Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

Without doubt Tim Howard.

A few dodgy balls coming over with the wind that he controlled rather well and kept us in it with two world-class saves. His goal obviously gave us the lead and should have given us the three points but the 10 men in front of him just wasn't good enough. I hope he's happy with his performance today because he did really well and the massive boo at the end of the game (the loudest I've heard all season) was aimed at the outfielders in my opinion, not Timmy.

Edit; Who voted for Landon Donovan? He was one of the worst players and added nothing to the team tonight.

Edited by Zoo

Ossie, because he was the only player to give a shit. Howard did incredibly well (and now has as many goals as our main striker) but I cant vote for both of them. Straq also put in one hell of a shift, with some good touches too, and was understandably knackered after 70 mins.

Neville, Saha - you can sod off. Really, just sod off somewhere and dont come back, im fed up of watching Everton play with 9 men. Saha actually played the best he has done for a while but was still shite. Ive defended them both in the past, but cant do it anymore.

Baines, unlucky with the freekick, some good runs I suppose.

Distin - I really wish he could learn to tackle with his right foot sometimes, otherwise our rock at the back.

The rest didnt do enough to impress/annoy me.

howard until their second goal..that punch was pathetic

Don't mean to argue with you directly but I think he was a little unlucky with that punch. The wind was unbelievably bad and he's managed to get it out of the box and away from all the danger which in my book is good goalkeeping, it's just a shame that our defence coulden't get out quite enough and hoof the ball clear. It was a good finish from Cahill too, he didn't half hit it and unfortunatly it was right in the corner.

It also just said on Match of the Day that Howard's goal was scored from 102 yards out... (and he also becomes the 4th goalkeeper to have scored in the Premiership, can anyone name the other three?)

Edited by Zoo

Robinson, Schmeichel and Friedel???

Correct!

Robinson has scored for Leeds United and Tottenham Hotspur.

Schmeichel has scored for Aston Villa against us (and probably Man United although I'm not sure)

and Friedel has scored for Blackburn Rovers.

Correct!

Robinson has scored for Leeds United and Tottenham Hotspur.

Schmeichel has scored for Aston Villa against us (and probably Man United although I'm not sure)

and Friedel has scored for Blackburn Rovers.

Wheeeeey! That quiz was more interesting than the game! ha

what the fuck is he doin punchin it in the first place is my issue!! he could have caught it..dog wank complete and utter

The wind was that bad today that it was the right thing to do in my opinion. There was one time that Howard was going to catch a ball that was directly above him and he ended up having to spin around and punch it over his own bar for a corner because the wind curled it towards the goal. It was so unpredictable that it was the safest option for Tim to have punched the ball and for me he didn't put a foot wrong in that game today and he was the only player that can say that.

When I was walking back to the car from the ground (about 10 minutes after full-time) I saw Tim Cahill driving alongside me, isn't 10 minutes a very short space of time to have gotten changed out of the ground and on the way home? All I'm saying is I'm hoping Moyes has bollocked them for their performances today and not just let it slide.

Edited by Zoo

Why is Distin 10th with 47? :o

And out this in persepective, I'm going to construct a team based on the top 10 current 'Players of the season' by our reckonings -

Howard...64

Hibbert...49 Heitinga...27 Distin...47 Baines...27

Fellaini...101 Rodwell...47

Drenthe...62 Osman...45 Barkley...49

That wasn't that hard if i'm honest (Moyes take note) all we need is a striker, worthy of holding the front-line with everyone else already cemented behind.

It's telling though isn't it? The top 10, pretty much picks itself in the team (without competition for places may I add) without the obvious (striker)

Why is Distin 10th with 47? ohmy.png

And out this in persepective, I'm going to construct a team based on the top 10 current 'Players of the season' by our reckonings -

Howard...64

Hibbert...49 Heitinga...27 Distin...47 Baines...27

Fellaini...101 Rodwell...47

Drenthe...62 Osman...45 Barkley...49

What a team! Based on votes vs games played that would also have Vellios in there also as striker.

You could manager Everton J - just use this page as your guide, get a new assistant in who wasn't sacked by Middlesborough for being too negative, allow them to play pacey attacking free flowing footy - warn them that hoof balls to forwards will result in a £1000 fine per stray pass and that thay are not to sit back after scoring. £70k a week is yours...

What a team! Based on votes vs games played that would also have Vellios in there also as striker.

You could manager Everton J - just use this page as your guide, get a new assistant in who wasn't sacked by Middlesborough for being too negative, allow them to play pacey attacking free flowing footy - warn them that hoof balls to forwards will result in a £1000 fine per stray pass and that thay are not to sit back after scoring. £70k a week is yours...

It would be our team Haf, TT team like, split the weekly wage between everyone who votes, its easy!

I'd get them playing football, I used to coach in the academy, the kids weren't allowed to defend :lol:

i hope moyes bollocked himself as much...and i can't agree a pro keeper has to be able to catch a floated ball..wind or not

That was a massive gripe of mine aswell Marco! The Botlon player who challenged him, was only doing it half arsed aswell, was easier to catch than punch! That has always been a weakness for me with Howard, he punches A LOT of stuff, that he could easily catch and take all the pressure off us with it, but he invites more pressure with the stupid punches he does. Great shot stopper, no doubt, but that is defiantly a weakness of his.

It would be our team Haf, TT team like, split the weekly wage between everyone who votes, its easy!

I'd get them playing football, I used to coach in the academy, the kids weren't allowed to defend laugh.png

Defenders are failed midfielders and strikers!!! That's why they hate them so much!!!

I used to coach the 5's, 6's n 7's, noone wanted to be a defender bar the slow kids, so i used to play sweeping passing football with 90% of the team bar the goalie, who also used to score from his own box :P maybe my techniques were used in the first team of late....not the sweeping football of course, just the GK scoring!