IGNORED

Spurs (on Wednesday, game postponed from beginning of season)

rubecula

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whys everyone ripping on Billy? he was our best player in the front 6 today along with Anichibe and Drenthe. I don't know how you could say Donovan was a ray of light in first half he gave the ball away like four times. Clearly some people have their favorites. Heitinga was good today as was Neville.

I'm actually a fan of Bily and have backed him since he arrived. Pipe down.

I managed to get out of a prior commitment so I could watch this game... I wish I hadn't bothered.

Do you know something though? I seen our starting line-up and I actually got a bit of optimism that we could get something out of the game... then we started playing and I realised what a silly boy I'd been. Other than the early chance for Saha we never looked like scoring. We could still be playing now and Friedel could be having a BBQ on the half-way line and we wouldn't get close to scoring. We were as threatening as a newborn fucking baby.

The first half wasn't so bad, but the second half was atrocious. You wouldn't have thought we were already behind. What was most galling is that Spurs didn't even need to get out of first gear to beat us; they did it at a canter. If they'd actually had a go at us then I dread to think what the scoreline would have been.

Why is it that every time we got the ball our players were surrounded by Spurs players but when they had the ball they had total freedom to do whatever they pleased? I appreciate good football but our own players shouldn't just be standing around watching the opposition play good football ffs. Put a bastard foot in! And when will we learn not to allow the opposition time on the edge of our box to shoot at goal? How many times must we concede like that before they learn? Close them down! Why did we sit so fucking deep? Saha and Vic could have had a tea party with Howard they were that deep.

So many questions and I wonder if Moyes could answer one of them. I doubt it because none of these things were probably part of the plan. Not because he wanted us to play differently but because there probably wasn't a fucking plan.

We got nothing because we gave nothing. It's as simple as that.

If we go to Villa as defensive-minded as that then they'll do us as well, and they're as bad as us this season.

Howard - Made some good stops and could do nothing about either goal.

Neville - I've given him some stick recently but he really gave a captains performance tonight. I can't really recall him doing any of his aimless hoofs down the line and he put some crunching tackles in. More of this please!

Heitinga - Absolutely rock solid at the back and a calming influence as ever. Apart from one lofted ball to absolutely no one I really can't remember him putting a foot wrong all game. He didn't win many headers at all but that's because he didn't really attempt to. He couldn't win them up against Adebayor so he let him win the ball and then dealt with him on the ground. Very clever, IMO. My MOTM.

Distin - Apart from his Yobo moment of charging up the pitch with the pitch and then giving the ball away and leaving us woefully exposed at the back, he had a decent game until he went off.

Baines - Utter shite when it came to defending. He was totally at fault for their first goal. Really didn't look up for it going forward either.

Donovan - In the first half I thought he was the only ray of light. He looked like the only one wanting to move forward with the ball. Second half he was completely anonymous.

Fellaini - Awful. He never once got into the game or looked interested in doing so. His passing was shite, every ball was either loose or a suicide ball to one of our players putting them under pressure. He just jogged around the pitch not even marking any one all game long. I say jogging, but it was more of a brisk walk.

Cahill - Offered more effort than Fellaini at least. He actually tried winning the ball back for us, actually looked for options when he had the ball (even though they were non-existent). He was never going to be the creative spark we needed in the centre of the park though.

Bilyaletdinov - Go home. Please.

Anichebe - He's not fit enough to be starting games, clearly. He looked fucked very early on in the game after a decent start. After that decent start he looked as useless as ever.

Saha - If there is a god then please let him strike this lazy bastard down. Now. If that is a rested and ready to go Louis Saha then I dread to think what a knackered Louis Saha plays like. He put even less effort in than Fellaini and Fellaini was an advert for Sure 24 hour dry deoderant with the amount he sweated tonight. Fuck him off, Davey, I beg you!

You must watch the same game as i do if i weren't so lazy an typed a report of the match this is what i would say! thanks for saving my keyboard fingers!

Whys everyone ripping on Billy? he was our best player in the front 6 today along with Anichibe and Drenthe. I don't know how you could say Donovan was a ray of light in first half he gave the ball away like four times. Clearly some people have their favorites. Heitinga was good today as was Neville.

Donovan in the first half was the only player who was lookin to get forward and do something! he gave the ball away because there was no 1 else on his wave length! I feel sorry for him coming back he must think what the fuck have i come back to here! We don't go forward! And if we do go forward the likes of Saha is still somewhere in midfield like a headless chicken! Moyes grew a bolick tonight playing 442 but even at 442 he sets us out to play defensive. We used to be good with his defensive play keeping clean sheets and having a striker who could actually hit the ball at goal. Moyes is to blame in my opinion he's still sending this team out playing the way we used to play without the players we used to have! We aint got these players anymore and he needs to get another game plan because this aint workin and its not going to work! Dose he even have a plan b? i think not!

So, who thinks I should watch the replay of the game? I was planning on watching it but by the looks of things that is not such a great idea..

If you want to laugh at Saha's shooting boots and billys 2nd division all around play then watch it. Or if you want to see how good a team can pass the ball and press the other team when they don't have it watch it and support spurs!

Edited by coxy051

So, who thinks I should watch the replay of the game? I was planning on watching it but by the looks of things that is not such a great idea..

If you fancy repainting your garden fence in the exact same colour it already is, with a toothbrush, whilst having a housebrick shoved between your cheeks, instead, it would be a more fulfilling and useful, and a less painful, frustrating and embarassing way to spend your time.

I don't think we can blame Moyes for this one. Any line up he could have put out tonight, and even without the ridiculous injury list we have at present because of whatever the fuck they do to the players at training, would be full of uninspiring, uninspired, clueless "footballers" that don't look interested in playing for us.

If you fancy repainting your garden fence in the exact same colour it already is, with a toothbrush, whilst having a housebrick shoved between your cheeks, instead, it would be a more fulfilling and useful, and a less painful, frustrating and embarassing way to spend your time.

I don't think we can blame Moyes for this one. Any line up he could have put out tonight, and even without the ridiculous injury list we have at present because of whatever the fuck they do to the players at training, would be full of uninspiring, uninspired, clueless "footballers" that don't look interested in playing for us.

This! but i don't agree with the we cant blame Moyes theme! For a start he played Billy and he played Cahill And wait for it......... Saha! Ano we have injury's but in my opinion there a god send and there forcing Moyes to play some of the players who actually deserve a game! If only Saha And Cahill was injured and Billy had been sold back to Russia he would have had to play Drenthe Denis vellios or Gueye all who deserve a game ahead of Moeys favourites! I don't wish injury on any of our players but Moyes wont replace a player on form only if they get injured! He loves his favourites! He's like a kid with jelly's who eats all the red ones!

Edited by coxy051

They play dancing dollies as a warm up, and the sessions over by the time Saha has hit everyone

If it's regarding our performance, then it's the constipated pile driver that sticks out of the water like a petrified sealion and has to be physically pushed down the hatch like the launching of the HMS Titanic, as regardless of what we do, the damn thing seems unsinkable.

Thought you didnt like toilet humour