IGNORED

Another Everton Board, Another Introduction

Dalziel Kane

I don't usually bother with introductions but in any event it's a new forum and already registered with one or two other Toffee boards

Been an Evertonian for some years now, seen some highs and lows, (mostly lows), my favorite players of old would include Graeme Sharp, Neville Southall, Robert Latchford and Tommy Lawton

Proud to be part of one of the most distinguished club soccer sides in UK history, we have an honors list most would give their right arm for, and while it's been mostly dire the last 20 years, I hope one day we can return to something we have seen before. we have to win another trophy soon you would surely think

Too much is said about history, and ours is hardly anything to brag about when compared to some. The quicker fans take each year as it comes the quicker we can all enjoy the football without clouding it with a presumed right to success. The biggest fact about history is that those in the present generally aren't responsible for it, yet many will lay claim to the achievements of others, and talk about it like they created it themselves. It's time to stop looking at the past, and accept our situation to what it is. We are not mighty Everton. We are skint Everton, and we have no divine right to be in the Premiership, never mind win anything.

Too much is said about history, and ours is hardly anything to brag about when compared to some. The quicker fans take each year as it comes the quicker we can all enjoy the football without clouding it with a presumed right to success. The biggest fact about history is that those in the present generally aren't responsible for it, yet many will lay claim to the achievements of others, and talk about it like they created it themselves. It's time to stop looking at the past, and accept our situation to what it is. We are not mighty Everton. We are skint Everton, and we have no divine right to be in the Premiership, never mind win anything.

And a big welcome from me toounsure.png .

I don't usually bother with introductions but in any event it's a new forum and already registered with one or two other Toffee boards

Been an Evertonian for some years now, seen some highs and lows, (mostly lows), my favorite players of old would include Graeme Sharp, Neville Southall, Robert Latchford and Tommy Lawton

Proud to be part of one of the most distinguished club soccer sides in UK history, we have an honors list most would give their right arm for, and while it's been mostly dire the last 20 years, I hope one day we can return to something we have seen before. we have to win another trophy soon you would surely think

Welcome to the site mate, you must be older than me. smile.png

should have mentioned it before but why are first time posters labelled as 'Toffee Lady', I thought that was a bit unfair, as I'm sure she does an important job and it is well received by all, surely newcomers should be recognized as 'Nyarko' or 'Thomsen' or 'Milligan', you know, until they can work themselves up to more established names like Jackson or Stuart

I don't remember seeing Lawton play live, he's one of my favorite all time players, and was a worthy successor to Dean, the man was immense and I think a better goalscorer for England than even Greaves was. Still Died too soon and he rightly belongs in the Goodison Hall of Fame sad.png

should have mentioned it before but why are first time posters labelled as 'Toffee Lady', I thought that was a bit unfair, as I'm sure she does an important job and it is well received by all, surely newcomers should be recognized as 'Nyarko' or 'Thomsen' or 'Milligan', you know, until they can work themselves up to more established names like Jackson or Stuart

I don't remember seeing Lawton play live, he's one of my favorite all time players, and was a worthy successor to Dean, the man was immense and I think a better goalscorer for England than even Greaves was. Still Died too soon and he rightly belongs in the Goodison Hall of Fame sad.png

Being a toffeelady is an important job, when my brother walked my niece around the ground to throw sweets into the crowd he allowed himself the pleasure of individually rocketing barker and dobsons finest at the heads of Leeds fans, it was met with foul abuse but none the less he got great pleasure from it.