IGNORED

Spurs (on Wednesday, game postponed from beginning of season)

rubecula

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankgod for that! Well done spurs, completely deserved. They didnt even have to break sweat!

Some of the players at least gave it a go today, but the starting line-up and in game changes leave a lot to be desired. Again, I dont think Moyes has done his homework, as we should have been flooding the midfield to stop them playing. We did the opposite.

Howard, Heitinga & Felli(ish) were the better players but certainly werent anything special.

Donovan worked hard, but was did nothing when he got the ball.

All the subs did pretty well and it was nice to see Duffy play. He was composed, committed and in control and didnt look out of place.

Bily was dire. God knows why he started.
Edited by Bailey

I was never really expecting anything from Spurs as said credit due as they are a quality side but please can we at least set out with some attacking intent!

I've always backed Moyes in the past but the man is becoming very stale and quick at that for me, far to negative yet again....

Playing Vic (shite) in Midfield when you have Gueye and Drenthe on the bench and not using Vellios when Saha has been shite is a piss take!

On a good note I'm chuffed for Duffy

Spurs could have made that really embarrassing if they tried a bit harder.

Not happy.

Heads up to Duffy, personally had a clean sheet didnt he?

And, erm, how about we play our most creative player once in a while?

We had so much more about us when Roy came on.

Edited by StevO

50% - A team has failed to get a shot on target 6 times in the Premier League this season & 3 of those occasions it has been Everton. Blunt.

From Twitter: OptaSports (@Optajoe)

I'm afraid I still don't understand how on earth we are in the top 17 of this league.... I can't remember us playing well in any game this season.

Drenthe looked pretty fit to me, so why was he on the bench, whilst other wankers were on the pitch? We sat back for long periods, and played passes of a few yards, which highlights our inability to take responsibility. Everybody is looking for everybody else to do something.

I'm surprised we didn't have most of our players sent off, as they are a complete waste of time, and that's supposed to be a bookable offence. angry.png

were shit Moyes tactics are shit and just shit all over! spurs on the other hand didn't even try hard i love the way they pass the ball and play football yes football something we just cant do at the moment! And ive never ever seen a worse striker of the ball than Saha! how dose this man get a game!!! every shot of his this season has been a scuffed shot and goes wide alllll the fkin time!!! How can a striker be that bad at shooting! On a good note Duffy looked really composed and not out of place at all. Oh and billy im not even going to start ive wanted him to do well since we got him but he just aint a prem player end of story! Dont know what else to say apart from where fucked! Where not a top 10 team any more that's for shure!

shit 21007 up, 1258 down

1. One of the most popular swear/cuss/curse words/profanities

2. another word Feces. Poop. Dookie. Scheisse. Poo Poo. Brownies.

The Shit List:

The Ghost Shit

The kind where you feel shit come out, see shit on the toilet paper, but there's no shit in the bowl.

The Clean Shit

The kind where you feel shit come out, see shit in the bowl, but there's no shit on the toilet paper.

The Wet Shit

You wipe your ass fifty times and it still feels unwiped. So you end up putting toilet paper between your ass and your underwear so you don't ruin them with those dreadful skid marks.

The Second Wave Shit

This shit happens when you've finished, your pants are up to your knees, and you suddenly realize you have to shit some more.

The Brain Hemorrahage Through Your Nose Shit

Also known as "Pop a Vein in Your Forehead Shit". You have to strain so much to get it out that you turn purple and practically have a stroke.

The Corn Shit

No explanation necessary.

The Lincoln Log Shit

The kind of shit that's so enormous you're afraid to flush it down without first breaking it up into little pieces with the toilet brush.

The Nororius Drinker Shit

The kind of shit you have the morning after a long night of drinking. It's most noticeable trait is the tread mark left on the bottom of the toilet bowl after you flush.

The "Gee, I Really Wish I Could Shit" Shit

The kind where you want to shit, but even after straining your guts out, all you can do is ...

shit 21007 up, 1258 down

1. One of the most popular swear/cuss/curse words/profanities

2. another word Feces. Poop. Dookie. Scheisse. Poo Poo. Brownies.

The Shit List:

The Ghost Shit

The kind where you feel shit come out, see shit on the toilet paper, but there's no shit in the bowl.

The Clean Shit

The kind where you feel shit come out, see shit in the bowl, but there's no shit on the toilet paper.

The Wet Shit

You wipe your ass fifty times and it still feels unwiped. So you end up putting toilet paper between your ass and your underwear so you don't ruin them with those dreadful skid marks.

The Second Wave Shit

This shit happens when you've finished, your pants are up to your knees, and you suddenly realize you have to shit some more.

The Brain Hemorrahage Through Your Nose Shit

Also known as "Pop a Vein in Your Forehead Shit". You have to strain so much to get it out that you turn purple and practically have a stroke.

The Corn Shit

No explanation necessary.

The Lincoln Log Shit

The kind of shit that's so enormous you're afraid to flush it down without first breaking it up into little pieces with the toilet brush.

The Nororius Drinker Shit

The kind of shit you have the morning after a long night of drinking. It's most noticeable trait is the tread mark left on the bottom of the toilet bowl after you flush.

The "Gee, I Really Wish I Could Shit" Shit

The kind where you want to shit, but even after straining your guts out, all you can do is ...

I hate toilet humour. mellow.png

I feel we're playing without wanting to win... without wanting to do anything, just pass the ball around and expect another to do the job and get forward. At least Drenthe showed some positive attitude when he came on. Otherwise it's total shite. And Heitinga did okay, Howard did okay, Baines did okay. The others have a total lack of enthusiasm. Do they even WANT to play football? Or do they do it for the salary? Whose fault is the lack of enthusiasm and amibition at the Club? Moyes? Kenwright? The players themselves? A mix?

I don't want ONE more careless game like this. Raise your flags at Villa, lads! COYB

Totally agree, been saying this for ages, It seems Moyes sends out the team for a 0-0 draw, but when teams score against us we have no answer cause our set up is so negative!

I don't really mind when we set up for a 0-0 draw against the good teams. I mean tonight I would have actually accepted a defensive team because of the way that Spurs are playing in the same way that I accepted a defensive team against Manchester City because they were smacking arse left, right and centre. The fact is that in almost every game we set up defensivly but never look like we are bothered, whether we are playing defensive or not we need to actually play football and that is something that we are not doing at this club and it's upsetting.

We need inspiration and drive from somewhere if we are to succeed.

I don't really mind when we set up for a 0-0 draw against the good teams. I mean tonight I would have actually accepted a defensive team because of the way that Spurs are playing in the same way that I accepted a defensive team against Manchester City because they were smacking arse left, right and centre. The fact is that in almost every game we set up defensivly but never look like we are bothered, whether we are playing defensive or not we need to actually play football and that is something that we are not doing at this club and it's upsetting.

We need inspiration and drive from somewhere if we are to succeed.

yeap hit the nail on the head

It's the managers job to inspire his team and also set that team out to it's best tactically which we have not had once so far this season in both area's.

To be able to play football to the best of our abilities we should be starting players like Drenthe who actually go forward and press teams not just play sideways it's like we hired a team of sea crabs ffs.

I can understand that DM has limited options this season but that does not excuse some of the tripe people have paid good money to see. I may be being very negative but I'm genuinely worried for this club at present.

I managed to get out of a prior commitment so I could watch this game... I wish I hadn't bothered.

Do you know something though? I seen our starting line-up and I actually got a bit of optimism that we could get something out of the game... then we started playing and I realised what a silly boy I'd been. Other than the early chance for Saha we never looked like scoring. We could still be playing now and Friedel could be having a BBQ on the half-way line and we wouldn't get close to scoring. We were as threatening as a newborn fucking baby.

The first half wasn't so bad, but the second half was atrocious. You wouldn't have thought we were already behind. What was most galling is that Spurs didn't even need to get out of first gear to beat us; they did it at a canter. If they'd actually had a go at us then I dread to think what the scoreline would have been.

Why is it that every time we got the ball our players were surrounded by Spurs players but when they had the ball they had total freedom to do whatever they pleased? I appreciate good football but our own players shouldn't just be standing around watching the opposition play good football ffs. Put a bastard foot in! And when will we learn not to allow the opposition time on the edge of our box to shoot at goal? How many times must we concede like that before they learn? Close them down! Why did we sit so fucking deep? Saha and Vic could have had a tea party with Howard they were that deep.

So many questions and I wonder if Moyes could answer one of them. I doubt it because none of these things were probably part of the plan. Not because he wanted us to play differently but because there probably wasn't a fucking plan.

We got nothing because we gave nothing. It's as simple as that.

If we go to Villa as defensive-minded as that then they'll do us as well, and they're as bad as us this season.

Howard - Made some good stops and could do nothing about either goal.

Neville - I've given him some stick recently but he really gave a captains performance tonight. I can't really recall him doing any of his aimless hoofs down the line and he put some crunching tackles in. More of this please!

Heitinga - Absolutely rock solid at the back and a calming influence as ever. Apart from one lofted ball to absolutely no one I really can't remember him putting a foot wrong all game. He didn't win many headers at all but that's because he didn't really attempt to. He couldn't win them up against Adebayor so he let him win the ball and then dealt with him on the ground. Very clever, IMO. My MOTM.

Distin - Apart from his Yobo moment of charging up the pitch with the pitch and then giving the ball away and leaving us woefully exposed at the back, he had a decent game until he went off.

Baines - Utter shite when it came to defending. He was totally at fault for their first goal. Really didn't look up for it going forward either.

Donovan - In the first half I thought he was the only ray of light. He looked like the only one wanting to move forward with the ball. Second half he was completely anonymous.

Fellaini - Awful. He never once got into the game or looked interested in doing so. His passing was shite, every ball was either loose or a suicide ball to one of our players putting them under pressure. He just jogged around the pitch not even marking any one all game long. I say jogging, but it was more of a brisk walk.

Cahill - Offered more effort than Fellaini at least. He actually tried winning the ball back for us, actually looked for options when he had the ball (even though they were non-existent). He was never going to be the creative spark we needed in the centre of the park though.

Bilyaletdinov - Go home. Please.

Anichebe - He's not fit enough to be starting games, clearly. He looked fucked very early on in the game after a decent start. After that decent start he looked as useless as ever.

Saha - If there is a god then please let him strike this lazy bastard down. Now. If that is a rested and ready to go Louis Saha then I dread to think what a knackered Louis Saha plays like. He put even less effort in than Fellaini and Fellaini was an advert for Sure 24 hour dry deoderant with the amount he sweated tonight. Fuck him off, Davey, I beg you!