IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

Well you've got all the goalkeepers right J and seeing as you kicked up such up a fuss I'll let you share the Alvin Martin points with MikeO. Never knew that Trivia could get so brutal. rofl.gif

Anyways, Round 19 is here.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 19:

Name the 6 players that have made the most appearances for Chelsea FC.

1 - Frank Lampard; 545 appearances (correctly answered by pete0).

2 - John Terry; 528 appearances (correctly answered by pete0).

3 - Denis Wise; 445 appearances (correctly answered by Mogsy).

4 - Ron Harris; 795 appearances (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

5 - Peter Bonetti; 729 appearances (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

6 - John Hollins; 592 appearances (correctly answered by Dalziel Kane).

Edited by Zoo

pete - Lampard

pete - Terry

Mogsy - Wise

Marco - Harris

Marco - Bonetti

Kane - Hollins

I've been up to my head in college work which is why I've been unfortunatly been unable to keep up with this question. I actually had a lot more than I first thought - apolgies. Well done for getting them all though, I think I've matched eveyone up to the right answers that they gave. More questions will be up in the near future, hopefully tomorrow after the Wigan Warriors game I'll be able to post some responses.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my holidays so if anyone is still interested in this I'm posting the next question.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 20:

Name the 6 players that have scored hat-tricks in the Premier League where the first letter of their first name is the same as the first letter of their second name.

1 - Andrei Arshavin; Arsenal (correctly answered by c1982).

2 - Didier Drogba; Chelsea (correctly answered by c1982).

3 - Pavel Progbanyek; Fulham (correctly answered by c1982).

4 - Dion Dublin; Coventry City (correctly answered by c1982).

5 - Efan Ekoku; Norwich City (correctly answered by c1982).

6 - Afonso Alves; Middlesbrough (correctly answered by J).

Edited by Zoo

They are all correct, Arshavin got his hat-trick when he scored four goals against Liverpool and Progbanyek got his very recently (against Wolves I believe) with Drogba snatching a few hat-tricks in his long career at Chelsea.

3 more to find smile.png

Edit:

Dion Dublin is right too.

4 down 2 to go.

Edited by Zoo

I'm sure Efan Ekouku scored one against us or was it Marcus Gayle? (or neither!!!)

1 more...

He scored it against us too when he was playing for Norwich City back in 1993 (25th September) and they smacked our arses 5-1.

1 more...

He scored it against us too when he was playing for Norwich City back in 1993 (25th September) and they smacked our arses 5-1.

I actually thought he'd done it in his Wimbledon days but now you say it maybe it was the Norwich hattrick I remember - was it Gayle who scored a hattrick against us for Wimbledon?

Beleive it or not Alves (Alfonso?) ex Boro, scored some. Where the buggery is he now a days?

Of course - when they dicked city on the last day. Well done, don't think that would have ever have come to me - I was just about to guess Carlton Cole!

Beleive it or not Alves (Alfonso?) ex Boro, scored some. Where the buggery is he now a days?

Afonso Alves is the last player we are looking for, he scored his hat-trick on the 11th May 2008 for Middlesbrough when they thrashed Manchester City 8-1. Alves played for Boro for one season scoring 10 goals in 42 appearances before moving to Al Sadd (Qatar) for a season before moving again to Al Rayyan (Qatar) where he is currently playing.

What about van Nistlerooy? He did really well at PSV Eindhoven but I'm unsure how much you'd of had to pay to get him in your FIFA/PES team back in the day. I like you was quite interesting in the Dutch leagues because of the gems that you could find there, I remember taking a team called Ado Den Haag to the top of the league with some of the names you mentioned above on Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

I followed the dutch leagues for years, best scoring players could be bought cheap on Fifa and Pes.

Kuyt (pre Liverpool)

Suarez (pre liverpool)

Alves (amazing goal to game ratio)

Bradley (as a CM)

Berg

Huntelaar

ahhh...must admit the reason i know so many obscure players is cosof pes/fifa/footy manager..it's educational :D

You mean like Ji-Dong Wong on Fifa 11? He becomes class...he's at Sunderland atm.

Park Chu Young was quality too on the Pro Evolution games and I always had him in my Everton team, I was so proud when Wenger signed him because he'd been one of my 'gems' from the foreign leagues so it's such a shame that he's done so poorly in London. Javier Mascherano deserves a mention too, when he was a nobody I used to play him in my Everton side and he was amazing, really solid at the back and was just as good going forward, I nearly cried when I realised he'd been snapped up by the Reds across the road mind you.

Has anyone ever signed that John Smith btw on FIFA? He's like a running joke because he's always a Free Agent on the FIFA games and can be sold for around £3,000,000+ making him quite a good investment if you want easy money. I've never done it myself but I'm wondering if anyone has bought him (he's a goalkeeper by the way).

Has anyone ever signed that John Smith btw on FIFA? He's like a running joke because he's always a Free Agent on the FIFA games and can be sold for around £3,000,000+ making him quite a good investment if you want easy money. I've never done it myself but I'm wondering if anyone has bought him (he's a goalkeeper by the way).

Haha, i always buy him! he looks like Rene Higuita who did the Scorpian kick tongue.png Good for a few mil or so aswell.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 21:

Name the seven nations that have won the AFC Asian Cup:

1 - Japan; 4 times (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

2 - South Korea; 2 times (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

Edited by Zoo

japan and south korea i'm sure of..not sure if australia won it or just lost a final? beyond that it's guess work so will leave to someone else who knows smile.png

Japan have won it four times, more than any other nation taking part even though they only started their success recently winning their first title in 1992 when they hosted the tournement. and taking the crown in 2000, 2004 and 2011.

South Korea have won it twice in 1956 and 1960.

This thread is working for me now so the question is re-opened. With the whole cock up with the servers if the question dosen't get answered by midnight tonight I'll post a new question and we'll move on from there.

I was going to re-post the question so all of you knew which one it was but it's only about three posts up from this one. Get thinking!

Edited by Zoo