IGNORED

Applying the Rules

pax

It would be nice that, if a warning or ban is handed out to someone for doing something, if someone else does that exact same thing, they receive the same punishment.

It would be nice if the rules were applied to everyone, evenly.

Pax, I don't know what's gone on, but what I do know is that some of the comments made in the 'Do you want a City style takeover' thread made me wonder what I'd come back to.

I've had my fair share of warnings and bans over the years, and having owned forums, I've had to hand them out too, but what I've learned is that no matter how right I thought I was, the minute I broke the rules, I was wrong.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php/topic/2839-attn-all-members-new-old/

It's much easier to just offer an opinion, rather than enforce it, and accept that other opinions will be different. If you don't get on with someone, take it on the chin and try not to let it ruin the experience for others.

If you put someone on ignore, just do it, as opposed to declaring it.

I've made all the mistakes there are to make mate, and I've paid for them plenty, but no matter how much you think the admins are wrong, the first port of call should be to address your own actions, otherwise it would be a little hypocritical.

First and foremost, 'you' were wrong mate, by retaliating the way you did. This isn't just my opinion, but also clearly defined in the rules, of which you want the admins to apply.

I hope it all blows over and you both shake hands so to speak.

Pax, I don't know what's gone on, but what I do know is that some of the comments made in the 'Do you want a City style takeover' thread made me wonder what I'd come back to.

I've had my fair share of warnings and bans over the years, and having owned forums, I've had to hand them out too, but what I've learned is that no matter how right I thought I was, the minute I broke the rules, I was wrong.

http://www.toffeetal...embers-new-old/

It's much easier to just offer an opinion, rather than enforce it, and accept that other opinions will be different. If you don't get on with someone, take it on the chin and try not to let it ruin the experience for others.

If you put someone on ignore, just do it, as opposed to declaring it.

I've made all the mistakes there are to make mate, and I've paid for them plenty, but no matter how much you think the admins are wrong, the first port of call should be to address your own actions, otherwise it would be a little hypocritical.

First and foremost, 'you' were wrong mate, by retaliating the way you did. This isn't just my opinion, but also clearly defined in the rules, of which you want the admins to apply.

I hope it all blows over and you both shake hands so to speak.

I appreciate your comments, but i'm not sure you understand the situation.

1) SteveO issued me with a warning for calling hafnia a 'prick' - Thats fine by me.

2) I ask SteveO if i was the only person who got a warning.

3) He responded with 'You were the only person to call someone a prick'

4) I informed him that Hafnia had indeed called me an 'asbolute prick' in post no.55 in that thread.

5) SteveO refuses to acknowledge that Hafnia had committed the same offence i had, inseatd basically tells me that Hafnia is his mate so nothing will be done about it.

6) I try and get SteveO to acknowledge the fact that Hafnia called me a prick and he completely refuses. Playground stuff.

I admit my guilt. I was wrong i shouldn't have done it. I accept my warning and have never once argued against it. What i don't accept is that someone who committed the exact same offence i did, will have absolutely no action taken against them at all, because the mod in question is his mate. That undermines the forum and shows the forum to be a place where rules are not applied to all evenly and openly.

Edited by pax

Pax, that's something you need to discuss in private with the admin, the mod in question, and maybe even Hafnia to all find a resolution. Airing it in public only makes things worse mate, trust me. I've been there so know from experience.

The important thing is that it doesn't become a regular occurance, and if it was me, I'd now look at using the opportunity to settle your differences with Hafnia, and move on.

It's natural that one member might get a leaner sentence, if the judge just happens to be his mate, but you don't know whether they spoke in private or not, nor even if they are mates. We're all Evertonians, so in that respect, we're all mates. If the rules were applied evenly, as you wish for, then surely you would both be banned and resigned to posting on another forum by now. Noone wants that do they?

The fact that you're both still here shows more leniancy on part of the mods as opposed to hypocricy. You're both still here, and both got a few things off your chest. Best just to move on from it now and put it down to experience. smile.png

as already stated to you pax, action was taken with the other people who were abusive to you.

they have responded in a positive manner and will consider their attitude in future before being abusive.

you have also been told in a few threads about attitude with people over the past couple of weeks, by myself and other members, but ignored and continued.

i stand by my actions taken with all people involved.

as already stated to you pax, action was taken with the other people who were abusive to you.

they have responded in a positive manner and will consider their attitude in future before being abusive.

you have also been told in a few threads about attitude with people over the past couple of weeks, by myself and other members, but ignored and continued.

i stand by my actions taken with all people involved.

Yes, you are standing by the fact you told me i was the only person who called anyone a prick despite the evidence that proves you are 100% wrong.

Are you now saying you were wrong when you sent me that message?

Answer two very simply questions for me.

1) Was i the only person who called someone a prick in that thread?

2) Did Hafnia call me an 'absolute prick' in that thread

you can read, you can see who called who what and you can also see the actions taken with everyone involved.

yes i did wrongly say you were the only one saying that, and others have been dealt with since.

when i initially warned you it was from reading your last few posts. after i went back and read the whole thread i dealt with the other people involved.

also, they are not my mates. codders is only new here too, he had made one comment i had seen and spoke to him about it straight away.

haf has been on here years and we have built up mutual respect which was why i chose a different action with him which has worked so far.

this will be the last i say on the matter.

you can read, you can see who called who what and you can also see the actions taken with everyone involved.

yes i did wrongly say you were the only one saying that, and others have been dealt with since.

when i initially warned you it was from reading your last few posts. after i went back and read the whole thread i dealt with the other people involved.

also, they are not my mates. codders is only new here too, he had made one comment i had seen and spoke to him about it straight away.

haf has been on here years and we have built up mutual respect which was why i chose a different action with him which has worked so far.

Why are you refusing to answer those very simply questions. This is twice you have ducked these questions. Something to hide?

You're refusal to answer these two questions speaks volumes and shows everyone exactly what has gone on here. You gave me a warning for calling Hafnia a prick and you gave you're mate hafnia a pat on the back for him calling me an 'absolute prick'.

Cracking moderator.

Edited by pax

Yes, you are standing by the fact you told me i was the only person who called anyone a prick despite the evidence that proves you are 100% wrong.

Are you now saying you were wrong when you sent me that message?

Answer two very simply questions for me.

1) Was i the only person who called someone a prick in that thread?

2) Did Hafnia call me an 'absolute prick' in that thread

What more of an answer do you want?

Just wondering how long you need to be on this forum for before the rules dont apply to you and mods (mod) let you get away with stuff they don't let others get away with? If you applied basic common sense you'd think the posters who have been on the site the longest and should know better and it would be the newer posters given some slack. StevO clearly thinks the opposite.

Do prison guards let convicts get away with re-offending in jail, you know, once they have got to know them ?

Edited by pax

Just wondering how long you need to be on this forum for before the rules dont apply to you and mods (mod) let you get away with stuff they don't let others get away with? If you applied basic common sense you'd think the posters who have been on the site the longest and should know better and it would be the newer posters given some slack. StevO clearly thinks the opposite.

Do prison guards let convicts get away with re-offending in jail, you know, once they have got to know them ?

s152390212.jpg

Pax, they're not mates as you put it. I think it's more to do with Hafnia having earnt StevO's respect over a period of time, whereas you, to put it bluntly, have been a bit of a knob jockey.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with people, I do it all the time on here! But it's the way you go about it that's gotten under people's skin and is probably a big factor in why you have had your warning level upped so quickly.

StevO felt, as he has had dialogue with Hafnia before, that if he simply asked him to cut out the bullshit then he would, but that hasn't worked with you so he felt he needed to go a step further with you.

StevO, if I've got that wrong, please correct me :P.

Hope that clears things up, Pax.

Pax, they're not mates as you put it. I think it's more to do with Hafnia having earnt StevO's respect over a period of time, whereas you, to put it bluntly, have been a bit of a knob jockey.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with people, I do it all the time on here! But it's the way you go about it that's gotten under people's skin and is probably a big factor in why you have had your warning level upped so quickly.

StevO felt, as he has had dialogue with Hafnia before, that if he simply asked him to cut out the bullshit then he would, but that hasn't worked with you so he felt he needed to go a step further with you.

StevO, if I've got that wrong, please correct me tongue.png.

Hope that clears things up, Pax.

I just want the rules applied evenly and to all regardless.

Hafnia gets everything he asks for and deserves.

Edited by pax

I was contacted over it. I apologised immediately to StevO and offered assurances I would not do such things again.

An apology I will now extend to you Pax, sorry

No need for an apology at all, haven't been offended by anything you have posted. If i have offended you, then i extend an apology to you, but i hope i haven't.

As soon as i found out how Hafnia has formed his opinion of me as a supporter and how he could possibly make the claim he has in another post, he'll be back on ignore. StevO has been added to my ignore list which i'm sure very soon, solves all problems, (with one big exception highlighted in this thread).