IGNORED

Stewart Downing arrested

Avinalaff

'Allegedly, Allegedly', i.e. it's another rumor doing the rounds pounced on by desperate media hacks, there's no tangible evidence to support this claim, Liverpool FC or otherwise

and how does one define assault these days, in todays day and age one can get pulled up for breathing on someone, probably there was some minor altercation between Downing and woman and it got a bit blown out of proportion, I doubt there was any real malice involved

If proved wrong and there was some hostile intent, fair enough I got it wrong, but we'll wait and see what happens

Liverpool 'livingoffpastgloriesandcan'tacceptweareshite' Mad have actually devoted about 500 comments to it already, she's been taken in as well, it's not as if they don't have enough on their plate at the moment. I guess we'll get more facts about this story as the days pass

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=144726&page=32

Seems Downing punched a lady, all of which has been captured on cctv.

That should prove lucky for the liverpool player, for it was similar cctv footage showing team mate steven Gerrard assulted in a club recently.The images captured clearly showed a disc jockey smash his head into Gerrards fist....twice, he also tried to bite MR Gerrard, leading to a couple of broken teeth.

Liverpool fc have released a statement , saying they are sure the footage showing a lady attacking Downing with her chin will prove usefull in court.

Tee shirts will go on sale Monday.smile.png

Seems Downing punched a lady, all of which has been captured on cctv.

That should prove lucky for the liverpool player, for it was similar cctv footage showing team mate steven Gerrard assulted in a club recently.The images captured clearly showed a disc jockey smash his head into Gerrards fist....twice, he also tried to bite MR Gerrard, leading to a couple of broken teeth.

Liverpool fc have released a statement , saying they are sure the footage showing a lady attacking Downing with her chin will prove usefull in court.

Tee shirts will go on sale Monday.smile.png

:lol:

OK, let's put this into perspective... Duncan nuts someone on the pitch - he get's a jail sentence. Barton attacks a lad in the street, get's a jail sentence.

Downing attacks a 'female' - i'm sorry but that's a disgrace, he should do time and in all honesty sacked from the club. I know it's likely his first offence but it's a bad one.