IGNORED

Jake Bidwell

Bill

Couldn't see another thread on Jake, so please merge if there is one, Brentfords boss was on ESPN the other day talking about Bidwell.

Went on about him wanting to learn and how he stays behind to train longer than the squad, he's really made up with the level of performance he gives, and sees a great future for him.

found this and plenty of others on wiki .... http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17059827

Edited by Bill

According to FIFA Bidwell is a left back so I'm guessing that the only way he would break into the Everton squad in his playing position is should Baines have a dip in form or get injured. It's nice to have young talent though that can come through as it's cheap for us and it means that they will give everything they've got to become a recognised figure at Goodison. Good luck to him!

Found this article too concerning Jake, he has extended his loan at Brentford meaning he will be staying there till March.

Brentford manager Uwe Rosler told the club website "I can only take my hat off to him for the level of performance he has delivered."

(http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17059827)

Edited by Zoo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can see him staying till the end of the season too, I can't see why he would come back to Everton with such little of the calendar left to play. He might even join on a permanent basis too considering how much time he has spent at Brentford in the past few years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good call Rom. You made this prediction about a month ago. Hope we have a buyback clause on him or Forshaw in case they continue with solid development.

He's been on loan there for the best part of 2 years so it was always on the cards.

Pretty sure we have some clauses in our favour with Forshaw because I think we were reluctant to let him go but we couldn't stand in his way of first-team football. I don't rate Bidwell so I won't be too bothered if we don't do similar with him.

By all accounts he's a terrific player, so why get rid of a long term successor to Baines?

But he's behind Oviedo (23) and Garbutt (21) in the pecking order so his chances are potentially a long way off...maybe he asked to leave because he knows that.

Garbutt is now a free agent Mike unless things have been done behind the scenes. Contract expired June 2013.

The club are still talking about him on the official site, and he's done a diary entry on there for his time at the U20s Championship that's taking place.

So I'm pretty sure he's still ours and he wasnt listed as one of the youngsters released.