy outline by Hafnia, we have zero chance of winning the league and no plans to win it. So his plan shows a lack of ambition, stagnation, mediocrity and goes against 'Ni Statis' !

How confusing.

'Nil satis' does mean no satisfaction - not an opinion - fact, so get yours right. It's must be horrible being such a know it all and leaving yourself open to such errors.

I hate to make you aware of this, but a club does not need a billionaire in the ilk of city or chelsea to beat the mega rich boys. Did Valencia not win La Liga in 2003-2004? beating Real and Barca, owning a stadium with a 55,000 capacity. Werder Bremen winning the german league with their 42,500 capacity stadium in the same year?

A carefully constructed "team" not individuals has a great chance of winning the premiership - the foundations for that team need not be a mega rich owner, but a manager who knows how to select the right player at the right price. The ego's at the level that City, Real and Chelsea operate are there for all to see. Put them against a 'team' made of talented individuals and you will see their weakness.

I hate to say it, but Liverpool seem to have the take over i'd like to see happen at Everton !

A group or individual who has experience and success in turning around a large old club/franchise that has fallen away from the best and turning them into a championship winning side. A medium to long term well planned and careful strategy aided by serious investment potential. I think the strategy of buying the best and most talented young players in order to form a team with huge potential, that will develop, get better every year and potentially stay together for many many years as a team is absolutely on the money. Not only that but they have realised that you absolutely need a new revenue making stadium in order to help become self sufficient. I have no idea what their plans are for increased revenue around the world but i know they will have a strategy and i know it will be much easier to create or develop increased revenue streams from global markets with the Liverpool brand than we could with ours.

But for me, that's what needs to happen at Everton and anyone who can implement that, sustain it and making it successful over the medium to long term, is welcomed with open arms.

So, to sum up, he's put a large amount of cash into Tottenham and without that cash they wouldn't have the players they do on the wages they are on.

no his parent company bought the club from alan sugar and the club has made its own money from his good work.

im not sure where your sum up came from, because it completely contradicts what i said.

Edited by StevO

'Nil satis' does mean no satisfaction - not an opinion - fact, so get yours right. It's must be horrible being such a know it all and leaving yourself open to such errors.

I hate to make you aware of this, but a club does not need a billionaire in the ilk of city or chelsea to beat the mega rich boys. Did Valencia not win La Liga in 2003-2004? beating Real and Barca, owning a stadium with a 55,000 capacity. Werder Bremen winning the german league with their 42,500 capacity stadium in the same year?

A carefully constructed "team" not individuals has a great chance of winning the premiership - the foundations for that team need not be a mega rich owner, but a manager who knows how to select the right player at the right price. The ego's at the level that City, Real and Chelsea operate are there for all to see. Put them against a 'team' made of talented individuals and you will see their weakness.

I haven't read something as stupid in my entire life? Seriously what planet are you on?

1) Please point me in the direction where i clearly define what 'Nil Statis' means?

2) Spain and Germany, it may have escaped your attention but Everton play in the premier league. You're comparison to Spanish and German leagues is as pointless, stupid and irrelevant as you are.

3) Since it's inception, only 4 clubs have won the Premier league. Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea and Manchester United. Blackburn bank rolled by Jack Walker, Arsenal with expensive signings like Bergkamp, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Henry etc, Chelsea - Bank rolled by a billionaire and Man Utd - one of the richest clubs in the world. So that dispels you're stupid opinion that you don't need large sums of money to win the Premier League.

4) Arsenal's league titles nearly all came before Abramovich arrived at Chelsea. Pretty sure they haven't won one since.

5) How did the ego's at Chelsea get on when they were winning their 3 league titles, 3 FA Cup's and 2 league cups ??? In case you haven't noticed, Man City finished 3rd in the league this season. Their ego's really failing there. So that's another of you're opinions rubbished.

6) A mega expensive and highly paid team can't be carefully put together?

You really are beyond stupid.

Edited by pax

no his parent company bought the club from alan sugar and the club has made its own money from his good work.

im not sure where your sum up came from, because it completely contradicts what i said.

Well, i completely and utterly disagree. The only way Spurs have the players they do now and the salaries they are on is because their owner put the money in. It's as simple as that. I work with quite a few Spurs fans who have told me this is the way it is. Tottenham cannot be self sufficient without a new stadium and Levy would have to put a large sum of money in to get them the new stadium, which he doesn't want to do. This is the reason they went after the free Olympic stadium.

Damn right I'd want a citeh type take over, loads of wonger to shove in the faces of the kopites, but it has to be done with style, not by being crass, to win over the neutrals, not by being big heads, yeah I,d say a new shiny 55,000 seater stadium to boot and good, hungry young players we can be proud of is nothing to be ashamed of.

I haven't read something as stupid in my entire life? Seriously what planet are you on?

1) Please point me in the direction where i clearly define what 'Nil Statis' means?

2) Spain and Germany, it may have escaped your attention but Everton play in the premier league. You're comparison to Spanish and German leagues is as pointless, stupid and irrelevant as you are.

3) Since it's inception, only 4 clubs have won the Premier league. Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea and Manchester United. Blackburn bank rolled by Jack Walker, Arsenal with expensive signings like Bergkamp, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Henry etc, Chelsea - Bank rolled by a billionaire and Man Utd - one of the richest clubs in the world. So that dispels you're stupid opinion that you don't need large sums of money to win the Premier League.

4) Arsenal's league titles nearly all came before Abramovich arrived at Chelsea. Pretty sure they haven't won one since.

5) How did the ego's at Chelsea get on when they were winning their 3 league titles, 3 FA Cup's and 2 league cups ??? In case you haven't noticed, Man City finished 3rd in the league this season. Their ego's really failing there. So that's another of you're opinions rubbished.

6) A mega expensive and highly paid team can't be carefully put together?

You really are beyond stupid.

You do like the word stupid don't you?

Well how's about this for stupid, you made the idiots mistake in trying to translate latin by applying English language translation in word order, thinking you can shorten the sentance in the way that others will know the English version. Latin is a complex language that required all words together in order for the true meaning to be understood - which are required to establish meaning, same words can have slight differences depending upon the words they accompany. Fancy me knowing this eh, I went to a school ya know!

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum = Nil (No, None, Nothing) Satis (Enough, sufficient) Nisi (except) Optimum (Best) = Nothing but the best is good enough

Nil Satis = No satisfaction / not sufficient

You really do need to stop trying to appear more clever than you actually are, you are building up quite a collection... Plus knock it on the head with the remarks, you still haven't countered my challenge to you from weeks ago. You hiding behind your hands yet?

Anyway back to your other points:

Spain and Germany? Both big footballing nations yes? Dominated by a miniority, where teams of less financial clout have won the league with teams that have been built at a fraction of the cost. Yes, so we do have some relevance. Unless you are saying that they play a different set of rules? So it wasn't a stupid point, quite relevant. You feeling stupid yet?

So you need large sums of money to win the premier league? You mention Arsenal, now let's see - the perfect model for me, if I could pick any team of the last 15 years or so it would be their invincibles again 2003-2004

Lehman - £1.5m

Lauren - £7.2m

Campbell - Free

Toure - £250k

Cole - youth

LJunberg - £3m

Viera - £3.5m

Gilberto - £ 4.5m

Pires - £6m

Bergkamp - £7.5m

Henry - £10.5m

What's that less than £45m???

Yes, Chelsea won 2 leagues back to back after Arsenal, then what? Their mega expensive team were beaten 3 times in a row by a united team (giggs, scholes, neville etc) supplemented by carefully selected signings Ronaldo - £11m. United have won 4 of the last 5 premier leagues with a team built on spirit, trust, tradition. Man city will be in the mix this year no doubt about it... just expect the usual unrest, water bottles being kicked upon substitutions being made, transfer requests etc etc. Also expect teams built with less quality with more spirit to take points off them.

In closing, I think the above summarises that my comments are not stupid - as much as you like to thing they are. In the month you have been on here you have made an arse of yourself so many times with the crap that yopu spout.

Again stop trying to appear that you know more than you actually do, there are people on here who are intelligent but do not find the need to spout the garbage and barbed comments that you do. Really no one is impressed... Maybe take a course in latin?

You do like the word stupid don't you?

Well how's about this for stupid, you made the idiots mistake in trying to translate latin by applying English language translation in word order, thinking you can shorten the sentance in the way that others will know the English version. Latin is a complex language that required all words together in order for the true meaning to be understood - which are required to establish meaning, same words can have slight differences depending upon the words they accompany. Fancy me knowing this eh, I went to a school ya know!

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum = Nil (No, None, Nothing) Satis (Enough, sufficient) Nisi (except) Optimum (Best) = Nothing but the best is good enough

Nil Satis = No satisfaction / not sufficient

You really do need to stop trying to appear more clever than you actually are, you are building up quite a collection... Plus knock it on the head with the remarks, you still haven't countered my challenge to you from weeks ago. You hiding behind your hands yet?

Anyway back to your other points:

Spain and Germany? Both big footballing nations yes? Dominated by a miniority, where teams of less financial clout have won the league with teams that have been built at a fraction of the cost. Yes, so we do have some relevance. Unless you are saying that they play a different set of rules? So it wasn't a stupid point, quite relevant. You feeling stupid yet?

So you need large sums of money to win the premier league? You mention Arsenal, now let's see - the perfect model for me, if I could pick any team of the last 15 years or so it would be their invincibles again 2003-2004

Lehman - £1.5m

Lauren - £7.2m

Campbell - Free

Toure - £250k

Cole - youth

LJunberg - £3m

Viera - £3.5m

Gilberto - £ 4.5m

Pires - £6m

Bergkamp - £7.5m

Henry - £10.5m

What's that less than £45m???

Yes, Chelsea won 2 leagues back to back after Arsenal, then what? Their mega expensive team were beaten 3 times in a row by a united team (giggs, scholes, neville etc) supplemented by carefully selected signings Ronaldo - £11m. United have won 4 of the last 5 premier leagues with a team built on spirit, trust, tradition. Man city will be in the mix this year no doubt about it... just expect the usual unrest, water bottles being kicked upon substitutions being made, transfer requests etc etc. Also expect teams built with less quality with more spirit to take points off them.

In closing, I think the above summarises that my comments are not stupid - as much as you like to thing they are. In the month you have been on here you have made an arse of yourself so many times with the crap that yopu spout.

Again stop trying to appear that you know more than you actually do, there are people on here who are intelligent but do not find the need to spout the garbage and barbed comments that you do. Really no one is impressed... Maybe take a course in latin?

I'm sorry, i couldn't see where you showed me that i made any attempt to define 'Nil Statis'? You waffled on with your usual guff and tripe but as usually your too thick to understand and answer the question put to you. Hopefully having a second try might help.

Again, you don't seem to understand that Everton play in the PREMIER LEAGUE. This is the English top league, not Spain and not Germany. I could have sworn this was a 'debate' about how much money it could take to make Everton successful, so why bring up leagues we don't and never will play in. I personally prefer to talk about the league we play in and the competitors we play against, rather than the pointless, irrelevant bollox's you have to dream up in order to have something to say.

Right, Arsenal. How many league titles have Arsenal won since Ambramovich bought Chelsea? Have they won anything? No. So they won stuff pre the billionaire owners, great, how relevant is that to today? Also, i know this is completely beyond your intelligence, but the players and the prices you listed, if those players were bought in todays market, you think they'd still be the prices you listed? Of course not, it's a fucking stupid point. £5 to £10 million on a player back then was expensive.

Yes, Chelsea have only been beaten to the league title since Abramovich took over by one of the richest clubs in the world? Were you actually using that as a point to prove you don't need big money to win the league? rofl.gif Jesus Christ.

Who have been the richest clubs in the Premier League since 2004-05? Man Utd and Chelsea. Who are the only two teams to have won the league since 2004-05? Man Utd and Chelsea. Is this something you are really finding that hard to understand?

Where is this cheaply assembled proper team full of spirit been in the last 6 years? Nowhere, absolutely nowhere, because without big money you get nowhere near the Premier league title. FACT.

You are full of shit and you are stupid beyond words. You blame the board for mediocrity, for having no ambition, for being stagnant and then in this very thread, you outline your plan which is basically the exact same, except a couple of places higher. Absolutely moron.

I'm sorry, i couldn't see where you showed me that i made any attempt to define 'Nil Statis'? You waffled on with your usual guff and tripe but as usually your too thick to understand and answer the question put to you. Hopefully having a second try might help.

Again, you don't seem to understand that Everton play in the PREMIER LEAGUE. This is the English top league, not Spain and not Germany. I could have sworn this was a 'debate' about how much money it could take to make Everton successful, so why bring up leagues we don't and never will play in. I personally prefer to talk about the league we play in and the competitors we play against, rather than the pointless, irrelevant bollox's you have to dream up in order to have something to say.

Right, Arsenal. How many league titles have Arsenal won since Ambramovich bought Chelsea? Have they won anything? No. So they won stuff pre the billionaire owners, great, how relevant is that to today? Also, i know this is completely beyond your intelligence, but the players and the prices you listed, if those players were bought in todays market, you think they'd still be the prices you listed? Of course not, it's a fucking stupid point. £5 to £10 million on a player back then was expensive.

Yes, Chelsea have only been beaten to the league title since Abramovich took over by one of the richest clubs in the world? Were you actually using that as a point to prove you don't need big money to win the league? rofl.gif Jesus Christ.

Who have been the richest clubs in the Premier League since 2004-05? Man Utd and Chelsea. Who are the only two teams to have won the league since 2004-05? Man Utd and Chelsea. Is this something you are really finding that hard to understand?

Where is this cheaply assembled proper team full of spirit been in the last 6 years? Nowhere, absolutely nowhere, because without big money you get nowhere near the Premier league title. FACT.

You are full of shit and you are stupid beyond words. You blame the board for mediocrity, for having no ambition, for being stagnant and then in this very thread, you outline your plan which is basically the exact same, except a couple of places higher. Absolutely moron.

Haven't really read your post usual crap referring to intelligence (really got a bee in your bonnet about that haven't you)

Ive just spent the past 105 minutes watching the team I support, what you been doing? Yep, thought as much... Trying to rescue your dead reputation you tit. At least we know where your priorities lie.

The words sanctimonious and cunt spring to mind

Can't think why wacko.png

Careful you will have him scrambling for the online dictionary for the first word.

Second word is easy, marco invented it, I await his definition....

He's proven to be everything I thought he would be. Pax, what did you think of the game? Or are you going to plagiarize other forums (steal ideas for those of us who are sub human as a result of lack recreational options in Liverpool, according to this absolute prick) - you sure as heck didn't watch it.

Well, i completely and utterly disagree. The only way Spurs have the players they do now and the salaries they are on is because their owner

put the money in. It's as simple as that. I work with quite a few Spurs fans who have told me this is the way it is. Tottenham cannot be self sufficient without a new stadium and Levy would

have to put a large sum of money in to get them the new stadium, which he doesn't want to do. This is the reason they went after the free Olympic stadium.

Doesn't really matter what out opinion is, but when levy doesn't own the club why would he bankroll it?

As the club makes a tidy profit why would it need to be bankrolled.

Haven't really read your post usual crap referring to intelligence (really got a bee in your bonnet about that haven't you)

Ive just spent the past 105 minutes watching the team I support, what you been doing? Yep, thought as much... Trying to rescue your dead reputation you tit. At least we know where your priorities lie.

So no reply then? Not even your usual standard of made up rubbish and things absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter?

The rest of your guff leads me to think you lead an incredibly sad and pathetic existence.

Careful you will have him scrambling for the online dictionary for the first word.

Second word is easy, marco invented it, I await his definition....

He's proven to be everything I thought he would be. Pax, what did you think of the game? Or are you going to plagiarize other forums (steal ideas for those of us who are sub human as a result of lack recreational options in Liverpool, according to this absolute prick) - you sure as heck didn't watch it.

I know I didn't watch it. I was out, socialising with friends, not that you'd know much about that. Look it up. My life doesn't revolve around Everton and I'm thankful for that. I'm afraid I lead a more interesting and diverse life than that.

Why don't you tell everyone about how many season tickets I've had since I moved back to the UK 5 years ago?

How many games I've been to?

You seem to know better than I do, so come on super fan who watched a friendly tonight, tell everyone about me? You ignorant, infantile prick.