IGNORED

Next Season's Manager

Next Seasons Manager  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see in charge for next season?

• David Moyes
    • Brendon Rogers
    • Paul Lambert
    • Slaven Bilic
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Davie Weir
    • Phil Neville
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Gus Poyet
    • AVB
    • Other

Who voted nigel adkins ahaha

You laugh but he's bringing Southampton up and should they be mid-table and playing decentish football, which I imagine they will, then the 'flavour of the month crew' will be calling for him to be our next manager come next season!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Adkins initially, as did someone else so says the poll.

They could have got a promotion today, but the nerves played havoc and the opposition got a result, will go down to the last weekend maybe but this will be a massive time for their manager now, he's done a bit of a Moyes even, as when the going got tough and a realistic chance of glory was to be had, they were unable to see it through, but there's still time for a promotion and Adkins party, it's in their own hands now. unsure.png

You can bet your bottom dollar, if they don't fuck up again this season and Adkins goes into the new season as manager of a premier league outfit there will be an increase of interest from those looking for a Moyes replacement, we will know more in a week or two. Still would seriously consider McDermott though, Reading have done some amazing things the last few years, McDermott orchestrated that, and knows how to win at Anfield too I remember, - Moyes take note.

You laugh but he's bringing Southampton up and should they be mid-table and playing decentish football, which I imagine they will, then the 'flavour of the month crew' will be calling for him to be our next manager come next season!

Great record at Scunthorpe, considering they kept selling his best players. Wouldnt be surprised if he was favourite to come if Moyes did leave.

Guest blueboy122

O yes no question he has done a great job.. hats off. But we will see how good a manager he is next year.

Guest blueboy122

Shocked at that, I'd be livid if any of them 1st 3 got the job. Some awful managers on that list you'd make a fortune laying off most of them; Shearer and Ince rofl.gif .

I would stop supporting everton if Ince was in charge haha

neville has gone to the favourite now..4/1...i always thought he would be in the future but not this soon...o'neill and hughes won't come they need money to be good...round is just too much of a dullard...coyle, allardyce and mcleish are shit...you'd be looking at an up and comer like lambert, rodgers or atkins

Im yet to be convinced by Adkins at Southampton. He is reliant on one player at the moment and should Lambert be sold or get injured it would be interested to see how they get on. They do play some nice football at times, but teams in the Championship give them the time & space to play. The games in which they drop points, they get pressured, make mistakes and their defence really arent that good, but so few times decide to attack them.

There are plenty of managers with something to prove out there at the moment. The question is whether you would want to risk something different or stick with what we know we will get (mostly crap footy but some really good perfermances come Feb, occasional cup run but never really threatening winning it, general safety from relegation although that is becoming more of a threat each season IMO.)

Im yet to be convinced by Adkins at Southampton. He is reliant on one player at the moment and should Lambert be sold or get injured it would be interested to see how they get on. They do play some nice football at times, but teams in the Championship give them the time & space to play. The games in which they drop points, they get pressured, make mistakes and their defence really arent that good, but so few times decide to attack them.

There are plenty of managers with something to prove out there at the moment. The question is whether you would want to risk something different or stick with what we know we will get (mostly crap footy but some really good perfermances come Feb, occasional cup run but never really threatening winning it, general safety from relegation although that is becoming more of a threat each season IMO.)

The bulk of his team was built by Pardew anyway, it was he who signed Lambert.

Lambert is one hell of a striker, real class player, he's a damn soccer Icon in these parts, Liverpool born too but no Mersey club ever snapped him up.

The man shits goals sometimes, and surprised he hasn't been mentioned much around here. Of course Jelavic has proven to be a very good player and regular scorer and I wouldn't swap him, but even so Lambert is some center forward, if the worst happens and Saints miss out on a promotion this year he could well be off in the close season. One to keep tabs on for sure.

The bulk of his team was built by Pardew anyway, it was he who signed Lambert.

Very true.

Lambert is one hell of a striker, real class player, he's a damn soccer Icon in these parts, Liverpool born too but no Mersey club ever snapped him up.

The man shits goals sometimes, and surprised he hasn't been mentioned much around here. Of course Jelavic has proven to be a very good player and regular scorer and I wouldn't swap him, but even so Lambert is some center forward, if the worst happens and Saints miss out on a promotion this year he could well be off in the close season. One to keep tabs on for sure.

I dont think he is ever going to make it properly (10+ a season) in the Premier League. Championship managers & defenders just arent smart enough to deal with him at times and he makes the most of it. He certainly knows where the back of the net is, but its a different ball game in the Prem, and while I may be wrong, I dont see him making the step up.

I am really beginning think its only a matter of time before Moyes goes, it seems that every statement in the press by him or anyone in the club seems to be about making funds avalible in the summer, which we know ain't Gunna happen, so I think he's just waiting for the right opportunity to turn up. To replace him? I'd like to see an attacking minded manager, just to see what we are capable of, maybe Rogers.

I am really beginning think its only a matter of time before Moyes goes, it seems that every statement in the press by him or anyone in the club seems to be about making funds avalible in the summer, which we know ain't Gunna happen, so I think he's just waiting for the right opportunity to turn up. To replace him? I'd like to see an attacking minded manager, just to see what we are capable of, maybe Rogers.

Im not sure, all ive heard was that there is a chance Baines and Fellaini would be leaving, i think Romey mentioned he had heard the Baines thing as well, so could it be that DM is try to plead to Kenwright to give him all funds from the (possible) transfers, as they are the 2 most important players and difficult to replace? Or is he saying if they don't then it becomes very difficult and he will have to look elsewhere? which goes in with the comments Alan Stubbs made the other day about him being at a crossroads. I don't see him going to Spurs tbh but at the same time, im not sure how much longer he will be with us. At the end of the day it will all come down to Blue Bill and his merrymen. Edited by theprisoner

neville has gone to the favourite now..4/1...i always thought he would be in the future but not this soon...o'neill and hughes won't come they need money to be good...round is just too much of a dullard...coyle, allardyce and mcleish are shit...you'd be looking at an up and comer like lambert, rodgers or atkins

they will lose a supporter if that ever happens. joke of a player and its not like he's got a footballing brain to get them playing football ive played better football with a sunday league team than he has for the last how many years Ive had to put up with his negative rugby passes and his backing off wingers cant wait till he retires and leaves us but thats my opinion on him some might not be as harsh.

Edited by Blue4Ever

they will lose a supporter if that ever happens. joke of a player and its not like he's got a footballing brain to get them playing football ive played better football with a sunday league team than he has for the last how many years Ive had to put up with his negative rugby passes and his backing off wingers cant wait till he retires and leaves us but thats my opinion on him some might not be as harsh.

Spent half his life under Ferguson, I wouldnt right him off as a manager should start from the lower leagues though and get some experience. He'd make a great coach (not for corners/crossing practice though, unless the kids need a laugh).

Guest blueboy122

Joke of a player? Really...

No you haven't, total BS

Im not sure, all ive heard was that there is a chance Baines and Fellaini would be leaving, i think Romey mentioned he had heard the Baines thing as well, so could it be that DM is try to plead to Kenwright to give him all funds from the (possible) transfers, as they are the 2 most important players and difficult to replace? Or is he saying if they don't then it becomes very difficult and he will have to look elsewhere? which goes in with the comments Alan Stubbs made the other day about him being at a crossroads. I don't see him going to Spurs tbh but at the same time, im not sure how much longer he will be with us. At the end of the day it will all come down to Blue Bill and his merrymen.

It will be interesting to see if SAF stays next season if Man Utd win the league. Cause if they do then Man city are gonna spend even more crazy bucks in the summer to win the league, and I wouldn't mind betting in the back of SAF's head he's thinking that as well! And he won't want to retire with City being the top team in Manchester. Having said that would they then go for Moyes?

Hahaha

that is all

Different situation - yes, different circumstances - yes... but I look at Villa now and think how 'stable' they were under O'Neill. I really do fear that happening to us post-Moyes. Say what you want about negative and boring football but ultimately football is a results based game and there's no doubt that Moyes and O'Neill are alike in the fact that they get results.

Different situation - yes, different circumstances - yes... but I look at Villa now and think how 'stable' they were under O'Neill. I really do fear that happening to us post-Moyes. Say what you want about negative and boring football but ultimately football is a results based game and there's no doubt that Moyes and O'Neill are alike in the fact that they get results.

O'Neill is awful, the bubble was always gonna burst at Villa he jumped ship before he got the blame. Losing Milner, Barry, Downing, and Young hasn't helped either.

O'Neill is awful, the bubble was always gonna burst at Villa he jumped ship before he got the blame. Losing Milner, Barry, Downing, and Young hasn't helped either.

O'Neill isn't awful, proven at Leicester, Villa and now Sunderland (they were in the shit before he came) in the Prem. Yeah they've lost players but that's what happens with lack of stability at a club... next subject Randy Lerner...

O'Neill isn't awful, proven at Leicester, Villa and now Sunderland (they were in the shit before he came) in the Prem. Yeah they've lost players but that's what happens with lack of stability at a club... next subject Randy Lerner...

Randy Lerner backed him for £40 mil, he let Gary Cahill go and brought in £8 million Curtis Davies. Played awful football that relied solely on pace on the counter. The Bruce sacking was a rash decision, Sunderland had a lot of new players and let Gyan their best player go out on loan. They played better football last season as well.

Randy Lerner backed him for £40 mil, he let Gary Cahill go and brought in £8 million Curtis Davies. Played awful football that relied solely on pace on the counter. The Bruce sacking was a rash decision, Sunderland had a lot of new players and let Gyan their best player go out on loan. They played better football last season as well.

Didn't say he spent money well and it was more like £100m - he's still a good manager e.g getting results.

I was thinking just now I'd take O Neill over Moyes this close season if there was such an opportunity, for all and any reasons previously stated. The man knows how to win, took an average Leicester side to a few honors and Cup Finals, knows how to motivate and get results. I've been banging my head against the proverbial wall more times than I can remember the last few years with Moyes, as have some others, doubtless.

I don't really feel I need to elaborate on this.