IGNORED

Moyes on 5 live

Louis

It seems whatever news stories or rumors we get from that area invariably turn out misleading or alarmingly inaccurate.

As soon as I saw the above 'Moyes has quit Everton', (it was a twitter response by all accounts), I knew at once it was a load of chicken litter. I strongly believe all this amounts to, could be some miserable fucks with nothing to do but sit in front of a screen or other application for 12 hours a day with other like minded individuals and make up ridiculous stories and other implausible items of news and it all snowballs from there. Maybe there are a handful of serious persons about the network, but it's something I just divorce myself from if I can help it.

It seems whatever news stories or rumors we get from that area invariably turn out misleading or alarmingly inaccurate.

As soon as I saw the above 'Moyes has quit Everton', (it was a twitter response by all accounts), I knew at once it was a load of chicken litter. I strongly believe all this amounts to, could be some miserable fucks with nothing to do but sit in front of a screen or other application for 12 hours a day with other like minded individuals and make up ridiculous stories and other implausible items of news and it all snowballs from there. Maybe there are a handful of serious persons about the network, but it's something I just divorce myself from if I can help it.

It weren't Twitter, it was TalkSport (part of Sky) via Twitter. As for reliable news, Twitter is the best outlet. If there is a news worthy story it will spread and be seen before any spin can be added (although the same will happen with rumours). It's helped revolutions at a pace that makes BBCs efforts look lazy and has enticed the public to vet on other sources of media for their lack of coverage of bigger issues.

Talksport is just the lesser of the two evils and I could murder for some of their presenters. I just think maybe with the networking thing, It may start out all innocent enough and reliable, but then a game of chinese whispers ensues, and all it takes is one or two fucking Idiots to set the whole thing off course and it degenerates into a complete nonsense and goes so far off the mark you don't know what to believe etc. I'd much rather get my Everton information and rumors from other sources if it's all very well and good.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

It weren't Twitter, it was TalkSport (part of Sky) via Twitter. As for reliable news, Twitter is the best outlet. If there is a news worthy story it will spread and be seen before any spin can be added (although the same will happen with rumours). It's helped revolutions at a pace that makes BBCs efforts look lazy and has enticed the public to vet on other sources of media for their lack of coverage of bigger issues.

Its been a while Pete, but I agree with you.

• 6 months later...