IGNORED

is it just me?

tell me im mad but how can we not sign upson on a free whos isnt on big wages but is a solid centre back but we bought an older player for 6 million (Dystin)2 seasons ago. im not comparing the two players qualities but surely with our resources we should be signing him?

Whyhuh.png ? we don't need a cb. Also 2 years ago he would have cost £10 mil, too injury prone and not as good as Distin anyway.

tell me im mad but how can we not sign upson on a free whos isnt on big wages but is a solid centre back but we bought an older player for 6 million (Dystin)2 seasons ago. im not comparing the two players qualities but surely with our resources we should be signing him?

Ok your mad!

Why would we need Upson when we have Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Yobo, Duffy and Mustafi?

Its probably, in fact no its definitely the only position in the squad that we dont need anybody so why waste wages /signing on fee on Upson??

my point is upson is a younger age than Dystin and we paid 6 mill for him. Heitenga is a transfer waiting to happen but i applaud Pulis because he has the forsight to think Shawcross could leave but has signed replacements before hand. we will sell a centre back maybe yobo maybe dystin to arsenal but i think were mad not to be looking at upson. Maybe Duffy and Mustafi sre the answer.....................

I can see the evrybodys point.

Whether Upson is good or not is down to opinion. Moyes might not rate him, or may not even be able to attract him. There are always ifs and buts.

Another CB wouldn't do any harm though.

Distin is ageing, as is Neville, and Heitinga isn't a cert to stay. Yobo is surplus either by choice or by Moyes' decision, and Duffy has little experience. Jags was pretty poor last season, and if Arsenal offered the right fee would be gone.

There's no such thing as a free though. Signing on fees and wages are always expensive. No matter which way you look at it, even 20k a week is a million per year, and a million more than we can afford. Unless someone left, it's an extra mouth to feed.

You wouldn't even been considering him if Stoke wouldn't have bagged in on a free mate. My boss is a West Ham fan, he couldn't speak with more negativity bout the Upson.

However, there are other free signings I'm a bit frustrated at us not even taking a look at (as far I'm aware anyway). What about the likes of Carew, Sebastian Larsson, Johan Elmander, or Hitzlsperger?

my point is upson is a younger age than Dystin and we paid 6 mill for him. Heitenga is a transfer waiting to happen but i applaud Pulis because he has the forsight to think Shawcross could leave but has signed replacements before hand. we will sell a centre back maybe yobo maybe dystin to arsenal but i think were mad not to be looking at upson. Maybe Duffy and Mustafi sre the answer.....................

luxury of having loads of money to waste... We have to sell to buy so we cant do that. Also, Distin has been one of our best players since he signed and despite his age isnt slowing down. He makes the occasional mistake, like every defender but is very strong, still quick and has a vast amount of experience. Does Upson have that?

You wouldn't even been considering him if Stoke wouldn't have bagged in on a free mate. My boss is a West Ham fan, he couldn't speak with more negativity bout the Upson.

However, there are other free signings I'm a bit frustrated at us not even taking a look at (as far I'm aware anyway). What about the likes of Carew, Sebastian Larsson, Johan Elmander, or Hitzlsperger?

Carew? Seriously?! Elmander was a flash in the pan and Hitzelsperger?! doh.gif Goods grief. Larsson wouldve been good but his wage demands were excessive....

Edited by Matt

i could see the point if we brought him in then shipped out yobo and johnny, freeing up money for the top end of the field.

if Johnny is goin to start then niether is Upson and id rather have a proven world cup finalist as back up than an injury prone overrated defender who shone in a crap team.

Folks are still going on about the fact we cant afford to pay wages for a free player, however, correct me if i am wrong, but did Everton not say that they had offered Pienaar 65k per week to stay?? this before we had his transfer fee plus Vaughns fee? if this is so, a) why do we now not have the 65k per week to offer someone, and b)where the fuck did it go?

Folks are still going on about the fact we cant afford to pay wages for a free player, however, correct me if i am wrong, but did Everton not say that they had offered Pienaar 65k per week to stay?? this before we had his transfer fee plus Vaughns fee? if this is so, a) why do we now not have the 65k per week to offer someone, and b)where the fuck did it go?

we might well have it. if we do, just because we have it doesnt mean it has to be spent, unless its justified. Larsson, Upson etc are not players that justify 50k+ in my opinion.

Almost written as if by a kopite. Upson reject us for Stoke? Whatever, no better than yobo.

Parker waiting to play for a bigger club? Reasonable midfielder, but you ain't fabregas. Pick your £70k a week up and wait for a bigger club, they ain't coming. Rather see Barkley given a shot. More apparent talent.

If we get sturridge on loan and plug both wings I will be 80% less grumpy.

Edited by Hafnia