• Jack Rodwell
    • Leon Osman
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha
    • Royston Drenthe
    • Phil Neville
    • Apostolis Velios

his knee hits him and he is in the air before the other leg gets there from what i see..i must be seein a different clip to you..not havin a go but you said we might not see something cos we don't want to..maybe you're seein somethin you want to cos quite often i have seen on your posts you want to be the liked fair guy..not sayin its a bad thing but glasses can get tinted either way

Wow, that's a low blow man.

Look, if you don't agree that's fine. I just think there are far too many accusations flying around that have no solid foundation. The video shows movement in the leg on my screen. Again, if you only have a small monitor you might not see it. For me, that is enough evidence to suggest that Suarez might actually have felt pain, and not be rolling around play acting like folk accuse him of. This casts doubt on any allegations that he is cheating, and where there is doubt, there should not be a hanging.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give up seriously. You are a decent bloke but sorry mate you are making yourself appear daft. Suarez is a joke of a cheat. Unless he has a ridiculously low pain threshold then he is play acting pure and simple.

Haf, you're out of order mate. If you can't look at the video and see the evidence in front of you then that's very unfortunate.

That's the last I'm going to say on the subject. I thought this forum was full of fair minded lads, but I was wrong.

it wasn't intended to have a go..it's just how your posts often come across..personally i quite like you as a poster..apart from your jokes ;)

as for suarez..he doesn't show any pain in his face til he lands..that to me says there was no pain from the contact of that foul and he decided to go down and have a cry..he was soon up sharpish wasn't he for all the pain it seemed to cause

Rodwells legs do trap Suarez' leg to be fair to the lad.

It's very difficult to tell the impact looking at it on camera but it would clearly have hurt. I think peeps are being far too hard on the Liverpool player.

How on earth can you clarify whether Suarez was hurt or not.

The video clearly shows his leg has been made contact with, so there is the possibility that he was hurt. To dismiss that is illogical.

Nobody feels it is a foul, but that doesn't mean there is no contact. Are you going to deny what is on the video? That's crazy lol. huh.png

Dude, youve contradicted yourself already, dont start digging further.

There is contact, its shin pad vs shin pad. It doesnt hurt. Maybe he was reacting to how he thought it might hurt but as has been pointed out, his reaction is only when he hits the ground. Dont care that he is a red, if it was one of ours I would call the same - cheating overreaction.

Haf, you're out of order mate. If you can't look at the video and see the evidence in front of you then that's very unfortunate.

That's the last I'm going to say on the subject. I thought this forum was full of fair minded lads, but I was wrong.

we're not fair minded cos we're challenging what you said? wow...pathetic man if that's how you feel

Come on avin, let it go. Why are you even going there? There's stubborn and then there is just blatant pig headed.

We are fair minded but you are looking for something that isn't even there to justify another opinion? Come on mate, you are a popular poster on here get your a game back.

Dude, youve contradicted yourself already, dont start digging further.

There is contact, its shin pad vs shin pad. It doesnt hurt. Maybe he was reacting to how he thought it might hurt but as has been pointed out, his reaction is only when he hits the ground. Dont care that he is a red, if it was one of ours I would call the same - cheating overreaction.

My whole argument is based on this:

Lots of guys are branding Suarez a cheat based on that challenge, and claim he is rolling around play acting. The video evidence suggests there was contact. Had it showed there was no contact, he would clearly be cheating. Because it 'does' show contact, then there is the possibility that he may have been in pain. Because it is possible, you can no longer call him a cheat with 100% conviction. Despite there being evidence, some of you choose to dismiss the evidence, or insist he couldn't possibly be in pain.

I'm not contradicting myself Matt, as I see the leg bend, and Suarez in agony, so it's fair to say that there is pain, as that leg trauma would cause pain. To say it wouldn't hurt, despite seeing that is absurd.

Being fair minded isn't about agreeing, but about looking at the facts, and considering them. Being not fair minded is dismissing their relevance, and calling him a cheat.

Make your own minds up.

Was it a foul worthy of a red card? No.

Was Suarez cheating? No, I don't think he was.

it wasn't intended to have a go..it's just how your posts often come across..personally i quite like you as a poster..apart from your jokes wink.png

as for suarez..he doesn't show any pain in his face til he lands..that to me says there was no pain from the contact of that foul and he decided to go down and have a cry..he was soon up sharpish wasn't he for all the pain it seemed to cause

What do you mean 'quite'? You're my bitch and you know it.

He goes down pretty quickly mate, so not sure how long his brain takes to go "ouch" but that will be about the time his face turns purple. People get back up because pain isn't permanent. Have you ever banged your head and been in traumatic shock for all of 2 seconds before a quick rub sorts it out?

Hmmm, on second thoughts, skip that lol. Visions of dents in ceilings and thick skulls spring to mind. tongue.png

An answer to the rolling around after a tackle would be to remove the player for a period of 5 minutes.This would ensure the badly injured player recieved proper medical attention.

For instance Suarez was obviously injured in the clashrolleyes.gif .......infact he seemed in agony, surely he should retire to the sideline until he and the medical team are satisfied that the player can continue.

If a player rolls over in agony and thrusts his hand up for attention, he MUST be removed from the field of play.....because surely if the pain is that bad then they can't continue.

If a player acts as injured as Suarez did, then within a minute they are up and running as if nothing happened.....fucking book them.

If Suarez was injured why didn't he go off, why didn't he recieve medical atention, why didn't he limp around for a couple of minutes!!

If they roll..........Get them OFF.

Jack tried everything to avoid injuring Suarez...........they sent the wrong player off!

My whole argument is based on this:

Lots of guys are branding Suarez a cheat based on that challenge, and claim he is rolling around play acting. The video evidence suggests there was contact. Had it showed there was no contact, he would clearly be cheating. Because it 'does' show contact, then there is the possibility that he may have been in pain. Because it is possible, you can no longer call him a cheat with 100% conviction. Despite there being evidence, some of you choose to dismiss the evidence, or insist he couldn't possibly be in pain.

I'm not contradicting myself Matt, as I see the leg bend, and Suarez in agony, so it's fair to say that there is pain, as that leg trauma would cause pain. To say it wouldn't hurt, despite seeing that is absurd.

Being fair minded isn't about agreeing, but about looking at the facts, and considering them. Being not fair minded is dismissing their relevance, and calling him a cheat.

Make your own minds up.

Was it a foul worthy of a red card? No.

Was Suarez cheating? No, I don't think he was.

You did contradict yourself, Ive already highlighted it above. Youve said it mustve hurt then when some says it didnt, you made the statement "How on earth can you clarify whether Suarez was hurt or not". Well how can you then make a statement saying it did? So youre contradicting yourself there.

Anyway, Ive also already made up my mind (as have most of us) and not just on this clip. I can say it wouldnt hurt because ive had tackles like that, it just doesnt hurt, or at least it doesnt hurt as much as he is making it out to. There, maybe thats a better phrase. I know there is contact but it is truly minimal. That reaction would be appropriate for a broken leg for example (I should know, 25 broken bones playing football). Unless thats his reaction to something like a stubbed toe too (which wouldve been more painful) or walking to a chair/table, he is play acting ergo cheating. Ive looked at the evidence, ive considered it but Im sticking with my initial reaction which is correct in my opinion.

You did contradict yourself, Ive already highlighted it above. Youve said it mustve hurt then when some says it didnt, you made the statement "How on earth can you clarify whether Suarez was hurt or not". Well how can you then make a statement saying it did? So youre contradicting yourself there.

Anyway, Ive also already made up my mind (as have most of us) and not just on this clip. I can say it wouldnt hurt because ive had tackles like that, it just doesnt hurt, or at least it doesnt hurt as much as he is making it out to. There, maybe thats a better phrase. I know there is contact but it is truly minimal. That reaction would be appropriate for a broken leg for example (I should know, 25 broken bones playing football). Unless thats his reaction to something like a stubbed toe too (which wouldve been more painful) or walking to a chair/table, he is play acting ergo cheating. Ive looked at the evidence, ive considered it but Im sticking with my initial reaction which is correct in my opinion.

Whats it coming to when I have to agree with Matt?! Come on Avin, you've put me in a bad place there!shaking fist.png

How you can judge whether injuries or accidents to other people or not hurt is beyond me, but I guess as you've played football, you must know better than Suarez, as Suarez is a Painter and Decorator, and nobody else on this forum has obviously played football, despite it being the national sport, so therefore know nothing about pain huh? blink.png

I swear it's like reading a sketch written by Laurel and Hardy.

I see the possibility that Suarez could have been genuine. You dismiss that possibility, despite all the evidence in the video. Erm... ok ... I think. rolleyes.gif

my biggest point is that if i get hurt my face changes instantly...not 2 or 3 seconds later after i've jumped in the air and landed...if his face had been covered in pain straight away then i'd believe it..but sorry cos of that i don't..

Take a look at how he lands and his foot. Right at the end of the vid. I'm not defending the guy. I', just stating what is there for all to see.

How you can judge whether injuries or accidents to other people or not hurt is beyond me, but I guess as you've played football, you must know better than Suarez, as Suarez is a Painter and Decorator, and nobody else on this forum has obviously played football, despite it being the national sport, so therefore know nothing about pain huh? blink.png

I see the possibility that Suarez could have been genuine. You dismiss that possibility, despite all the evidence in the video. Erm... ok ... I think. rolleyes.gif

dude, you judged it hurt him, why cant I judge that it didnt? The rest of that argument (painter, national sport etc) is frankly pointless and a little insulting.

Edited by Matt

Take a look at how he lands and his foot. Right at the end of the vid. I'm not defending the guy. I', just stating what is there for all to see.

so the tackle didn't hurt him then? he still rolled around which didn't help rodwell's case...why didn't he say it wasn't the tackle but the landing? his own fault for leaping in the air like he did

so the tackle didn't hurt him then? he still rolled around which didn't help rodwell's case...why didn't he say it wasn't the tackle but the landing? his own fault for leaping in the air like he did

that combined with a distinctly card-happy referee(4 reds in 7 games so far this season) disaster was destined to happen :(

The video evidence IS there for all to see......just take a look on 16 seconds!

Suarez is in terrible pain......BUT on 16 seconds he manages to twist his neck around to see what's going on around him.People with injuries who are in pain don't take time off from the pain to check around and see if their acting has had the desired affect.

1.There was contact.(minimal)

2.Rodwell shouldn't have been sent off or booked.

3.Suarez did feign injury......if he didn't how was he able to carry on whilst injured?

I'm offering a possible reason for the delayed reaction you state exists, that's all.

I think some lads feel I'm saying it was a foul, and that Rodwell should be sent off. I'm not. I'm saying there 'was' contact, and it's 'possible' he could have been in pain. If he was in pain, he can't be cheating. I'm not sure how anybody can dismiss that, but it's a weird and wacky world I guess.

The ref shows a red card only 5 seconds after the tackle is committed. That's not enough time for Suarez to influence the ref when you consider how long it takes to decide, and then get the card out of your pocket. That for me is more a pre-agreed sending off for any bad fouls, and there shouldn't be a 'blanket' rule for 'individual' offences.

rollin around like that didn't help rodwell's case though did it..im not sayin you think its a foul..im say there is no chance that contact could have hurt him like he made out as he doesnt wince til he lands...no way am i sayin it is solely down to suarez as atkinson is more to blame..but suarez was pathetic the way he did it..he is a dirty cheat who will do anything to win..not just in the derby i have seen him chuckin himself about all the time..pitiful excuse of a man

rollin around like that didn't help rodwell's case though did it..im not sayin you think its a foul..im say there is no chance that contact could have hurt him like he made out as he doesnt wince til he lands...no way am i sayin it is solely down to suarez as atkinson is more to blame..but suarez was pathetic the way he did it..he is a dirty cheat who will do anything to win..not just in the derby i have seen him chuckin himself about all the time..pitiful excuse of a man

You could be right Marco. All I said was there was a possibility you were wrong. wink.png

It's what I've said all along to be fair Matt. Folk don't like reading too much. wink.png

dude, you judged it hurt him, why cant I judge that it didnt? The rest of that argument (painter, national sport etc) is frankly pointless and a little insulting.

well it wasnt really was it?