IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

I'm the quizmaster so I have some authority round here Grammar Police.gif .

I dont fancy your chances when he comes online however 67.gif

You have the authority of a cheap whore after receiving payment for a quick hand-job...

Here's my 'educated-list'...

Forlan

Messi

Ronaldo (goofy one)

Van Basten

Stoichkov

Remember (well it was on soccer am the other week) K.Phillips won it so it's not necessarily the elite players going to be on this - will help obviously!!!

I knew C.Ronaldo and remember McCoist now mentioned and could have guessed Eusabio eventually but the rest is going to be guess work from here on in...

Permission for lists?

and if forlan is right i'll be annoyed shaking fist.png

How funny this is. Well done c1982 you have one correct answer out of your list - Diego Forlan. Due to your intelligence and supreme guessing of 'Golden Boot Winners' I shall award you double points for that answer. ;)

The rest are wrong however; Goofy Ronaldo has one it once along with Kevin Phillips who you mentioned.

Paulo Rossi?

I'm afraid not Jona, but it's a good guess - have another!

You've got one right however C, the correct answer is Muller who won it in 1969 and 1971. As far as I know the Golden Shoe started in 1967 with Eusabio being the first ever winner so Dixie will not have picked it up. However if it had of been around in his day I'm sure he'd of had a whole wardrobe full of the little buggers.

Something tells me Zoo that he is not European, African? Weah?

Nope, not Weah.

Clues will become available if nobody has guessed the right answer(s) and it's getting late in the day (i.e. - 11pm). At the moment people still might be thinking of the right answer and may well still get them so its good to keep the quiz alive.

i'd bet there is another brazilian amongst them...i'd look towards the portugese leagues myself they tend to do well with stuff like this due to the shite standard of teams bar 2 or 3

Probably the reason why Ally McCoist won it twice.

I'll let Jona have that one, Mario Jardel is correct. He does indeed come from Brazil the same as Ronaldo and does indeed have the same first name as Mario Balotelli. He won the Shoe in 1998 and 2001 meaning that he is a correct answer.

Well done (to the two of you :P)

Scored loads in a poor league and stayed there for ages - thought you only answered ones you knew though?! May be right though...

Or you having that as a deflection as you were answering a question about the question?!!! (assists? Deflections? I'm confused too now!!!)

It's an informal quiz and he was on the right lines, you've already got your name all over this thread so someone elses name on one answer won't hurt ;) anyways, there are two more people that you need to find. Get on it you lot!

But I agree C, he was in a poor league which meant he was able to bash in the goals, never proved himself on the big stage.

I'm sure Toni or Vieri have won it but not sure which one and don't think either have won it twice!?!?

Toni won it back in 2006 with Fiorentina netting 31 goals - he has however only won it once.

Vieri (even though in his time was class) has never won the award.

I'll give you Cristiano Ronaldo seeing as you are technically the first one to have said him. 'Ronaldo' has already been said and he's won it once so I'm taking pete0's answer as wrong and awarding the points to you. Cristiano Ronaldo won it in 2008 and in 2011.

crying.gif Booh favouritism! ... (although I did mean the fat one anyway)

Fernando Morientes

Shevchenko

I'm afraid they are both wrong my friend.

I'll give out clues seeing as there is only 1 hour of this quiz left to go. One is from Romania and one is from Portugal, they both won the award before Ally McCoist did. Now, find those missing two!

What the fuck did Ally McCoist win a golden boat for, it wasn't for international recogntion that's for sure

I take it he got that award by scoring some goals against the likes of St Johnstone and Partick Thistle, hardly an achievement though is it, even Hibbert could play in the SPL for a season and be in double figures by the time honors are handed out damn it

The other players are maybe Georgi Hagi (Romania) and possibly Paolo Futre (Portugal) at Benfica or somewhere

Nobody has managed to find the missing answers (and I don't blame them). The missing answers were Fernando Gomes of Portugal and Dudu Georgescu from Romania, this question was a little challenging but it's better than having a really easy one - thanks to all of you that took part. I've just got home from college so the new question will be up soon! smile.png

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 9:

What are the top three 'best performances by a host' at the FIFA World Cup? (win percentage will determine how good a team did). Also, which three nations did the worst when they held their tournement?

1 - Uraguay; World Cup 1930 (correctly answered by Jona 32).

2 - France; World Cup 1998 (correctly answered by Jona 32).

3 - West Germany; World Cup 1974 (correctly answered by Jona 32).

1 - South Africa; World Cup 2010 (correctly answered by c1982).

2 - United States; World Cup 1994 (correctly answered by c1982).

3 - Spain; 1982 unanswered

Edited by Zoo