IGNORED

Problems with the site

Louis

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nikica

The football trivia thread was a killer for me. I am too scared to try posting in that thread again after this maintenance work in case it kills the site for me yet again. I wanted to answer the question about African Nations Cup (I was gonna say Egypt won three in a row from 2006-2010), but every time I tried to submit a reply it destroyed the site.

Thanks for trying to carry out some maintenance anyway Louis. I am sure we all realise it must be a pain in the you-know-whats.

Edited by Nikica

What's with the inability of reading members posts from the outside now as before, anyone not registered simply is unable to view anything on TT. unsure.png

I'm all for forums and sites allowing others to get involved by way of looking at discussions, but it seems a fair few now are resorting to a 'members only' access route, would be a sad day maybe if we took that path.. Could well be stating the obvious maybe, but didn't the site have a virus or something, how are we getting on, got rid of the gremlins yet, or still some work to be undertaken? (I'm a bit tired and late in the day in my defense, I understand the new access thing is probably a safeguard against future upsets, I'm not all up on these virus things and prevention methods) unsure.png

I agree with that, I WANT people to see what the site has to offer, but we've been inundated with Chinese search engine bots and it's taking it's toll on the site and in theory is one of the reasons why it's preventing the site from functioning properly.

I thought it was an Admin measure actually, but all said think it would be best if the site was open to all, members and casual viewers with it, I hope we can rectify the situation soon and go back to before. And the problem for the troubles is 'Chinese search engine bots' ? , I'm not all up on modern technologies sometimes, but how did these bots get on here in the first place, and how do we get rid of 'em, I'm aware most sites have these technician bot things but thought only appear if they've been invited, these seem to have made an invasion etc.

Bottom line is, do hope we can get back to normality very soon. unsure.png

Guest Nikica

The Chinese are taking over the world.

Yeah though, it's obviously better if the site is open to outsiders (I read a few threads to make sure it was a decent place before registering), but needs must. Hopefully the problems can be sorted.

Guest Nikica

The trivia thread has killed the site for me again.

I know the answer to the question in light of Rubecula's clue (it isn't who I thought it was originally), but I won't post it in this thread so as not to spoil it for anyone else.

When I tried to post the answer, the site died on me again.

interesting..... going to the Phil Neville - England Assistant from the Recent Topics link on the right of the homepage took me there with no issues. Going from the New Content freezes the site.

If they keep plugging the traffic thing as the excuse they 1/ have no idea about IT and 2/ must have really shitty servers if they cant cope with what we get.

Couldn't log on for days (to be fair I was busy anyway) and now I can't post in my own thread (styles of football).

cant post in there either, tried a few times but got fed up of writing the same paragraph over and over....

Guest Nikica

cant post in there either, tried a few times but got fed up of writing the same paragraph over and over....

I've started using ctrl and C on the keyboard to save what i say in case the site times out lol.

Edited by Nikica

I've started using ctrl and C on the keyboard to save what i say in case the site times out lol.

ive had a word document open with the titles and then what i wanted to post. Gave up earlier this evening and deleted it

Guest Nikica

ive had a word document open with the titles and then what i wanted to post. Gave up earlier this evening and deleted it

Aye, I do that as well. Saves time later.