• Campbell
    • Crouch
    • Ben Arfa
    • Walker
    • Guitierrez
    • Hoilett
    • Young
    • Pienaar v ManU

Was reading the Independent in the pub at lunch time (while the wife shoppedcool.png ) and this really annoyed me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/was-papiss-cisses-strike-for-newcastle-against-chelsea-the-goal-of-the-season-7712319.html

Specifically James Lawton picking Rooney's second against us as third best goal of the season....watch that and Pienaar's in the same game and tell me that Rooney's is better! Bollocks. He's voting for the name.

Was reading the Independent in the pub at lunch time (while the wife shoppedcool.png ) and this really annoyed me.

http://www.independe...on-7712319.html

Specifically James Lawton picking Rooney's second against us as third best goal of the season....watch that and Pienaar's in the same game and tell me that Rooney's is better! Bollocks. He's voting for the name.

Thats just really pissed me off as well. Jack Pitt Suarez, Dzeko, then RVP's against Liverpool. Perfect example of how kopites cant see properly through their red glasses.

They use a pic of Cisse and he's got 1 3rd choice vote and thats it. How any one can consider Suarez a contender nevermind better than Cisse's is beyond comprehension.

Edited by pete0

Guest Nikica

go to the rawk goes into meltdown thread on redcafe if you wanna hear some deluded shit

1 guy confidently claimed henderson will be as good as xavi, iniesta and scholes and also that ronaldo was 5th best in the world behind messi, xavi, iniesta and suarez and that he wouldn't swap

They talk shite about Liverpool on RAWK, but Redcafe are in no position to talk about delusion.

One of the worst, most biased club sites I have seen on the internet. You seen the meltdowns they have after United lose? Or, conversely, how they label all their young players world-class when they get a good result? They overrate all their own players. An example is that some clown said that Welbeck will be a top ten player in the world within two years, and people actually agreed with him. It's also the general consensus on there that Evans is better than Pique, probably the only place online or off where a sizeable group of people. thinks that.

They're every bit as bad as RAWK, which is why it is so funny that they have that meltdown thread.

As for the Suarez goal, it's a good goal in terms of long-rangers, but I certainly agree that a solo goal or team goal is much more pleasurable. Anyone can score a screamer. In saying, this, Cisse's is still goal of the season for me, for the audacity to even try it never mind score it.

If Suarez's isn't that good then neither is Beckham's though, as they're pretty similar, albeit it Suarez wasn't as far out. Beckham though is an overrated goon who is sucked off by the English media, and Suarez is viewed as a racist Jonny-foreigner, so we can't expect balance in how the goals are assessed.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Another thing about Redcafe is that the majority of them are Irish, and as well as 'supporting' United they have a favourite Old Firm team, mostly due to religion probably.

Plastic cunts.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

i don't read redcafe apart from the meltdown cos they talk shit...they just some immense quotes from rawk in there laugh.png

As biased and deluded as they are about Liverpool on RAWK, when it comes to European football (when they aren't comparing players to Liverpool's) in their respective general football forums, RAWK's is far better. The posters on RAWK have more knowledge of foreign football than on Redcafe, easily.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

they say the champions league isn't as good as 7 years ago on rawk..convenient? they're idiots of the highest order..not worth reading apart from the comedy value

As I say, that's linked to Liverpool's demise.

Anything which they are genuinely neutral about they are fine.

I don't rate RAWK much but, unlike Redcafe, the general football forum can be decent at times. Neither site is exactly zonalmarking.net, so don't get the impression i think that.

Guest Nikica

Forgot Ben Arfa's against Bolton - should be up there as well. The original turn, and then the change of pace at the end to carry him past the last two defenders.

Forgot Ben Arfa's against Bolton - should be up there as well. The original turn, and then the change of pace at the end to carry him past the last two defenders.

Notlob defenders ran away from him. Its a good goal, but not a contender for goal of the season in my eyes....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

Notlob defenders ran away from him. Its a good goal, but not a contender for goal of the season in my eyes....

I can see why you'd think that, but in my opinion, if you watch the goal closely you will see that his change of pace fooled the defenders, as I originally alluded to. It might be a bit soft, yes, but it was still quality.

In terms of dribbles, it's one of the better goals I have seen in English football this season. I normally prefer a dribble to a fantastic strike - takes more ability. Cisse's is an exception for me because of the sheer audacity of it.

I'd take Ben Arfa's goal over (for instance) Gerrard's against Olympiakos every day of the week, leaving aside the occasion. A dribbling goal takes more ability than a fantastic strike.

I can see why you'd think that, but in my opinion, if you watch the goal closely you will see that his change of pace fooled the defenders, as I originally alluded to. It might be a bit soft, yes, but it was still quality.

In terms of dribbles, it's one of the better goals I have seen in English football this season. I normally prefer a dribble to a fantastic strike - takes more ability. Cisse's is an exception for me because of the sheer audacity of it.

I'd take Ben Arfa's goal over (for instance) Gerrard's against Olympiakos every day of the week, leaving aside the occasion. A dribbling goal takes more ability than a fantastic strike.

Wouldnt call it a dribble, great turn, but then it was a basic dart for the goal, Walcott has done better dribbles than that this season. shouldnt of even been a contender in my eyes.

Guest Nikica

Wouldnt call it a dribble, great turn, but then it was a basic dart for the goal, Walcott has done better dribbles than that this season. shouldnt of even been a contender in my eyes.

Fair point actually, I suppose it depends on what you can categorise as a dribble. It's true that he didn't twist and turn, deviate and change direction (he did this more in his other goal, can't remember who it was against, which was probably a better goal but not in the league), but he still did really well to beat the first defender on the halfway line, and I think the way he changed pace to beat the last two qualifies the goal as a dribble because he essentially beat three players. He beat another guy as well but he more raced away from him than beat him with skill.

I can see what you are saying, don't get me wrong, but personally I would put that down as a dribble.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

can't really remember the goal but did he look at the defender when he made the first touch or was it just luck? and then after that it was like moses and the red sea...no way it should have been on the list

Even if he didn't explicitly look, he will have known where the defender is - the best players are aware of positioning of others and themselves on the pitch.

I reckon you are being a bit harsh but we will agree to disagree.

Fantastic. Big fan of his, although I didn't know much about him until he joined Porto. He's absolutely brilliant.

Guest Nikica

Brilliant! Better than Rooney's I'd say!!!

Most certainly. Rooney's was a shinner. Still a very good goal but it wasn't perfect technique by any means. Falcao's was. I'm sure Jimmy Briand scored a better bicycle kick that Rooney's in the same weekend as that City game as well.

EDIT: on further viewing, is Falcao's a shinner as well? I really I am being harsh on these guys here.

Edited by Nikica

• 3 weeks later...