IGNORED

FA look to install Redknapp

Top brass have been working to find Fabio Capello’s long-term successor and Tottenham chief Redknapp is the red-hot choice to step into the job.

And People Sport can reveal that an official approach could be made to Spurs for their manager BEFORE Capello’s contract runs out next summer.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/09/10/exclusive-fa-plot-official-approach-for-redknapp-to-coach-england-in-euro-s-102039-23411528/

I didnt understand why Capello was allowed to stay on after our dismal performance at the world cup, particularly when he announced he would leave after 2012.

Not convinced Redknapp is the right man for the job. Should he get it though where does it leave us, would Spurs be sniffing around Moyes?

Who do you think should replace Capello, should it be sooner rather than later?

And might it affect us in terms of our manager leaving?

Personally, I'd rather have a Liverpool fan in charge of us who could do the job well than an Evertonian who was shit.

would rather see Poyet or Adkins from Southampton, like Mark says, id sooner have Benitez in charge before Speed, it would be cringworthy just thinking about Gary Speed in charge of Everton

Edited by theprisoner

We have Spoken about this on the Spurs Forums and Moyes is one of the Choices of the

Spurs fans along with Coyle and Lambert obviously the chav fans all wanted Mourinho but we could not afford him

In reality even if we did approach Moyes and offered him more money I don't think he would want it, I mean who is to say that Spurs are a bigger club giving him an opportunity to further his career and earn more money? well we are definitely NOT a bigger club than Everton. ok financially we are a bit more stable than you, but on every other level we are similar, fan base, gate receipts etc.And given Levy's treatment of previous managers this would not be attractive to some one like Moyes, who I beleive it would take some one like UTD, Chelsea or Man City to lure him from Everton, not Spurs, why leave somewhere he is secure and happy and take a sideways step to a club he has no affiliation with, that has a track record of Not giving good managers a fair chance (Ramos, Graham, Jol and Gross), he might have a bit of dosh to spend,but no decent players don't want to come to Spurs and there is a strict wage structure in place, and although the truth hurts Spurs fans are Fickle as someone once said and when things are going wrong it doesn't take long to turn on the players and eventually the manager.

We have Spoken about this on the Spurs Forums and Moyes is one of the Choices of the

Spurs fans along with Coyle and Lambert obviously the chav fans all wanted Mourinho but we could not afford him

In reality even if we did approach Moyes and offered him more money I don't think he would want it, I mean who is to say that Spurs are a bigger club giving him an opportunity to further his career and earn more money? well we are definitely NOT a bigger club than Everton. ok financially we are a bit more stable than you, but on every other level we are similar, fan base, gate receipts etc.And given Levy's treatment of previous managers this would not be attractive to some one like Moyes, who I beleive it would take some one like UTD, Chelsea or Man City to lure him from Everton, not Spurs, why leave somewhere he is secure and happy and take a sideways step to a club he has no affiliation with, that has a track record of Not giving good managers a fair chance (Ramos, Graham, Jol and Gross), he might have a bit of dosh to spend,but no decent players don't want to come to Spurs and there is a strict wage structure in place, and although the truth hurts Spurs fans are Fickle as someone once said and when things are going wrong it doesn't take long to turn on the players and eventually the manager.

David Moyes given money? His number would be up mate!

Yes indeed Paul, just reading through the forum you can see how similar the fans are.dry.png

Do you think Redknap will get the England job by the way?

I agree Rubes we are all the same ( except for Gooners ) we all want to see our clubs go forward and because they mean so much to us when it looks like we are going backwards the frustration for us ordinary fans is sometimes unsustainable, like Evertons current financial situation, I am sure all Everton fans want to see the club make big signings and compete with the big 4 for champions league places and may be the title,its the same with Spurs fans with the clubs lack of ambition to capitilise on last season, to go out and sign a big name striker, but through all the ups and downs we will still love our respective teams, and will still go and spend our hard earned on the end of season DVD's shirts for our kids, spend a fortune going to see them, I remember having a hard time getting to home game to Swindon when they were in the prem, I spent money I couldn't really afford and the lazy cunts put in such a shocking performance that they were lucky to get a 1-1 draw, I said thats it I am not doing this again when the overpaid players can't be bothered to make an effort, but there I was a month later doing it all again.

To be honest I think he'll do alright with England, he'll motivate the current shower into better performances, we won't win anything of course, as I don't think he has a clue tactically, and I think its already a done deal he will be the next England manager.

As for Spurs I would like to see us go after Paul Lambert which would be a shame for Norwich.

Would anyone consider Holloway? For England or Everton.

Would love to see him manage England, he would be hilarious! Might instil a bit of pride in the team too.

Yes, because he played attacking football and had his players give their all, all game, every game. He would play people on form rather than name and could actually bring an attractive quality back to our national squad, you know, play football to be proud off.

Whats the worst that could happen?