IGNORED

Stoke

Finn balor

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerome seems to be causing us a few problems which is a worry!

Stream keeps stopping at the same point everytime on their goal, all I see is Jags misjudge it at the start and then get twisted out of it at the end, Heits looks like he is going to clear up and then suddenly he is behind it?!

Wouldnt hurt to get a couple of subs on IMO, we might as well be bold and go for it.

Stracqualursi is going to come on for us now and according the the commentators on my stream Gueye seems to have picked up a knock. From what I saw of their goal Jerome was very lucky with his final finish, it was straight at Howard (due to the pressure from Jagielka and Heitinga) and the ball looped over Tim because it took a nasty deflection from the sliding Jags.

Confirmed too; Gueye off Stracq on.

Am I the only one who thinks we've been the better team for about 50 of the 75 minutes played so far?

Only seen the second half and its looked pretty even. Both teams threatening without much end product.

maybe they're tired...perhaps missing gibson in midfield? they don't seem to look steady

Certainly wouldnt help having Cahill there alongside Felli. Surprised it isnt Osman myself.

Surprised Gueye has come off. That wont do his confidence any good! Presumably he isnt injured.

EDIT - Just seen Zoo's post and it is a knock, although I have a French commentator so couldnt understand! lol

Edited by Bailey

We are starting to boss the game a bit better now.

Time is running out though, we need to find an end product before the referee blows the final whistle. It's the 84th minute now and if Stoke put 11 men behind the ball then we haven't got much time to secure the three points. I'm a little dissapointed with a draw, but one point away from home against Stoke City isn't too bad, it's better than being beaten.

never understood moyes' idea of making subs in the 88th minute when we wanna try and win

Osman > McFadden.

Good substitution IMO given the situation - I really hope we can get something from this. We have looked like the better side overall and it would be a good testement to our efforts.

4 minutes added on by the referee.

Not again! Why is McFadden on ahead of Barkley at this stage of the season against a team like Stoke? I just dont get it. Nothing against McFadden but why not give the lad some meaningful time on the pitch.

Because in times like these we need someone that has had experiance in the Premier League. If we were 3-0 up then fine give Barkley a go but we need someone with experiance when we are at 1-1 with a few minutes left to play, Ross came on for us against Fulham and IMO he didn't do much.

Because in times like these we need someone that has had experiance in the Premier League. If we were 3-0 up then fine give Barkley a go but we need someone with experiance when we are at 1-1 with a few minutes left to play, Ross came on for us against Fulham and IMO he didn't do much.

I would be very surprised if McFadden ends up 'creating/scoring' us this winner, with his 'experience' especially since he has given the ball away each time he has had it so far!

If this was the cup final I might agree with you, but it isnt, its a fairly dead end of season game, with an end of season feel. Get him on, let him learn and if he does something its a bonus, if he doesnt then no harm is done. What have we gained by bringing Mcfadden on?

Fulham was a dead game when he came on, It was played at a snails pace and was no more than a training game at that stage and he still did as well as anyone else on the pitch at that time. Ross would have learned sweet FA in that game. Young players need minutes on the pitch and to be tested.

Edited by Bailey