IGNORED

Swansea (Away)

THFC6061

Swansea City v Everton

Everton have lost a bit of momentum since David Moyes picked a weakened team for the Merseyside derby on 13 March, although they deserved a point against Arsenal in midweek.

This is another big test for them. Swansea are everybody's darlings at the moment, and quite rightly so. They could not have played much better than they did in their win over Fulham last week, because every single department of the team was fantastic.

That Swans team which took Fulham apart cost only £7m, and every single one of their players had played lower division football in various countries, so it shows you what you can do with limited resources.

Everton will be competitive, but what I am wondering is whether Moyes will prioritise next week's FA Cup replay with Sunderland in the same way as when he went to Anfield before the first tie. He possibly will, which is why I am going for a Swansea win.

Prediction: Swansea City 2-0 Everton

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Swansea once, but it was the old Vetch Field arena in the 1990s, although The Liberty Stadium is a marked improvement and seems a very nice stadia. Was quite pleased for them getting back to the top flight again since 1983 last summer, and in Rogers have a very good manager, he reminds me of Lambert sometimes, but I'll say it now and wouldn't want him as a replacement to Moyes, I just feel there could be other areas we could explore, Yes he has done well in a short time but all the same not the man for me

I do feel we can get something out of this, won't be easy over there but I still think we have the capabilities to get something

Swans 0 Toffees 1

I went to Swansea once, but it was the old Vetch Field arena in the 1990s, although The Liberty Stadium is a marked improvement and seems a very nice stadia. Was quite pleased for them getting back to the top flight again since 1983 last summer, and in Rogers have a very good manager, he reminds me of Lambert sometimes, but I'll say it now and wouldn't want him as a replacement to Moyes, I just feel there could be other areas we could explore, Yes he has done well in a short time but all the same not the man for me

I do feel we can get something out of this, won't be easy over there but I still think we have the capabilities to get something

Swans 0 Toffees 1

That maybe, but he has shown you don't need money or superstars to play attractive attacking football, something Mr Moyes needs to take note of imo.

Going down with loads of Swansea ticket holders, most of them I know quite well, should be a good game, we won't win it though, we will be lucky enough to grind out a draw. Thank my lucky stars I got a ticket for the North stand on wed morning so will be sitting in with the rest of the Everton fans. Not taking any chances drinking near to the ground tomorrow, the Swans supporters can be funny feckers with other people other than their own.

Going down with loads of Swansea ticket holders, most of them I know quite well, should be a good game, we won't win it though, we will be lucky enough to grind out a draw. Thank my lucky stars I got a ticket for the North stand on wed morning so will be sitting in with the rest of the Everton fans. Not taking any chances drinking near to the ground tomorrow, the Swans supporters can be funny feckers with other people other than their own.

I received an email about this post, a Swansea fan took umbrage with it and decided to contact us (as opposed to posting for some reason).

The email said:

There is never any trouble near or around our stadium with away fans. Many fans from opposing teams drink outside the stadium as long as they behave themselves and don't look for trouble. This is not the old Vetch where you had the 80's style football hooliganism, this is 2012 where we have families coming to enjoy watching good football.

Please state this to him on the forum

Thanks,

Lee

Can see 0-0 written all over it. Our season hangs in the balance of these next two games. All joking apart if Moyes is gonna make changes isnt this the ideal game to play Barkley in? Not physical, high tempo passing team? oh wait i forgot Mcfaddens on £20,000 grand a week lets play him eh?

Not confidante about this one at all, they are defiantly punching well above their weight, and as proven they are a force to be reckoned with at home. Just totally gutted I had an offer of a ticket for tomorrow but can't make it :( I think it'll be 1-0 to the swans but would be more than happy with a draw!

Can see 0-0 written all over it. Our season hangs in the balance of these next two games. All joking apart if Moyes is gonna make changes isnt this the ideal game to play Barkley in? Not physical, high tempo passing team? oh wait i forgot Mcfaddens on £20,000 grand a week lets play him eh?

That amused me, although made me slightly sad at the same time, because I know what is more likely!

If we are going to make changes then at least make the right ones. If we think about who we want to keep fresh then IMO Felli, Osman, & Drenthe and Baines are the main ones. Baines will be difficult to replace, but Neville could probably do a job. Not sure if I am keen on that myself, but if we are going to rest players then at least do it properly. Having both Felli & and potentially Osman out of the middle will make life a little tricky but we have some young players chomping at the bit to show what they can do. We have options in midfield with Junior, Baxter, Cahill, Barkley and potentially Osman or Gibson. I would be tempted to have Junior as the defensive player with Osman starting alongside either Baxter or Barkley. Then come the 50-60 minute mark I would look to take off Osman for Gibson to get him some game time on his return to the team, or maybe even Cahill. It might not look that strong, but lets be honest, on paper Swansea's doesnt either. Up front I would keep Jelavic as he needs more games. but again I would try and keep him fresh by bringing Straq on around the hour mark. Therefore I would have:

Howard

Hibbert, Heits, Distin, Neville

Gueye, Osman, Junior, Baxter/Barkley, Pienaar

Jelavic

we have to go 4-4-2 on such a tight ground i think, id play jellytot and strach up front Gueye,drenthe on wings with Gibbo and ossie in the centre. play duffy centre back with Jags and Hibbo and Neville fullbacks. Fuck it lets go balls out!!!

Tell you what will happen tomorrow Trev, Grayham will come short pulling either Distin or Heits with him, Allen and Britten run through and play a one-two around the last man and in on goal! They will be good to watch but let us keep them playing in their own halve of the pitch if we can. Get felli in on Britten, as he is their Xavi, stop him and you stop their tempo. Make sure we press Ashley Williams so he don't slide a pass on to the midfield. But most of all keep our shape and don't get pulled out of position, we may play a patient game, I hope so...............COYBs[1].gif

we have to go 4-4-2 on such a tight ground i think, id play jellytot and strach up front Gueye,drenthe on wings with Gibbo and ossie in the centre. play duffy centre back with Jags and Hibbo and Neville fullbacks. Fuck it lets go balls out!!!

I think we look awful when we try and play 4-4-2 and it just tends to leave holes all over the place. If anything i think we should play more 4-3-3 with the wingers cutting in & supporting the strikers.

I really do not like the Welsh team's and believe they have no place in the English game but since Swansea have come up they have grown on Me and Rodgers is doing a great job with what He has. A very similar job to that of Holloway at the Lashers.

It will be a tough game and as per for Me it depends on what Moyes has in mind selection wise, I'm going for a Jelavic brace I think He will cause them problems and if given the right service I can see him netting a few.

2 - 3 win Jelavic x2 and Drenthe

I just hope Wigan pull off a miracle and beat the shite and We can close the gap!

Edited by EFC-Paul

What's the difference between a hoof and a pass? Jags does it under pressure ( hoof that is) Neville hoofs coz he can't pass full stop!

Lies, Jags passing is far worst. Jags has options and just whacks it(to Moyes delight). Neville plays the ball in his head, but sadly cant do it with his feet.

Edited by pete0

Lies, Jags passing is far worst. Jags has options and just whacks it(to Moyes delight). Neville plays the ball in his head, but sadly cant do it with his feet.

Jags is not worse than neville at passing, there hasnt been a player worse at passing in my lifetime of supporting everton than neville techinically no ability what so ever he always has the option of a short ball but consistantly lumps it down the right for someone to chase and hopefully win a throw or a corner also them fucking floated crosses from the wing when he does attempt a cross, thats not how football is played. im not dissing jags because when he was playing well he was one of our best players but johhny should be a certain to start and imo should be captain.

Howard

Coleman Johnny Distin Baines

Pienaar Fellaini Osman Drenthe

Barkley

Jelevic

I would love to see that but some might disagree, I dont like Osman starting dont think he's good enough but we really need a centermidfielder with flair and an eye for a pass in with fellaini osman is our best option for now and for me I would play barkley before straq on the basis of the football we play when he starts, barkley has only been seen in glimmers but at least he is composed and can pass a ball with a bit of creativity involved along the floor.

Fill in the blank

Heitinga on the bench. Moyes is a ______

chickenshit? edit: seconds thoughts, we need Johnny fit for Sunderland.... Who knows.

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Neville, Gibson, Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, Jelavic

Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Gueye, Fellaini, Anichebe.

Edited by Matt

chickenshit?

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Neville, Gibson, Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, Jelavic

I was thinking more on the lines of a predictable favourite picking Jagielka shagging inept twirp.. Maybe I should have made the blank longer

Edited by pete0