• Phil Neville
    • Landon Donovan
    • Denis Stracqualursi
    • Leon Osman
    • Louis Saha
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Magaye Gueye
    • Tim Cahill

I used to coach the 5's, 6's n 7's, noone wanted to be a defender bar the slow kids, so i used to play sweeping passing football with 90% of the team bar the goalie, who also used to score from his own box tongue.png maybe my techniques were used in the first team of late....not the sweeping football of course, just the GK scoring!

It was a tongue in cheek comment but in all seriousness I think there is an element to it, kids who couldn't dribble or cross it or pass it used to play at the back just to stop those who could. You don't have to be a good footballer to be a good defender.

Howard for two crucial save and his goal. I can't believe I said to those sitting around me that we should be taking pot shots from long range in this wind, especially with the wind catching it towards the Gwladys St in the second half, even mentioned Howard scoring but never put a bet on shaking fist.png , anyone know what odds I would have got.

What a team! Based on votes vs games played that would also have Vellios in there also as striker.

You could manager Everton J - just use this page as your guide, get a new assistant in who wasn't sacked by Middlesborough for being too negative, allow them to play pacey attacking free flowing footy - warn them that hoof balls to forwards will result in a £1000 fine per stray pass and that thay are not to sit back after scoring. £70k a week is yours...

Excuse me; as I've done the difficult bit (adding up the votes without a calculator) I think I should be manager. Jaime can be my assistant.....and the most vital piece of information I have to impart to him at this point is.....black with two sugarscool.png .

Excuse me; as I've done the difficult bit (adding up the votes without a calculator) I think I should be manager. Jaime can be my assistant.....and the most vital piece of information I have to impart to him at this point is.....black with two sugarscool.png .

So i can blame you for the incorrect players in that table :lol:

I was in France when the game was underway and didn't get a chance to tune in and only heard about the Howard wind assist goal some time after the event but I'm more concerned about another lacklustre performance from what I can ascertain from other sources, beaten at home by Bolton, an opposition team struggling near the foot of the league and all told it was another inept display from Toffee's and with it more angry noises from our supporters. Saha still continues to disappoint, I hope somehow he may be able to get back to something we have seen before as he's one of my favorite players of the current set up, but he's been struggling of late and some supporters are getting on his back although I can understand their frustrations.

A week or two ago I had ideas about grabbing a Euro berth by end of season if possible, but maybe we should be looking over our shoulders towards the other end, it's almost a certainty this club will not go down, I realize that, but apart from this F.A.cup tourney coming up, we don't seem to have much to play for really unsure.png

I've seen my share of live games over the years. Don't have Sky, often busy during the day, don't watch Match of the Day anymore, how often are we featured on a live radio broadcast, don't do streams, Everton TV, go out into the garden with a huge Jodrell Bank type dish and tune it into Goodison wavelengths, point being, we're hardly featured as much as I am able to watch or listen and more often than not end up relying on related sources for Information. In my defense I have been present on Toffeeweb match day progress reports (weekends) a number of times this season as the games unfolded, may well have seen me at some point, so I guess I have caught a game therefore this season or two

Tamworth at the weekend should have my strict attention, see you on Toffeeweb

I've seen my share of live games over the years. Don't have Sky, often busy during the day, don't watch Match of the Day anymore, how often are we featured on a live radio broadcast, don't do streams, Everton TV, go out into the garden with a huge Jodrell Bank type dish and tune it into Goodison wavelengths, point being, we're hardly featured as much as I am able to watch or listen and more often than not end up relying on related sources for Information. In my defense I have been present on Toffeeweb match day progress reports (weekends) a number of times this season as the games unfolded, may well have seen me at some point, so I guess I have caught a game therefore this season or two

Tamworth at the weekend should have my strict attention, see you on Toffeeweb

You don't have to go to Toffeeweb mate. We're all different here, even Romey. Don't be put off. The grass is no bluer as they say. smile.png

I don't understand Toffeeweb match day forum, you say something, post, and about ten seconds later it's submerged under about 40 new posts from other users, goes for everybody, nobody has a chance to read what they put, only other replies that flash past every few seconds, it's even worse during a particularly poor game and Moyes is being belligerent.

We should have a match day forum here, I saw a variation, but it's not like an actual match day page, I realize we don't have the participants for it and that's all very well and good, maybe it's better that way. Too many cooks on NSNO, GOT etc during match day progress sometimes, I like to wait until game is over and then join in discussions sometimes

We should have a match day forum here, I saw a variation, but it's not like an actual match day page,

We have a thread about every match that people use before, during and after the game...so I don't really see how it's any different other than not having (as I've seen in some other places) designated "commentators".

Dalziel Kane, on 05 Jan 2012 - 20:44, said:

We should have a match day forum here, I saw a variation, but it's not like an actual match day page,

---

'MikeO'

We have a thread about every match that people use before, during and after the game...so I don't really see how it's any different other than not having (as I've seen in some other places) designated "commentators".

---

We also have a Comments and Suggestions topic where you can do exactly what it says on the tin, make comments and suggestions for the Forum.

Edited by Bill