IGNORED

Davies and Nsiala released

Have to say I am very surprised at Davies being released. Like it was said above he's played for the England national team and when I was at Finch Farm (aged 14) he was bloody good (think he'd of been 16 at the time). I always thought that he and Connor Roberts would make it (I think Connor is still at Everton) but I guess the staff know best. I don't know too much about Nsaila as I was a goalkeeper and rarely saw the Academy outfielders in my training sessions but like Adam I wish him all the best.

...Davies was shite on FIFA though

What about other youngsters like Forshaw, McAleny, Wallace, Baxter? Do we expect all of them to be retained/offered new contracts? I imagine Hope, Garbutt, BIdwell are all young enough not to be released yet.

I'm not saying it's the wrong decison I'm just saying that I'm very surprised having both watched and played with him.

osman was almost 23 and it was in a game that meant nothing near end of the season...i hope baxter does make it but i don't hold out too much hope

Osman's gone on from that to make over 200 apps for us - that's the point I was making. Not every player is ready at 18 or even 20 - look how important Leon has been.

I'm not saying it's the wrong decison I'm just saying that I'm very surprised having both watched and played with him.

My statement wasn't directed at you, mate! I hope I didn't offend! ;-)

If Baxter is to be offered a two year contract, that shows that he is believed to still have potential. I hope he is a late bloomer. I doubt McAleny or Forshaw will make it here, however I wouldn't mind handing Wallace another one-year contract.

My statement wasn't directed at you, mate! I hope I didn't offend! ;-)

Oh don't worry about it mate, I didn't take it as an insult :)

Also whats the deal with Wallace? Everyone seems to rim him like he's going to be something special but have we actually seen him in first team action yet? I don't think I've ever seen him play.

Oh don't worry about it mate, I didn't take it as an insult smile.png

Also whats the deal with Wallace? Everyone seems to rim him like he's going to be something special but have we actually seen him in first team action yet? I don't think I've ever seen him play.

Every fan of the teams he's been loaned to have seemed to rate him highly and think he's AT Least a Championship player... Plus, I know this is a dumb way to grade people, he's one of our better youngsters on FIFA.

Every fan of the teams he's been loaned to have seemed to rate him highly and think he's AT Least a Championship player... Plus, I know this is a dumb way to grade people, he's one of our better youngsters on FIFA.

Use Football Manager, more credible cool.png

Football Manager isn't really common here in the States! Is it for Xbox/PS3, or PC?

PC or Mac, available on steam. Highly recommend if you have a lot of spare time. Best waiting till next season for the new one though or trying a demo for now.

Edited by pete0

Adam Forshaw last season, Baxter 2010-11 - I think (pretty shaw!)

Does anybody here rate Forshaw? He was reserve player of the year this year, so he's got to be decent, and I know his contract is up because he just signed a one-year deal before last season, so I wonder if he will be let go or if we think he's good enough to hand him another contract.

I have watched Wallace a few times in the england set up and still undecided.

Seems like he has a real good engine and not scared of shooting. Tackles hard and very energetic.

Only probs i had is that he didnt seem to have much technical ability. Would be a great player in our dogs of war era, but now not so sure.

But again he is only young and like others have said, he teams he gets loaned to always ask to extend it.

Baxter is another i have watched a good amount. He frustrates me because he does have ability. he could just do with a little more desire.

Hope i am afraid i can't see him making it here. Scores a lot of goals at the younger levels but he is more an old fashioned poacher from what i have saw.

Theres not many of that type left in the premiership :(