IGNORED

Next Season's Manager

Next Seasons Manager  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see in charge for next season?

• David Moyes
    • Brendon Rogers
    • Paul Lambert
    • Slaven Bilic
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Davie Weir
    • Phil Neville
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Gus Poyet
    • AVB
    • Other

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me why neville is in this vote. I think I would seriously consider not watching football ever again if he ever become manager everton.

I hate certain aspects of moyes game but he's the best man for the job, were in an awfull state in terms of money and players etc..theres nobody better than him that we would bring in should moyes do leave us, we would end up with someone like peter reid - good player but really our best players would leave and we would drop down the table rapidly.

Edited by Blue4Ever

please tell me why neville is in this vote, I think I would seriously consider not watching football again if he ever become manager everton.

dont get me wrong I hate certain things about moyes but he's the best man for the job, were in an awfull state in terms of money and players etc..theres nobody better than him that we would bring in should moyes do go.

I actually think Neville will be a manager one day and i think he will be a bloody good one as well, there is something about him.(not ready for the EFC job though, although i can see it one day)

Also, can i just ask, How do you know for a fact that there is nobody better than him we could bring in? please tell me.

Edited by theprisoner

Because we dont have the money to pay compensation for a better manager than him whos in a job not only that surely we would have to pay moyes a few million to end his contract we really dont have any money and with a chairman who backs moyes 100% its not going to happen is it, I take it your a lambert/rodgers fan get over them now they might play a bit of football but look at benfica, lisbon etc its not the manager its the players best suited styles of play we dont pass it like other teams thats the negative on moyes but we would crumble if moyes left next week and players like fellaini heitenga are going to be looking elsewhere its more than just moyes its the big picture give us 2 years after moyes left and we will be back in the 90s again poor league positions.

Because we dont have the money to pay compensation for a better manager than him whos in a job not only that surely we would have to pay moyes a few million to end his contract we really dont have any money and with a chairman who backs moyes 100% its not going to happen is it, I take it your a lambert/rodgers fan get over them now they might play a bit of football but look at benfica, lisbon etc its not the manager its the players best suited styles of play we dont pass it like other teams thats the negative on moyes but we would crumble if moyes left next week and players like fellaini heitenga are going to be looking elsewhere its more than just moyes its the big picture give us 2 years after moyes left and we will be back in the 90s again poor league positions.

No, essentially i think that Moyes probably should stay for now(it's not my prefered option) but he has to adapt his mentality a bit, some of the dross we have seen this season at times is just not good enough for a club like ours, but he needs to move with the times a bit otherwise United won't touch him with a bargepole(probably what he's holding on for) so if for that reason only.

Moyes will be out of contract, AVB is out of contract and Bilic wouldnt be expensive as he would want to come. Heitinga would be given more freedom to play his natural game, no more hoof ball from the back :). Also Fellaini wouldnt be wasted all over the park. Moyes would be a better manager if he reduced the orders and just played football.

No, essentially i think that Moyes probably should stay for now(it's not my prefered option) but he has to adapt his mentality a bit, some of the dross we have seen this season at times is just not good enough for a club like ours, but he needs to move with the times a bit otherwise United won't touch him with a bargepole(probably what he's holding on for) so if for that reason only.

He's had 3 seasons to adapt, but he's a stubborn old fart.

I am shaking my head at this thread so much my head might fall off. Has David Moyes initiated a clause in his new contract enabling him to talk to other clubs? No. Does it look like he is going to jail in the near future? No. Are we about to get relegated? No. Has he reached the F.A Cup semi final? Yes. Will we finish 8th or higher? Yes. Do I want him to leave? ''The hell I do!'' However, IF Moyes does decide to quit, then I want Mark Hughes as manager. 67.gif By the way I voted for Moyes, as if people did not know.

Edited by jona 32

I am shaking my head at this thread so much my head might fall off. Has David Moyes initiated a clause in his new contract enabling him to talk to other clubs? No. Does it look like he is going to jail in the near future? No. Are we about to get relegated? No. Has he reached the F.A Cup semi final? Yes. Will we finish 8th or higher? Yes. Do I want him to leave? ''The hell I do!'' However, IF Moyes does decide to quit, then I want Mark Hughes as manager. 67.gif By the way I voted for Moyes, as if people did not know.

Is that your way of scaring people to vote Moyes or sarcasm?

Why? I criticise Moyes when he gets thing wrong and applaud him when he gets decisions right, and yeah mate it was sarcasm, but I was not joking about Mark Hughes though!

I was asking wether you were naming Mark Hughes as an alternative so people would see we don't have it too bad with Moyes. I don't know many Evertonian's who are a fan of Mark Hughes after the comments after the B'burn game so thought you were being sarcastic.

I was asking wether you were naming Mark Hughes as an alternative so people would see we don't have it too bad with Moyes. I don't know many Evertonian's who are a fan of Mark Hughes after the comments after the B'burn game so thought you were being sarcastic.

Didn't see that one Pete, just think he is in the Moyes kind of frame that's all. Solid, reliable etc... By the way what did he say? Was he being a knob about us?

Moyes is a great manager, but I think it's time we parted company. I just don't think we'll ever do any better (considering how teams like Spurs and Newcastle have emerged as potential champions league contenders) than manage to just scrape a Europa League place every so often under Moyes nowadays. We are a big club that should be competing for the top 6 every season, and I've just got a feeling that Moyes is willing to just accept mediocrity, and be content with a top half finish every year. We need an ambitious manager, but most of all we need someone who can work wonders with a tight budget. Something Adkins did as manager of my home town team (Scunthorpe), and we were playing good football under him as well.

The whole issue is stability, that's the key thing with Moyes, we aren't going to win anything but will be safe from any relegation threat when the end of season awards are handed out, even if there are one or two flirts with danger along the way, it's the way it's always been for the most part and I can't see any change so long as Moyes is manager, said it before, the much needed Investment is crucial if we really want to be up there, but if we had Kaka, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic etc, Moyes still maybe wouldn't utilize them efficiently or concentrate on dour defensive soccer and safety first policy. The man simply can't handle or live with the big occasions either and we lose out or suffer as a consequence.

I would never want Hughes here either, got nothing to do with his United ties, but manager of Everton?, I don't think that would ever work, I don't think such a thing will ever see the light of day to be honest.

We either have safe soccer every season, a decent finish every now and again but no realistic chance of a trophy with Moyes, or perhaps let someone else have a go and see where it takes us, a manager who goes with an attacking emphasis, not afraid to go out and win and get your ass kicked trying, who plays with an attacking intent etc, McDermott and Adkins have done very well this season, Reading back in the EPL and here, Saints an almost certainty to join them now. If Either one of them, if they were to leave their posts in the summer, would be interesting to see for sure how they would fare at Goodison given the opportunity, but the issue seems irrelevant as I don't feel, with the tasks completed they would leave their respective clubs going into the top flight for an opportunity at another EPL side, and furthermore I don't feel Moyes will be going anywhere anytime soon.

We need a manager with ambition and drive, not a dour defensive fuckbore who's happy with a top half finish and safety first policies.

Didn't see that one Pete, just think he is in the Moyes kind of frame that's all. Solid, reliable etc... By the way what did he say? Was he being a knob about us?

Surprised you would like to see another Moyes type. I'd like to see someone less risk adverse.

Can't remember exactly, but he was very bitter and wouldnt give any credit to Everton. Think it was along the line of we dominated a game should have had a pen, and he focused on them missing a sitter and going on like they should have won even though that was their only chance of the game

Edit: think it was this game

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/blackburn-rovers-0-everton-0-moyes-calls-for-more-clarity-in-offside-law-777739.html

I was wrong about a pen it was an Andy Johnson offside goal. I remember the keeper had come a long way but there was still 2 players he had to go past so wasn't offside.

Edited by pete0

i'd stick with moyes and get shut of round...get an attackin minded no.2 in...cos moyes needs someone to challenge his negativity...beyond that i think moyes should go..stability is all well and good but the semi final proved enough to me that we aren't going to win anythin under moyes..the worse thing we did in that game was score and when that is a situation at a football club it isn't good

i'd stick with moyes and get shut of round...get an attackin minded no.2 in...cos moyes needs someone to challenge his negativity...beyond that i think moyes should go..stability is all well and good but the semi final proved enough to me that we aren't going to win anythin under moyes..the worse thing we did in that game was score and when that is a situation at a football club it isn't good

Thats the thing, im not actually bothered we lost the semi-final, and im not bothered that we lost it too our closest rivals either, what bothered me was the manner of the defeat, to go and play on a stage like that and perform the way we did was nothing short of embarrassing and the club should have refunded money to people who bought tickets to watch that crap, like you said it showed most of us why we will never win under Moyes no mtter how stable he keeps us.

Moyes would be my prime choice because I think he's done enough this year to warrant at least another year in charge here. If he was to go however I'd like to see the likes of Slaven Bilic or Villas-Boas brought in to manage us, I'd be rather happy with that.

My father has always said he'd like Sam Allerdyce to take over from Moyes but I'm not too sure.

im giving Moyes 1 more season. This year he has really tested my paitence but hes also proven us all wrong on a few occasions. Assuming he goes, went with Holloway.

I always root for Blackpool and Holloway as a neutral, and enjoy his exciting attacking teams (And his willingness to say anything), but I'm not sure I'd want him at EFC. His teams can't defend, but to be fair, Blackpool's defenders were not anywhere near the quality of Baines, Jags, Heitinga, Distin or maybe even Neville and HIbbert.

I'm torn on this as I'd like to see Moyes stay but be more adventures and tactically positive but I just know that would not happen...sadly

I will base My opinion on that He is going and who should fill his boots, I would have to go with Bilic I've always been a fan of his.

He knows the club and what it stands for and pushes for good attacking football "possibly the right man for Spurs if Arry leaves" a good manager and a good bloke who could inject a new lease of life into the squad and possibly attract new blood?

He would be My choice although unproven in this league I think He would be a hit and a success, also seem's that He's nearing the end with Croatia and does want to get back into club management.

I always root for Blackpool and Holloway as a neutral, and enjoy his exciting attacking teams (And his willingness to say anything), but I'm not sure I'd want him at EFC. His teams can't defend, but to be fair, Blackpool's defenders were not anywhere near the quality of Baines, Jags, Heitinga, Distin or maybe even Neville and HIbbert.

This is my point. Blackpool scored as many as Spurs did (who finished 5th i think) but conceded the most. Imagine that attacking mentality with our defensive capabilities!

I'm really tired but just think Holloway simply isn't appropriate as a candidate here, he has done a wonder at Blackpool, miracles up there even, and they could even be back in the EPL this summer, man takes all the accolades going but I think he's unsuitable as a Moyes replacement, just doesn't fit in I feel right now. No to Allardyce also, he's doing a great job in East London, leave him be. Said it before the only championship names that interest me would be someone like McDermott and Adkins, Yes it helps that their teams are top two material right now, but they know how to motivate and get results, something Moyes falls on his ass on, more often than not. In an ideal world, and I know it's fantasy and all, but Mourinho at Goodison, the man is a character and proven winner, he just has that midas touch and charm etc, I know it's realms of fantasy now but if I could choose any name, he would probably be it.