IGNORED

Everton Memories

Zoo

I was stumbling around YouTube the other night when I came across the beautiful video below and it gave me an idea about a thread we could have here on ToffeeTalk. It's been no secret that over the past few months people on here have been angry and depressed about that state of affairs in our club and this is simply a 'Good Memories' thread in the sense that it's a place to post videos (or even pictures and posts) about some quality moments that have happened at Everton Football Club in an attempt to cheer people up and give them a reason to fall in love with our club again.

I'll kick things off as its the video that inspired me to create this thread and it's a goal that always brings a smile to my face.

Leighton Baines' equaliser against Chelsea in the FA Cup - we went on to win the game on penalties thanks to Phil Neville.

(If this has already been done or the Admin/Mods don't like it feel free to delete along with my apologies). Edited by Zoo

Woods clearly needs to change his boots as for two of those goals he slipped. It's nice to see us look so dominant though in the Premier League given the troubles we had before David Moyes came along.

I'm too young to remember Kanchelskis and Speed unfortunatly but from the video alone it's obvious what players they were and how much of a contribution they gave to the club in general. Speed's first goal for example was an excellent finish and the speed which Kanchelskis showed throughout was breath-taking.

What I'd give for a 7-1 at home this season!

This man gave me a lot of good memories ....

Especially when a newspaper offered some prize money to any striker who could get 30 goals in a season.

Needless to say Bob duly obliged, and being the man he was ....... he shared the prize money with his team mates.

Edited by Bill

This man gave me a lot of good memories ....

Especially when a newspaper offered some prize money to any striker who could get 30 goals in a season.

Needless to say Bob duly obliged, and being the man he was he shared the prize money with his team mates.

It was £10,000 Bill wasn't it? Seemed a lot of money back thendry.png .

Was the Express I think and Bob clinched it with a late penalty in a 6-0 win over Chelsea at Goodison. I cut the match report out of the Sunday paper...probably still got it buried in a box in the atticsmile.png .

Always remember this one too, we beat Manchester United at Goodison 1-0 thanks to a header from Duncan Ferguson. I remember my Dad telling me that the only reason he knew we had scored was because he pulled onto the driveway from work and could hear the screams from inside the house because we had gone 1 up!

Timmy Howard in goal too!

Barry Donks ahem...... I mean Horne's 35 yarder against Wimbledon, was having kittens all afternoon, better feeling than winning the F.A cup I tell you.

I watched that on ceefax....was too scared to listen to the radio or watch TV...just total silence with me on my knees watching the page update.

Was on long term sick at the time so skint but I'd decided if we went down I was going to go out immediately after the game to buy a shirt....was so relieved I went out and bought one anyway (the one my lad's wearing in my pic).

Again I'm too young to remember. All that I know is that my mum and dad were sitting in the kitchen crying their eyes out after listening to Horne's goal go into the back of the net. I myself was wandering around in nappies wondering why my mother and father were having kittens at the kitchen floor.

Always remember this one too, we beat Manchester United at Goodison 1-0 thanks to a header from Duncan Ferguson. I remember my Dad telling me that the only reason he knew we had scored was because he pulled onto the driveway from work and could hear the screams from inside the house because we had gone 1 up!

That is the best atmosphere I have ever been involved in. Magic doesn't even begin to cover that night.

Pleased to say was in attendance on the day, it was something to see. Kendall shouldn't have been manager at the time, and he was off again later that summer, incredible afternoon, it wasn't as close as 1994 but we did, as someone put it that day- 'Toffees' escape relegation by the thickness of a sweet wrapper'. Pitch invasion, the rain came down and it all got a bit crazy, but what an afternoon to live through

Strange to hear that the Chelsea fans were wanted Bolton to equalise! Was that because they didn't like us or because they liked Bolton?

That is the best atmosphere I have ever been involved in. Magic doesn't even begin to cover that night.

That was before I had a season ticket so unfortunatly I missed the game, heard it was a really good atmousphere though!

That was before I had a season ticket so unfortunatly I missed the game, heard it was a really good atmousphere though!

It was Rooney's return and the crowd was amazing from start to finish, we didn't need the goal to get us going. Goodison was a cauldron, as angry as I've ever heard it, I literally had goosebumps.

When Ferguson scored? Fuck, it was absolutely amazing. I went home with no voice and I could hardly hear. I will never forget that night.

It was Rooney's return and the crowd was amazing from start to finish, we didn't need the goal to get us going. Goodison was a cauldron, as angry as I've ever heard it, I literally had goosebumps.

When Ferguson scored? Fuck, it was absolutely amazing. I went home with no voice and I could hardly hear. I will never forget that night.

Remember that game well. Used to have a season ticket with my Dad, and that is probably the best atmosphere i have ever witnessed. Goosebumps from start to finish. I also remember the day we played United (2-4), the week Alan Ball died. I remember my dad saying he cried as a kid when Ball went to Arsenal, and he was in tears at the start of this game, unbelievable atmosphere when his son put the reef behind the goal, and after we went 2 up, it was truly amazing. Obviously we got beat 4-2, but the emotions at the start of the game were sky high and after we went 2-0 up, the place went crazy.

Unfortunate title to the video i know, but its 2:40 in..

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I also remember the day we played United (2-4), the week Alan Ball died. I remember my dad saying he cried as a kid when Ball went to Arsenal, and he was in tears at the start of this game, unbelievable atmosphere when his son but the reef behind the goal, and after we went 2 up, it was truly amazing. Obviously we got beat 4-2, but the emotions at the start of the game were sky high and after we went 2-0 up, the place went crazy.

Was there with your dad crying....had photos of Bally all over my bedroom wall (was eleven) and I ripped them all off in floodssad.png .

Came up for the United game as well, could only get a restricted view way up at the back of the Gwladys about as far to the left as it gets but I had to be there for that one. Brilliant day....the result was secondary for once....but it was amazing for a bit.....if only Turner had held onhuh.png .

I was trying to find some other things to put on but they were not there, the 1995 FA cup semi-final at Elland Road seems to have disappeared, but lo and behold lots of coverage and pieces of United against Palace the same year. Wanted to show the 1991 FA cup 5th round second replay with the murderers but they only have the 4-4 draw, and we've all seen that inside out, and well it wasn't really a win was it, just an outstanding game

After some frustration I have gone with the Luton Town semi from 1984/85, the picture quality is sub standard but for those old enough to remember it was at a time when a real chance of a European treble was on, but we lost out in the end. Couldn't be in Birmingham that day for the game but made it four years later for the Norwich fixture (although result was overshadowed that day by events elsewhere). Easily the best squad set up of recent memory for Blues but bit by bit the great side was to be broken up one way or another. It doesn't seem like nearly 27 years have passed since this day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9XRrvUkAQ&feature=related

I think that this is relevant for today! The highlights of last season's 5-3 victory against Blackpool, I was at the ground and I have to say I was buzzing from Saha scoring 4 (his first hat-trick) and us coming out on top in what was a fantastic game.

My only wish is that we replecate this stunning performance come 3:00 today.

(http://www.thefootballtube.com/videos/36943/everton-vs-blackpool-highlights-5-3.html) - full highlights.

best game ive been to in my life the sound on the video doesnt give you even an idea how buzzing goodison was.

my first ever trip to goodison, Everton 6-2 Swindon town, Tony Cottee hatrick, Brett Angell debuted and hit the bar. I believe it was Mike Walkers first game in charge and you could just feel the optimism around the place. It didnt quite turn out that well tho.........

Not one of the best memories as we only managed to draw 1-1 with Birmingham City but I think this game will always be remembered for this goal from Johnny Heitinga. It was his first goal in over two years and I have to say it's a beauty! Especially coming from a central defender.