IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

I think one of them is Adebayor?

You think correctly - points to you.

Adebayor made four assists when Spurs beat Newcastle United 5-0 this season (two of them for Saha) before scoring a goal for himself and getting injured in the process. He had a really good game that night and looked un-beatable, good answer GR.

3 more to find.

Complete guess, Giggs? And for some reason Bergkamp sticks out.

Seeing as you mentioned him I'll give you the Bergkamp shout. Ryan Giggs does not have any records to do with assists in the Premier League although it's a good guess seeing as he has been playing for so many years now.

Denis Bergkamp scooped four assists when Arsenal played Leicester City in 1999 and won 5-0.

2 more to find.

Seeing as you mentioned him I'll give you the Bergkamp shout. Ryan Giggs does not have any records to do with assists in the Premier League although it's a good guess seeing as he has been playing for so many years now.

Denis Bergkamp scooped four assists when Arsenal played Leicester City in 1999 and won 5-0.

2 more to find.

Wiki says he's got the most Assists in the Premier league..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Giggs#Records

I just guessed because he's been playing for so long! tongue.png No idea with the other 2 tbh

thinkin about arsenal actually...didn't reyes do it too? when he was actually good for that brief spell?

I'm sure I remember Fabregas doing this a couple of seasons ago - sure I had him capt in my fantasy league team too!!!

Been at football so that's why I haven't been online to reply. You both have found the right answers so well done to the both of you.

In 2009 Cesc Fabregas got four assists when Arsenal beat Blackburn Rovers 6-2, Jose Antonio Reyes also managed to get four assists when Arsenal beat Middlesboro 6-2 in the same season meaning that all the players in the record books have some connection to Arsenal.

Well done for getting all the answers people, more questions will be coming soon.

reyes really should have been a better player than he was at arsenal i think

Reyes was at Arsenal from 2004-2007 and in 69 games only scored 16 goals. I know that he is a winger and scoring is not his main target but IMO he should have bagged more. For example take Drenthe, he is a winger and I think his average would probably work out better in the little time that he has been with us.

I, like you expected great things from José but he failed to deliever on the big stage.

He now plays his trade at Sevilla.

And correction, his four assists was not in the same season as Fabregas' he bagged his four in 2006.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 5:

Seven players have scored hat-tricks on the opening game of the season - name them;

1 - Quinn; Coventry City 3-0 Arsenal (correctly answered by c1982).

2 - Dublin; Coventry City 3-2 Chelsea (correctly answered by pete0).

3 - Campbell; Nottingham Forest 3-1 Coventry City (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

4 - Ravenelli; Middlesboro 3-3 Liverpool (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

5 - Le Tissier; Southampton 3-4 Nottingham Forest (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

6 - Agbonlahor; Aston Villa 4-2 Manchester City (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

7 - Drogba; Chelsea 6-0 West Brom (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

Edited by Zoo

i know 4 of them for certain...ravanelli cos it was against the shite...le tissier did it donkeys ago too...drogba and agbonlahor in recent times also...not a clue on the rest though

Well done Marco, Ravanelli is right. In 1996 Ravenelli scored a hat-trick against Liverpool to give Middlesboro a good opening day draw even though their campaign that year was far from successful and by 1997 Ravenelli had moved on.

All other answers are wrong I'm afraid, keep guessing.

As a clue seeing as its late three answers are hat-tricks scored before Ravenelli and three answers have been scored after Ravenelli. Good Luck!

Edited by Zoo

Klinnsman? Wright? Van Nistelrooy? Hasselbaink? Hirst?

I'm afraid all of those guesses are wrong c1982, guess again though there are many answers to be found. Likewise with Pete, even though you have come up with some cracking shouts they are all wrong.[/indent]

Edited by Zoo

I'm afraid all of those guesses are wrong c1982, guess again though there are many answers to be found. Likewise with Pete, even though you have come up with some cracking shouts they are all wrong.[/indent]

I always am rolleyes.gif, gonna guess 6 of my (not so) best then fly the white flag

Le Tissier

Dublin

Gudjohnsen

Forrsell

Kewell

Vassell

Well done!

Two of your answers are right;

Matt Le Tissier managed to get himself a hat-trick when Southampton played Nottingham Forest in 1995 even though the Saints lost the game 4-3 at home. The other correct answer was Dion Dublin who scored a hat-trick whilst playing his trade at Coventry City. The Sky Blues played Chelsea on the opening day of the 1997 season and won 3-2.

While your on a winning run keep guessing Pete ;)

Well done!

Two of your answers are right;

Matt Le Tissier managed to get himself a hat-trick when Southampton played Nottingham Forest in 1995 even though the Saints lost the game 4-3 at home. The other correct answer was Dion Dublin who scored a hat-trick whilst playing his trade at Coventry City. The Sky Blues played Chelsea on the opening day of the 1997 season and won 3-2.

While your on a winning run keep guessing Pete wink.png

Go on then

Phillips

Fowler (just been on the news he might be signing for B'pool)

Stewart

Beattie

Tony Hibbert?

CORRECT! rofl.gif

All of the answers so far are wrong I'm afraid, keep the shouts coming. Today's question will be posted shortly too meaning you'll have lots of quiz action for this Saturday folks, if the answers to yesterday's question start to dry up then I will post the answers some time tonight.

Well done Marco, Ravanelli is right. In 1996 Ravenelli scored a hat-trick against Liverpool to give Middlesboro a good opening day draw even though their campaign that year was far from successful and by 1997 Ravenelli had moved on.

All other answers are wrong I'm afraid, keep guessing.

As a clue seeing as its late three answers are hat-tricks scored before Ravenelli and three answers have been scored after Ravenelli. Good Luck!

how are all other answers wrong when i said le tissier..not much of a quiz master you boy! tongue.png

pete tryin to sneak in there and take the credit!! shaking%20fist.png

i was convinced on drogba an agbonlahor too..oh well back to the guessing board :D

Edited by marcopaulo