IGNORED

New Laptop

marcopaulo

I did consider the cut and paste job damn it as one plausible theory but then again someone may just have taken the time to put in an effort and writing in their own words, a commodity in such short supply anymore. Why not just give the link to page instead of a cut and paste job anyway, but I'll let it rest

Look - Ten thousand posts. Quite a milestone.

I had a look at the last link and most of the prices are still damn expensive, besides reductions, and money don't grow on trees.

We don't need any more additions anyway, got a PC and Laptop and that is enough, there's no sense in going out and buying more contraptions.

Heard it before that Dell is a company to avoid, poor quality products and all. We have a Medion, and Germany is usually relied upon for it's efficiency and thus far we have only had one major complaint with it, which was down to human error in the end, it's a bit big and heavy though compared to more recent models.

• 3 years later...

Time has come to replace my aging Acer. Sooo slow now no matter what I try.

Looking at this at the mo...

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-p247sa-15-6-laptop-with-beats-audio-blue-10108695-pdt.html

Anyone got any bright ideas. That sort of spec is more than enough for what I need, just a shame it's the wrong shade of blue.

Budget is £400-ish.

Time has come to replace my aging Acer. Sooo slow now no matter what I try.

Looking at this at the mo...

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-p247sa-15-6-laptop-with-beats-audio-blue-10108695-pdt.html

Anyone got any bright ideas. That sort of spec is more than enough for what I need, just a shame it's the wrong shade of blue.

Budget is £400-ish.

wait for the intel skylake chip to be launched later this year - 2 things will happen - existing models will drop in price big time so you can either get a really good deal on an outdated model or get a more future proof model for what you may pay now.

In short - keep your powder dry.

wait for the intel skylake chip to be launched later this year - 2 things will happen - existing models will drop in price big time so you can either get a really good deal on an outdated model or get a more future proof model for what you may pay now.

In short - keep your powder dry.

Don't know if this thing will last that long Haf. Getting blue screens pretty regularly and my CPU usage hits 100% as soon as I open a single web page; I think death is imminent, though I'll stick it back to factory settings once I get a new one and see if that solves stuff. Maybe have it as a back-up.

Don't know if this thing will last that long Haf. Getting blue screens pretty regularly and my CPU usage hits 100% as soon as I open a single web page; I think death is imminent, though I'll stick it back to factory settings once I get a new one and see if that solves stuff. Maybe have it as a back-up.

hmmm, yeah I think its looking like October time to be honest.

Got the HP. Looking good so far, can't believe it when it tells me I've got eight hours battery time left. PC World sales guys are a joke though, watching them flog extended guarantees to old peple makes me angry. Then the guy tried to sell me an "already set up" version of mine for an extra £30! How difficult is it to "set up" a laptop and how far could they have got with it without personal details?

Numpties. But just doing their job I guess.

Laptops are upgraded by the month, you'll be fine with HP. I'll only ever buy another laptop again if I've no choice; tablet and desktop cover everything for me. Really depends what you want to do with it.

Can understand that. But we've just got a small house so nowhere practical for a desktop (Josh's bedroom aside); built the cabin in the garden years ago with my "den" in mind and had a desk/computer/comfy chairs (and soft cushions) but it gets too hot in the summer and is too expensive to heat in the winter so not practical. So I need to be mobile.

And I love my tablet, used it exclusively on holiday, but I just can't type fast enough on it. One finger warrior sadly, same as on the phone :(.

Can understand that. But we've just got a small house so nowhere practical for a desktop (Josh's bedroom aside); built the cabin in the garden years ago with my "den" in mind and had a desk/computer/comfy chairs (and soft cushions) but it gets too hot in the summer and is too expensive to heat in the winter so not practical. So I need to be mobile.

And I love my tablet, used it exclusively on holiday, but I just can't type fast enough on it. One finger warrior sadly, same as on the phone :(.

There are a couple of days when it is neither too hot or too cold, make the most of them. :D