IGNORED

Amazon Kindle/Tablets

Louis

Mike - There's a video review of it here: http://phandroid.com...conia-b1-video/

Romey - Wirral council have an account with overdrive.com - so there are some free ebooks/audiobooks to be had. smile.png

See http://wirral.lib.overdrive.com

Liverpool City Council have an account too and they have a different selection of books..so I have a Liverpool Council account too (I opened it when I lived there, not because of this)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest millwallforever

Does anybody on here have one?

If so, what do you think of them; are they worth buying?

I got two hd7 2nd gen, without camera. Excellent devices, very reliable. I also have a regular kindle; still running strong. Edited by millwallforever

Tesco have come out with their own 7" called the Hudl 2, which came out in october, it Does everything other tablets can do and also has back and front Cameras. £129 in any Tesco store.

Good Christmas presents for the Neices and Nephews

Edited by Bill

For what I use it for it's pointless buying "branded". I bought myself a generic ten inch android 4.4 tablet off ebay about three months ago. It's quad core, 32GB, 1GB RAM, front and back camera and it's as fast as anything I've ever tried in a shop. Only two slight drawbacks is it's not "rooted" so the odd app won't run and the display isn't full HD (which is no problem at all imo on a screen that size, well it isn't for me anyway).

Download the Kindle app and it's a Kindle to all intents and purposes so I don't see the point in paying extra for the name. It was £69.99 delivered. Love it.

Guest millwallforever

Kindle Fire HD7 is currently being offered for €79 on amazon.de if you are a Prime member. I picked up two of them. Excellent hardware, manufactured at the same factory as the iPads.

For what I use it for it's pointless buying "branded". I bought myself a generic ten inch android 4.4 tablet off ebay about three months ago. It's quad core, 32GB, 1GB RAM, front and back camera and it's as fast as anything I've ever tried in a shop. Only two slight drawbacks is it's not "rooted" so the odd app won't run and the display isn't full HD (which is no problem at all imo on a screen that size, well it isn't for me anyway).

Download the Kindle app and it's a Kindle to all intents and purposes so I don't see the point in paying extra for the name. It was £69.99 delivered. Love it.

Guest millwallforever

My lad's got seven inch tablet; screen's a bit small for me, prefer the ten.

You can hold a 7 inch tablet with one hand, whereas a 10 inch tablet is likely to be too heavy. I do lots of pdf-editing and it is very convenient to be able to easily hold the tablet with the left hand while you do the editing with other. That being said, I might get the fire hdx 8.9 at some point, but currently it is way too expensive. I need a high resolution screen because of the PDFs; a 10 inch tablet with HD screen is going to cost serious money.

Edited by millwallforever

• 3 weeks later...
Guest millwallforever

What impresses my about my kindle fire is that I can watch football games on it, and the quality is far better than on my regular PC. Great little device.

• 6 months later...