Steven Pienaar

Denis Stracqualursi

Royston Drenthe's

Jordan Barrow

James Fitzgibbon

Ben Heneghan

Ryan Higgins

Adam Thomas

No great surprise, shame for the youngsters (Femi Orenuga too Mark, so now we have no RW coming through!)

McFadden was a disappointment second time around and was unable to duplicate his form of before, I know he was only used sparingly but all said won't be no tears for that departure. A little sad to see Drenthe go back, we had ourselves a good player but he did let himself down sometimes. Thanks for the services and all to those leaving. Not too fully aware of some of the lesser names mentioned who are surplus to requirements.

Macfaddin, what a waste of wages that was, and it stopped Barkley playing!!

McFadden played a big part in the 4-4 at OT, and to his credit always looked forward when he was given a game. Cahill kept Barkley out the side, feck knows how.

Adam Davies

Connor Roberts

What is the world coming too. These were two fine goalkeepers shaking fist.png I have a feeling that these two could do a John Ruddy on us in a few years, I'm not kicking off because I respect the coaching staff's opinion but bloody hell, these two were good. Fitzgibbon wasn't bad either, but nobody I played with was up to the Davies/Roberts standard.

What is the world coming too. These were two fine goalkeepers shaking%20fist.png I have a feeling that these two could do a John Ruddy on us in a few years, I'm not kicking off because I respect the coaching staff's opinion but bloody hell, these two were good. Fitzgibbon wasn't bad either, but nobody I played with was up to the Davies/Roberts standard.

We've not needed a second keeper for 3 years, Howard still has 5 years before he has to worry about whats coming through the ranks, and it would be unfair on the kids now to keep them until there 25 before they will get a chance. Train them, let them get 1st team experience, buy them back. Unless we can find the next Casillas.

when did you play with them? they may not have progressed...i played with a lad who played for man utd and is now fuckin about in non-league cos he never progressed after he hit 17/18

I was 14/15 at the time so it's about 3 years ago. I can fully appreciate what you're saying it's just shocked me because I always expected them to do well and get into the Everton team. Like Pete said though we don't need a back-up keeper because of Howard's age and I know that they have kept Mason and the Polish lad (forget his name).

as romey as said many times this place is a graveyard for young keepers...and agree with pete i'd rather they were let go and got their chance to fulfil the potential they have..worked for ruddy smile.png

Agreed... I sometimes wish that I'd been scouted by a lower league club so that I'd of had a better chance. It's one of those strange dilemma's of fate, I'm glad to have played for my favourite club but on the flip-side it's got me nowhere at all.

i never even bothered tryin...pissed on everyone at school but i wouldn't have had a chance i don't reckon...i was quick as a kid cos i was small then i had a mega growth spurt now i'm tall and not as quick as i was...i also can't head a ball to save my life to can't take advantage of the height

One of the biggest flaws in my game was heading, so when I went from a left-winger to a goalkeeper at the age of 11/12 that made my game improve a lot (seeing as I never had to do it). I believe that I could have made it at one of the lower league clubs but it's pretty much luck getting spotted in the first place and then a lot harder than it sounds making it past other candidates. It was fun at Finch Farm though, a once in a lifetime experiance I guess. Some of the young kids there though look like mini-Messi's, some of the tricks the primary school kids can pull of are un-real, it's a wonder they all don't make it.

it's the 16-22 year old period that is the big one i think..i never got any better from 16 onwards and that's why i know i'd have never made it at any kind of league club...couldn't half ping a 30 yard pass as a kid though..straight onto a 50p piece! and i loved tacklin so much people sometimes jumped out of my way even though i was small laugh.png i liked to play in the middle of midfield but always got stuck to left back cos i was the only person who could play left footed(ambidextrous) which was annoyin to be honest

Edited by marcopaulo

haha i was alright at kickin it far cos i played as a keeper up until about 12-13 when i decided i wanted to be outfield...so i got plenty of practice at that

I hated going in goal, used to always sprain my wrist or end up with a red arse.

Surprised the league isnt full of scouse/toffee keepers thanks to Big Nev, him and Dave Watson the only talent that stayed at the club we didnt have a chance to be forward. Used to love the rain so you could proper slide in.

Edit: the red arse was from head and vollies game

Edited by pete0