IGNORED

Everton Memories

Zoo

Two memories for me, and both being very similar last day escapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvbvavLJwvU

Everton v Wimbledon 1994

Everton v Cov 1998

Heart in mouth time on both, and remember the relief.

Jumped from the main stand onto the exec boxes to get down onto the pitch after the Cov game. I can't get a ban now can I? lol

Not putting a link up as it is taking forever to get with my dodgy connection, but I was there.

By there I mean at GP when we tore the guts out of Bayern Munich one dark and emotion filled night. I am sure none of you can possibly know what I am talking about.rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Honestly guys the greatest bestest atmosphere I can actually remember at GP. I was so hoarse from screaming.

Seriously the best memory I have from Goodison. And when that third goal went in I almost fainted with excitement. Sadly I was in hospital for Rotterdam. I think I had just been sent home as I remember watching it on the tv with my dad. "Kevin Sheedy! And thats the answer"

Wonderful days. We really were the best team around. International sports writers apparently voted us the best football club team in the world, as a sort of compensation for not being allowed to compete in the European Cup the following year.

But the bit that I will always remember, is that night against Bayern at GP.

'Mr Kendall this is not football'

Howard - 'Fuck Off'

If the ECWC final had not been three days after the FA cup end, and the players had had a chance to recuperate sufficiently from their endeavors I really do feel we could have got the treble that year, United were clearly nowhere near as good as us at the time and that was illustrated in the charity shield in august when we won with ease even with one or two of the championship side no longer with us

Can't be bothered with Youtube but for the purpose of this thread I include

1991 FA cup 2nd replay Dave Watson

1978 Shite derby, Andrew King 'get off the pitch'

1986 Manchester City 4-0, Lineker with three

1985 Qpr 2-0, championship received

2005 Ferguson 1 Manchester United 0

2004 Carsley game vs shite victory

1990 vs QPR 1-0 (I was merely there and it was a very good game, Southall had one of the best performances of the season, they missed a penalty decision if memory serves, only goal was Cottee from the same manner)

could be here all day with this but time is short

This match always sticks in my mind, the first match i took my mrs to..and memorable for this from Arteta (his first goal for the club).. and also for Vaughan's goal that knocked Rooney off the record books for youngest scorer for the club. smile.png

Edited by storm

Royle's first game (I think), Ferguson's first EFC goal and my 1st merseyside derby! 3 monumental events in our clubs history!

I love how your first derby is part of our clubs history! I'm sure if seen it engraved somewhere 'c1982's first game' ;) It's a great goal from Ferguson though and it's always nice to beat Liverpool, I'm sure Goodison was rocking that night.

I'm pretty surprised that this goal hasn't been brought up yet. I wasn't at the ground but I do remember when Wayne Rooney scored his first goal for Everton in the Premier League.

I'm sure that he came on as a substitute against Wrexham the week before and we won 4-0 (he scored two) but this is probably his most famous goal to date.

Unlucky Seaman.

I've still got the taped copy from that night we recorded on MOTD of That fixture (along with other days games), back in 2002

It's a game I remember like yesterday, they were unbeaten for eons, were Double winners at the time if memory serves, Henry was maybe at his peak and they had a wealth of international stars, and some gave us no chance beforehand of breaking their record, it seemed just another day where they would pick up some more points and march on

Llunjberg (or however you spell his damn name) scored first if memory serves, Radzinski levelled by half time, and Rooney came on after about 70 minutes and scored that strike, he even scored an even better one a few minutes later but it was enough to break their record and it was some day out for everybody at the club. Lynam, Atkinson and Townsend were doing analysis that day and were giving the kid all kinds of plaudits and recognition and Moyes got mentioned too, although he had only been in the job for a few months

That was a good season, apart from the Shrewsbury embarrassment a few weeks later, we went on to finish about 6th in the league (a very good standing at the time) and Rooney would only get better, but it's where it all started for him that day

I've still got the taped copy from that night we recorded on MOTD of That fixture (along with other days games), back in 2002

It's a game I remember like yesterday, they were unbeaten for eons, were Double winners at the time if memory serves, Henry was maybe at his peak and they had a wealth of international stars, and some gave us no chance beforehand of breaking their record, it seemed just another day where they would pick up some more points and march on

Llunjberg (or however you spell his damn name) scored first if memory serves, Radzinski levelled by half time, and Rooney came on after about 70 minutes and scored that strike, he even scored an even better one a few minutes later but it was enough to break their record and it was some day out for everybody at the club. Lynam, Atkinson and Townsend were doing analysis that day and were giving the kid all kinds of plaudits and recognition and Moyes got mentioned too, although he had only been in the job for a few months

That was a good season, apart from the Shrewsbury embarrassment a few weeks later, we went on to finish about 6th in the league (a very good standing at the time) and Rooney would only get better, but it's where it all started for him that day

did i fall asleep in that match or summat??

Yes, NEARLY scored, can't be right all the time, he nearly scored an even better one moments later

I guess the above one is the mints commercial when Gosling was about to strike against the shite a few years ago, missed the relevant action and all. That's what you get when it's broadcast on a five fifths of useless piece of shit Tv station such as ITV, What group of individuals puts on commercials during a live sporting event especially of real importance and at the worst time imaginable. what a Bunch of - dry.png

Did anyone include the 5-0 fixture in 1984 against Manchester, I think it was the week after the Sharp goal at Anfield and it's a result that speaks for itself, what a team we had at the time, also against Sunderland end of season (4-1) , Gray scored a couple of goals that were quite awesome, even for the neutrals

I guess the above one is the mints commercial when Gosling was about to strike against the shite a few years ago, missed the relevant action and all. That's what you get when it's broadcast on a five fifths of useless piece of shit Tv station such as ITV, What group of individuals puts on commercials during a live sporting event especially of real importance and at the worst time imaginable. what a Bunch of - dry.png

I was one of the lucky few that managed to see the goal on the TV as ITV in my area had got it spot on and kept the game on. I remember punching my bed in happieness and nearly taking the house of with screams, Dan Gosling may not be the fans favourite here at Goodison Park but for this goal he will always have some time from me.

I was out at the time and trying to keep up with events, it was a mad evening

Only found out about the commercial nonsense a day or two later actually, but thought 'No surprise'

Remember being sick sometime before midnight that day, had a couple of drinks, but I think it was just the emotion of the evening and my insides didn't agree with something and subsequently had to vomit, it was an evening you look back on for whatever reasons, same as with the semi-final victory over Manchester I suppose

Always remember this day as I was at Goodison (pretty sure it was my first ever Goodison derby). The goal is at 00:20 and I remember the whole place going up in roars when the ball went past Kirkland and into the Liverpool net, one of the loudest games I've ever been to. I sang my heart out in the stands as proud as ever to be an Evertonian.

• 3 weeks later...

You can thank me later Rubes!

Defo that one for me. I started watching the game at the Park End, end of the paddock and was gradually moved, by numbers, towards the Street End. The atmosphere was unbelievable and the noise when Trevor Steven scored the clincher was the loudest I have heard at Goodison. Everyone hugging everyone else and singing in the streets as they made their way home or to the pub. I just wish for another night like that.

I saw the post match talk after the Rideout Final before, had it taped on the day and still have it in possession to this day, but the BBC edited half of that out for their highlights show, saw some bits there I hadn't seen before, Amokachi looked as if he was standing on an earth tremor..

I also have the after game banquet in London with the squad, wives and girlfriends, and further interviews with said Rideout, Watson and of course Royle. Ferguson declined to offer any comment. The chairman of the time Johnson was also in attendance, seemed a bit slurred, and was rambling on about how good it all was, giving disingenuous statements and didn't look all that interested. Kenwright too cropped up somewhere, in between intoxicated heads and idiots and gave reference to when the club was banned from Europe in 1985 and how there would be another opportunity, and what we could maybe do this time (first round exit by Feyenoord if memory serves), but seemed very enthusiastic and caught up in the day's events

I wish I could have been there for that Munich game, most people think it was the best ever Goodison game, that covers a lot of ground, but you can appreciate the circumstances and occasion, must have been a night for the ages. should have been further european nights the following season this time in the European Cup but it wasn't to be

We had post match reaction to 1995 so why not go back before to the Watford Final in '84, never seen this before actually

• 3 weeks later...