IGNORED

Mohamed Diamé

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/05/premiership/has-david-moyes-spied-a-bargain-or-is-this-just-leftovers?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

Free so possible, good player but we are already packed in the midfield. Last time I watched a Wigan game he was one of the stand out players, reminded me a bit of Song. We don't need him, can see Arsenal taking him as a back-up player.

If we signed him I'd be very worried that Fellaini was on his way out.

I think he probably is though, apparently he has some clause that when a top 4 or Champions League club (in europe) approach, he is free to talk, that was part of the conditions of him staying at Everton.

I think he probably is though, apparently he has some clause that when a top 4 or Champions League club (in europe) approach, he is free to talk, that was part of the conditions of him staying at Everton.

that sounds like bull shit...no such clause is needed..if the offer is enough he can talk to whoever...if it is too low he can't talk to them anyways just because it is a top 4 club...

that sounds like bull shit...no such clause is needed..if the offer is enough he can talk to whoever...if it is too low he can't talk to them anyways just because it is a top 4 club...

thats come from what in the past has been a reliable source of mine, so i will go with it for now, in any case, you only had to hear his comments after the game the other week about how "there is only a few games left for me" it does not bode well.

Although in fairness the only player at the club who's name has been mentioned about actually maybe wanting to leave is Baines (i believe Romey has heard this also so you can check with him) but i was made aware of this a good while ago now :(

oh i think he will leave i just can't see a clause like that in the contract...it's an absolutely pointless clause...sure he didn't mean a fee release?

why would'nt he have a clause like that though, he wants to play in the champions league, and he ain't going to do that with us anytime soon, so a clause gives him the chance should the situation arise without any barriers in the way. I know what your saying because it's not like if an offer came in we are in a position to turn it down.

still can't see how a barrier would be there? i mean...the offer has to be good enough for him to be allowed to speak to the club in the first place and if it isn't the contract can't force us to accept a certain amount...if it does then it's a release fee clause

still can't see how a barrier would be there? i mean...the offer has to be good enough for him to be allowed to speak to the club in the first place and if it isn't the contract can't force us to accept a certain amount...if it does then it's a release fee clause

Well the club won't want to sell him, so the clause allows him to talk to say a top 4 club if they come in for him, soon as he starts speaking to someone lets face it thats him gone anyway, it would just be a case of negotiating a fee, you could be correct, maybe that odd figure of £22m which was being thrown round at the weekend IS a release fee, if so then thats scary as he is worth a lot more than that. Edited by theprisoner

back on topic boys, how do you rate this guy? Ive avoided watching Wigan because theyre so dull, the highlights video Ten put up isnt exactly awe-inspiring.... Would he bring anything to Everton?

I have to be honest and say im not hugely impressed by that video, and the fact we have Rodwell to come back in that position(if he stays) and Junior to come through, although it's a free transfer i think it maybe wasted wages imo.

I've liked him when I've seen him play. Strong, fast and technical ability as well. Plus, he can hit a long diagonal which can be an asset in front of the defense.

I just feel we don't need anymore defensive type players, we have to be looking at some more attacking/flair type players

back on topic boys, how do you rate this guy? Ive avoided watching Wigan because theyre so dull, the highlights video Ten put up isnt exactly awe-inspiring.... Would he bring anything to Everton?

no he would be like half the other names in the rumour thread who wouldnt improve us whatsoever we are meant to be trying to push higher up the league if moyes wants to keep fellaini baines heitenga then go in for some decent proven players in europe there not always millions and millions i just dont think we have the scouting knowledge abroad it seeems. fed up of poor championship and lower premierleague players being linked with us for a club as known as us some of the players we are supposidly going in for are making the club look like a bolton/sunderland - these are poor clubs with half as much history as ours but we still seem to go in for the same sort of players.

no he would be like half the other names in the rumour thread who wouldnt improve us whatsoever we are meant to be trying to push higher up the league if moyes wants to keep fellaini baines heitenga then go in for some decent proven players in europe there not always millions and millions i just dont think we have the scouting knowledge abroad it seeems. fed up of poor championship and lower premierleague players being linked with us for a club as known as us some of the players we are supposidly going in for are making the club look like a bolton/sunderland - these are poor clubs with half as much history as ours but we still seem to go in for the same sort of players.

I get what your saying Blue, ive said plenty in the past about how our scouting network seems very limited, just look at Newcastle and the players they have brought in this season, and that was all down to the same scout.

I agree in that our priorities should be wingers and a striker. But I wouldn't mind Diamé here. He can play box to box or an advanced midfield role as well. Certainly we shouldn't pass up on him because of Junior.

Even if Fellaini does go, we would still have Gibson,Nev,Rodwell,Osman,Cahill,Barkley and Junior coming through, 4 of those can play the DM postion, do we really need a 5th?

Only put it up because it was the most recent...not a Joaquime video of when he was actually half decent...

Only put it up because it was the most recent...not a Joaquime video of when he was actually half decent...

wasnt criticizing your efforts mate :)

And, if thats the most recent (which only shows him against Wolves, Fulham and Bolton - hardly the most difficult teams to shine against, especially in a team like Wigan) then im really not going to get excited.

Even if Fellaini does go, we would still have Gibson,Nev,Rodwell,Osman,Cahill,Barkley and Junior coming through, 4 of those can play the DM postion, do we really need a 5th?

I agree we could probably do without an immediate replacement for Fellaini. Just move Barkley up in the pecking order. Although I don't think we have that much options in the middle. I wouldn't count on Junior as he hasn't even made the bench of the first team this season, has he? Neville has been doing well of late, but for the most part of the last couple of seasons the Match Day threads have been filled with "I don't want to see Neville in midfield ever again"-posts. Nev should play at right back (where he nearly always plays well for me, especially in games against the bigger teams) or back up left back. That leaves us with Gibson, Rodwell, Osman, Cahill and Barkley. Osman will probably be needed out wide and Rodwell is injured constantly. So that would leave us with Gibson, Cahill and Barkley.

I agree we could probably do without an immediate replacement for Fellaini. Just move Barkley up in the pecking order. Although I don't think we have that much options in the middle. I wouldn't count on Junior as he hasn't even made the bench of the first team this season, has he? Neville has been doing well of late, but for the most part of the last couple of seasons the Match Day threads have been filled with "I don't want to see Neville in midfield ever again"-posts. Nev should play at right back (where he nearly always plays well for me, especially in games against the bigger teams) or back up left back. That leaves us with Gibson, Rodwell, Osman, Cahill and Barkley. Osman will probably be needed out wide and Rodwell is injured constantly. So that would leave us with Gibson, Cahill and Barkley.

Rodwell should be back by the start of next season, and Osman is not a wide player, and if we hav'nt signed another winger by the start of next season Moyes needs shooting, Junior i only mentioned because he can play there, and is one to come through in the future, i just don't think a player like Diame is that much of a priority Edited by theprisoner

Rodwell should be back by the start of next season, and Osman is not a wide player, and if we hav'nt signed another winger by the start of next season Moyes needs shooting, Junior i only mentioned because he can play there, and is one to come through in the future, i just don't think a player like Diame is that much of a priority

If we get 2 wingers in who can make an immediate impact, I agree. Rodwell is sort of a doubt to me too. It wasn't his first injury, was it.

If we get 2 wingers in who can make an immediate impact, I agree. Rodwell is sort of a doubt to me too. It wasn't his first injury, was it.

no its a repeated hamstring, not good. ive heard people saying sell him, but we would be lucky to get more than £5m for him at the moment.

If Fellaini goes, Diame would be a good option. Gibson as the holding midfielder with Diame as the box-to-box. He'd be suited more for the role Felli plays when pushed further up the field. But knowing Moyes, Diame would probs play LB as Baines' replacement.

If Fellaini goes, Diame would be a good option. Gibson as the holding midfielder with Diame as the box-to-box. He'd be suited more for the role Felli plays when pushed further up the field. But knowing Moyes, Diame would probs play LB as Baines' replacement.

Surely the box to box thing is what we want Barkley for, he is supposed to be the new Gerrard after all, if we get Diame or another ahead of him, i would'nt hold any grudges against him if he asked his agent to get him out of EFC

Surely the box to box thing is what we want Barkley for, he is supposed to be the new Gerrard after all, if we get Diame or another ahead of him, i would'nt hold any grudges against him if he asked his agent to get him out of EFC

Hope Barkley is further forward playing a Scholes type of positions/role.

Not really arsed either tbh. He isnt a bad player but he strikes me as being a bit of a dumb one. For example when Wigan were beating Arsenal at the Emirates, in injury time he did really well to bring the ball deep into the Arsenal half, started heading in the general direction of the corner flag, then tried taking the defender on and hit a tame shot on his weak foot about 10 yards wide of goal. Might be a one off but he's the type that look to have ability but dont know what to do with it.