IGNORED

Swansea (Away)

THFC6061

Gibson - He wasn't a stand out player but he was so effective. He was responsible for a distinct lack of hoofing because he was always available for the ball from the defence, and I can't recall him giving the ball away, he was very ecomical with the ball.

Beginning to look a very important player for us. I don't think it's a coincidence that he hasn't been on a losing EFC side. May not be everyone's cup of tea but for the reasons above I think he is helping us tick, plus his shooting is incredible!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I was unable to see or follow the game but I'm surprised by the underwhelmed reactions of everyone on here.

To win at Swansea is a fantastic result. They're home record is impeccable - they've beaten City and Arsenal at home, off the top of my head and on MOTD I think they said we're only the 3rd team to go there and win this season.

I'd even rate this victory as more impressive than those over Chelsea, Spurs and (maybe) City at home, because Swansea away is just as difficult a game.

Honestly, when I saw the teamsheet without Heitinga tweeted, and then a corrected line up with Neville into midfield for Felli, I was furious. When the boat reached mobile service once more and I saw that we were 2-0 up and Wigan were beating the shite, I was convinced that my football scores app was broken, but what a free kick from Baines.

Credit to Moyes. If everyone else is going to bash him no end every time he gets something wrong, it's only fair if we give him as much credit when he gets it right, and, judging from the match reports, match of the day and the match stats, it looks as if he and the players got it spot on yesterday.

Hopefully we can carry this form through to Tuesday, hopefully we'll see Johnny back in the side (even though Jags apparently had a decent game), and hopefully the deluded Kopites will continue to believe that Dalglish is the man to take them forward, because as long as he is in charge of that club, we have ourselves a free league position each season.

COYB