IGNORED

Football Manager 2012

codders78

Is it downloaded and installed?

Sorted it Louis, steam installing a dud file. Needed to right click on the game, select properties and then Verify integrity of cache file. Worked after that. £10 is a bargain but feel sorry for those who couldn't research or be arsed to fix it.

Sorted it Louis, steam installing a dud file. Needed to right click on the game, select properties and then Verify integrity of cache file. Worked after that. £10 is a bargain but feel sorry for those who couldn't research or be arsed to fix it.

My lad's worked fine "out of the box" fortunately; hardly seen him in the last 24 hourssad.png .

My lad's worked fine "out of the box" fortunately; hardly seen him in the last 24 hourssad.png .

24 hours is good going Mike, I jumped into a portal myself once, ended up in 2132 AD...technically 121 years in the future. So 24 hours is nothing, and i'm back now with no side affects, well technically its not a 'side affect', rather an evolution of species...4 arms. What?

Portal has always been one of my fav games, not played Portal 2 yet

Got about 3 hours in last night - one word "awesome"

If ever a game made you think and want to think then this is it, great humour, in terms of portal 1 - it's a brilliant progression. I would say to anyone play portal 1 before 2. It throws the more complex puzzles that you encounter in number 1 quite early. I'm on chapter 3 and it is quite brilliant.

You feel,like patting yourself on the back as the puzzles are so rewarding and make you think. Best £10 spent on a game, however Valve are a bit naughty for not sorting the crashing problem out, you need to be a little techy and up to sorting issues out on a PC to get it working (i'm thinking of some poor kids who just want to play and can't fix files etc)

10/10 from me.

Back to FM 2012, the GUI is impressive, haven't played it much since 2010 (2009 was my fav) - plenty of gaming hours to be had. It will ruin more relationships than a Chelsea christmas party.

what is the deal with downloading the demo with steam?

launched the demo, but remembered i needed to pay the leccy bill, shut it down, paid the bill, restarted the game, steam decides it needs to update the game! its like five minutes since the game was previously running!

WTF!!!

tell me the actual game will have fuck all to do with this steam shit! genuinely putting me off buying the full game.

i know i seem a bit over the top about this, but i have been looking forward to playing this since i downloaded it days ago!!!

Edited by StevO

But louis, I just don't get what steam is.

The old games just booted up straight from my computer, why does it need to be any different from that?

Is it this cloud stuff?

Does the full game have the option of not having steam?

You could update the old games without it, just confuses it for me.

Edited by StevO

Steam is threefold.

It lets you buy games online digitally (much cheaper than the shops for 'old' games) and you can then link them to your steam account..no disc is needed.

It will automatically patch games and keep them up to date

It lets you add people to a list who you enjoy multiplayer with so you can play them online (this was before PS Network/Xbox live from what I remember)

There is a 'cloud' aspect but Football Manager doesn't use it yet, Steam cloud will let you store saved games online so you can carry on from another PC. i.e. work and home wink.png

I think developers like it because they get over twice as much from a steam sale, than they would from a retail store sale

Also, it has the steam sale or game of the day where you can buy games for under £4:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8500/