• Campbell
    • Crouch
    • Ben Arfa
    • Walker
    • Guitierrez
    • Hoilett
    • Young
    • Pienaar v ManU

Goal of the Season Candidates already being grumbled thanks to Cisse's effort last night.

MSN have their list for GotS already, here are their options...

2011/12 Premier League Goal of the Season

Papiss Cisse's outrageous effort v Chelsea

Bryan Ruiz's delicate chip v Everton

Robin van Persie's perfect volley v Everton

Aguero's finish from Tevez's backheel v Norwich

Ryan Taylor's dipping volley v Everton

Luis Suarez's long range effort v Norwich

Stéphane Sessègnon tight-angled strike v Swansea

Edin Dzeko's 25-yard strike v Spurs

Frazier Campbell's long range volley v Norwich

Peter Crouch's wonder volley v Man City

Hatem Ben Arfa's mazy run v Bolton

Kyle Walker's free-kick v Blackburn

Guitierrez drive v Wolves

Junior Hoilett's clean hit v Norwich

Ashley Young's curler v Arsenal

http://sport.uk.msn....-season-2011-12

Ourselves and Norwich have conceed 3 each of the above options...which way shall we look at it? We only conceed from freak goals laugh.png

But seriously, for me, its between Cisse or Crouch's...and i hate to say it, i prefer Crouchs because it looked more intentional.

Edited by MikeO

I've not seen Cisse's goal so I can't comment. Peter Crouch for me has to be the winner, it's between him and Ryan Taylor and I think that Peter just pips it because he hit it from slightly further out (I think) and it was more of a 'turn and hit' rather than Ryan's 'hit and loop' effort. For me they are both class goals and the Crouch one sticks in my mind more than Taylors giving me a feeling that subliminally I think it's better (or is it just a man crush - who knows?)

Ben Arfa shoulden't be in there by the way, it wasn't that good of a goal IMO.

Edit: Papiss Cisse's goal was pretty special. I've just seen it now and I don't think that any goalkeeper would have saved that, the first one is alright (but I've seen it all before) the second however is unstoppable. It's between Papiss and Peter for me, take your pick.

Edited by Zoo

Cisse for me, quality, stunned me it was that good. Crouch caught the ball sweet as a nut, but most note worthy strikers will have scored a few of them in training. Whereas Cisse's was an absolute peach of a goal, caught everyone out.

Ten, could you please add a poll to this thread.

Ridiculous that the Suarez hit and hope even gets a mention....scored them at primary school (Colin Dry got us one from our own penalty area!).

Always think it's a bit daft that long range strikes dominate these things personally....tap in after a brilliant move, as in Pienaar's v United for example, is better than a random strike that comes off once in a blue moon for me.

Ridiculous that the Suarez hit and hope even gets a mention....scored them at primary school (Colin Dry got us one from our own penalty area!).

Always think it's a bit daft that long range strikes dominate these things personally....tap in after a brilliant move, as in Pienaar's v United for example, is better than a random strike that comes off once in a blue moon for me.

Seen two liverpool fans discussing Cisses goal on fb saying its a contender to Suarez' goal, hope they were joking (but they werent)

them long range lobs i did them at school too..scored 4 in one game once they aren't hard so i'd expect any pro footballer who is light years ahead of me should be able to hit the target from 40 yards out when the keeper is off his line...steve watson wasn't the best player in the world but he did it with a first touch shot! never got the rimming suarez has got...and that was hat trick too from a fuckin right back!

Seen two liverpool fans discussing Cisses goal on fb saying its a contender to Suarez' goal, hope they were joking (but they werent)

go to the rawk goes into meltdown thread on redcafe if you wanna hear some deluded shit

1 guy confidently claimed henderson will be as good as xavi, iniesta and scholes and also that ronaldo was 5th best in the world behind messi, xavi, iniesta and suarez and that he wouldn't swap