IGNORED

Last day of the season

Thought I might start a thread on this, unbelievable day of football, makes me proud of the prem league! Only the EPL could serve up entertainment like that, totally mad finish to a season. I'm glad city got the title, I'm glad to see blackburn go, shame for Bolton, I like Coyle, Newcastle have had a great season but our boys did us proud today and hopefully showed them that we'll be up there challenging for a top 4 next season. Honorable mentions to the Swans!! And norwich too, they did well and should be proud!! And Joey barton is a complete and utter cunt, should never be allowed on a football pitch ever again!! What a season goals galore, love it!!!!

Edited by MikeO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleased too Manchester City won the title - you may have noticed

While we were champions as recently as 1985 and 1987 they have had to wait from as far back as 1968 for their first League Championship, hats off and all, I don't like United and Rooney with it, and somehow City managed to get the win today, in the most fucking amazing circumstances you could imagine, it was sort of like Arsenal and the shite in 1989 in a sense.

Well done Swansea ! Swans 1 Liverpool 0 - great day on Merseyside for us.

I don't like Norwich much at all but credit where it's due, they got another win today and have done excellent this year, Lambert takes all the accolades going, they have surprised me, had them down as bottom place actually back in August.

Hats off to Manchester City, and fuck off to United, the only down side is that horrible Gallagher person from Oasis and Eddie Large will be enjoying this...

But in all seriousness, pleased for them today, there's no sense in the same clubs winning the same damn titles and things year after year, they've been in the shadow of United for as long as anyone can remember, let themselves and the fans have a day of it, enjoy the success etc, it must have been a long wait.

Were Bolton relegated today ?, thought they survived, I mean QPR lost and took their place.. Too much mayhem today in my defense..

Not happy at all about today, City winning the league has got right on my tits and I literally can't wait till next season so United can put them back in their fucking places. They're a small club that are only where they are today and anyone that wishes them well is a complete buffoon. I'm glad that we managed to beat Newcastle so it's a good end to the season for us (Swansea winning against Liverpool made me happy also).

Good end to what has been a frustrating season in places, well done boys. Commiserations to Bolton Wanderers.

A little sorry for Bolton today, thought it was one out of them and QPR, as the London side lost, I automatically assumed Bolton were safe ?

Yes, City are a small club, at least in terms of their neighbors accomplishments, but I won't begrudge them the league title, so what if they have a bit of money now, until last year they hadn't won a damn thing since 1976 while United took everything in sight right under their noses.

The liquor will taste a bit sweeter tonight, it's been not a bad day all said for action.

Glad City done it, really have a dislike for the arrogant Utd supporters down here they can take their '' we're Man Utd and we do what we want'' attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine, Jesus I mean football was not invented by Sky in the 92-93 season so they can kiss my royal arse if they think I'm not happy!yay.gif

Yes, City are a small club, at least in terms of their neighbors accomplishments, but I won't begrudge them the league title, so what if they have a bit of money now, until last year they hadn't won a damn thing since 1976 while United took everything in sight right under their noses.

Little bit of money? I think they have more than a 'little'. They have spent what they wanted and done fuck all to merit where they are today, Mancini has not spent 10 years like Moyes building up a squad he's just sat on his arse and bought whoever he wanted, the whole club is a joke and this is why I hate them so much. Anyone could have won the league title with the amount of money theyv'e got; Wigan, Wolves, fucking Burton Albion could have done it.

Manchester United have won the league each season by being the best footballing side under the best manager the world has ever seen, Manchester City have won the league because they have a guy who likes to dress in bathroom equipment handing out millions of pounds left right and centre.

They don't deserve the title - end of.

Yeah it's been a weird old season, the way we played today, if we played like that all season, we would'nt be challenging for Europe, we would be challenging for the title! frustrating being an Evertonian. At the same time the downfall of the shite has been fun to watch, especially as it's under Kenny. Im actually glad that Man City have won the league, Ballotelli is class, we need people like him in the game, Aguero is amazing, Toure makes Fellaini look like a midget, and Silva is the type of player i hoped Arteta would become, The thoughts that must be running through Taggarts head at the moment, but then i don't think they are as strong anymore, they are over reliant on Rooney, Rio has seen better days, Fabio is crap, and Evra is not much better, it got so bad they had to call old man Scholes back, but im sure they will strengthen in the summer(hopefully not with Baines or Fellaini) Down at the bottom it got intense, although Blackburn are a stupid team and deserved to go down, i think Wolves made a catastrophic mistake in sacking big Mick. I feel sorry for Bolton, they have some good players although they have missed Holden and Lee their two main players for the whole season with injuries. Wigan escaped again but i think Martinez may go to Villa, i kinda hoped Villa would go down tbh.

Other notable mentions, the 3 promoted teams have all stayed up and 2 have done very well, Swansea have showed the whole league that you don't need bucket loads of cash to play good football. Spurs have done well to get in the Champions league again, they play some nice football and it would be good to see another team in the CL representing the Premier League. It's been a good season, so lets hope for a few new faces and a good start to the next one and we will be right up there.

I'd go along with that for Chelsea for sure, horrible plastic cunts, but I really don't mind MCFC right now, yes, they have spent a vast amount of cash if the truth be known, but they have entertained and I don't mind Mancini too much, I've always prefered them over United for as long as I can remember.

Where's that blue person they have that sometimes comes on, wonder what he's doing now etc..

Little bit of money? I think they have more than a 'little'. They have spent what they wanted and done fuck all to merit where they are today, Mancini has not spent 10 years like Moyes building up a squad he's just sat on his arse and bought whoever he wanted, the whole club is a joke and this is why I hate them so much. Anyone could have won the league title with the amount of money theyv'e got; Wigan, Wolves, fucking Burton Albion could have done it.

Manchester United have won the league each season by being the best footballing side under the best manager the world has ever seen, Manchester City have won the league because they have a guy who likes to dress in bathroom equipment handing out millions of pounds left right and centre.

They don't deserve the title - end of.

Whats Moyes won in that 10 years though and not all the players were signed by Mancini

I didn't say he had won anything I'm just saying that he's taken the time to build a squad up from nothing whilst Mancini has had it handed to him on a plate. Mancini may have won the league but it's not exactly been a hard job given the squad that he has, he's had all the money in the world to put together a title challenging team so I don't see why everyone is rimming him now that they've done the job.

I didn't say he had won anything I'm just saying that he's taken the time to build a squad up from nothing whilst Mancini has had it handed to him on a plate. Mancini may have won the league but it's not exactly been a hard job given the squad that he has, he's had all the money in the world to put together a title challenging team so I don't see why everyone is rimming him now that they've done the job.

Ok so your saying all that stuff with Tevez and Ballotelli is all easy stuff to handle, and managing that many big ego's is an easy job? What about Moyes and Drenthe? not such a great job there was it, as much as i don't like the guy, he offered us something we had never seen and we needed him in the squad.

In manager terms yes it is, all he has to do is babysit knobheads and stop them from falling out. He dosen't really have to put loads of effort into his work because its piss easy to get 3 points with the team Man City have, I'm not saying that I hate all of them, I like the fact that they play Joe Hart seeing as he's a homegrown lad but on the whole I think they're a plastic team with a plastic manager.

In manager terms yes it is, all he has to do is babysit knobheads and stop them from falling out. He dosen't really have to put loads of effort into his work because its piss easy to get 3 points with the team Man City have, I'm not saying that I hate all of them, I like the fact that they play Joe Hart seeing as he's a homegrown lad but on the whole I think they're a plastic team with a plastic manager.

Sorry but i just think thats insane, i have no idea where your coming from with all this anti Man City stuff, so we shall agree to disagree :)

Sorry but i just think thats insane, i have no idea where your coming from with all this anti Man City stuff, so we shall agree to disagree smile.png

I guess we shall, no need for it to get personal or anything seeing as we are all Evertonians but a lot of the people I speak to follow the same opinion. Manchester City are a hated club because of what they have done to the English Premier League.

Chelsea were the frontrunners for that, but I don't want to keep on about those plastic charlatans..

Bottom line is, whether anyone wants to disagree or disagree,

Manchester City won the league championship today for the first time since 1967-68

Take money out of the equation, lets imagine, for arguments sake it's not a factor, above all else if it comes down to a choice between them and United, I'll always want the blue side of Manchester to do better

They were 2-1 behind with seconds to go, won 3-2 in an amazing turnaround, United and Rooney missed out, and I'm having a good few fucking drinks later tonight on the basis of that, and Swansea and Everton today also..

Save a prayer for about midnight.. unsure.png Those things are strong stuff. Going to be a long night.

This is how ive seen City over the last 2-3 years: City are not a big club and im still not convinced theyre a team. Until they can recreate this a few times, theyre a rich club with a bunch of players.

All that said..... Fair play to them today, they didnt give up and played til the last minute which surprised me - I honestly thought they'd bottle it. They took a big step towards becoming a big club today and over the season theyve been the best team. Congratulations to them...

Points this calendar year (just out of interest)....

City 44

United 44

Everton 35

Newcastle 35

Arsenal 34

Fulham 32

Spurs 30

Chelsea 30

Wigan 28

Swansea 27

Sunderland 27

Norwich 25

West Brom 25

Bolton 23

QPR 20

Stoke 19

Liverpool 18

Blackburn 17

Villa 15

Wolves 8

Great finish to the season, last days should always be like this!

To be honest I'd rather it have ben United over City, but they did it, and we can't argue with that.Sure they threw a lot of money at it, but then so did liverpool!

Nice way for us to finish, with a good win against a team with everything to play for.

Next season could well be a good one, get Pienaar back where he belongs, get a whole season from him and Baines, Gibson may well keep improving with games, Fellainis' best is yet to come, our defence should have at least another good season and Jelavic could score us a hat full.

If Moyes can sign another couple like Jelavic and Gibson, then we should do ok.

Some praise to should go to King Kenny......please may he not be sacked this summer!

This is how ive seen City over the last 2-3 years: City are not a big club and im still not convinced theyre a team. Until they can recreate this a few times, theyre a rich club with a bunch of players.

All that said..... Fair play to them today, they didnt give up and played til the last minute which surprised me - I honestly thought they'd bottle it. They took a big step towards becoming a big club today and over the season theyve been the best team. Congratulations to them...

Completely agree

Barton on twitter

"The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me"

Few digs at Shearer after Shearers(obvious bias after his awful spell as a manager) comments on motd

Shearers still on my case..."I know I f*cked up Alan, thanks for stating the obvious."

I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon,then threatened FA if they banned him

Edited by pete0