IGNORED

Takeovers left, right and centre but not Everton

Phil McNulty responding to some 'heat' received after Forrest were finally taken over.

"To Everton fans getting agitated about no buyers after Al-Hasawi family acquire Forest, may be wise to wait & see scale of their investment."

7:54pm - 10 Jul 12

Last bits adds to what's been said before :)

Phil McNulty responding to some 'heat' received after Forrest were finally taken over.

"To Everton fans getting agitated about no buyers after Al-Hasawi family acquire Forest, may be wise to wait & see scale of their investment."

7:54pm - 10 Jul 12

Last bits adds to what's been said before smile.png

Goes a bit further:

Paul Tyrrell @TyrrellPaul

Few people asking me why buy notts forest and not Everton. Simple commercial numbers. Forest languishing in lower Championship has more

Potential for a quick business return than a club as Everton, always finishing in the top echelon of the PL. Forest - revenue is £15m..

Wage bill - £16m. New owner may feel with a £25m investment, get into the PL and a club bought for say £15m, could then be worth £100m+

Yet some people claimed it was because Bill hasnt got the club up for sale :blink:

Some people don't think of the whole picture, it is easier to get a buyer at lower levels because you can possibly make a profit by selling it again and it is cheaper!

Still wish kenwright would bring his asking price down and be reasonable to try to give us what we deserve, money!!

Some people don't think of the whole picture, it is easier to get a buyer at lower levels because you can possibly make a profit by selling it again and it is cheaper!

Still wish kenwright would bring his asking price down and be reasonable to try to give us what we deserve, money!!

which asking price is this?

thought that was just a rumour? So far as I know the asking price isnt known.

No rumour i don't think, fact is though you can't sell something that the owner doesn't want sell, Kenwright wants someone who is going to come along give him a blank cheque, then that person sits in the background as Bill parades that stupid grin once more claiming wealth and a new era, hence his continual search for 'the right man' NO ONE in the world is going to hand him that sort of money and then stand at the back saying nothing, so sadly we are stuck with Kenwright for now, people just need to get used too it.

Up for sale, not up for sale - it doesn't matter a jot if the price that triggers a sale is not met.

Does anyone think that Modric (up for sale) would be sold for £10m? The same way that Messi (not up for sale) wouldn't be sold for £180m?

Tell people your house is up for sale - put it on rightmove at a price of 3 times it's value - will it get sold? No chance. However there have been occasions where someone has sold their house to a door knocker who offered them a fair price even though it wasn't on the market.

In short - you can believe Bill 100% that the club is up for sale, however if you honestly think that if it was up for a fair price and we just haven't found the right buyer then i'm sorry but I don't fall for that.

Here's a good read: http://goodisonglory.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/how-to-value-a-football-club/

Up for sale, not up for sale - it doesn't matter a jot if the price that triggers a sale is not met.

Does anyone think that Modric (up for sale) would be sold for £10m? The same way that Messi (not up for sale) wouldn't be sold for £180m?

Tell people your house is up for sale - put it on rightmove at a price of 3 times it's value - will it get sold? No chance. However there have been occasions where someone has sold their house to a door knocker who offered them a fair price even though it wasn't on the market.

In short - you can believe Bill 100% that the club is up for sale, however if you honestly think that if it was up for a fair price and we just haven't found the right buyer then i'm sorry but I don't fall for that.

Here's a good read: http://goodisonglory...-football-club/

so how much is it up for? Because unless you know, this theory is irrelevant. Its also very off topic by the way guys....

No... spell it out to me.

The new tv deal has pretty much removed the need for a sale in my opinion.

because the multi-millionaire owners are not willing to put forward their own money in as investment (without seeing it back), not willing to stump up for a new stadium, player transfers etc.

TV deal buys some time and keeps the banks happy (hopefully) but the current board havent exactly been great with their management of the club. This is my take on a couple of the arguments for a sale anyway.

Aaaaah, that debate.

An interesting part of this is how many people have an opinion on something and then state it as fact. The one that makes me chuckle the most is:

"Bill Kenwright does not want to sell Everton".

Really?! What does it add to the debate to say that?

Another corker:

"The selling price is too high".

To be fair to Bill Kenwright, he has for most of his tenure said that he will sell to the right people who will put the club on a more successful path than he can. His motives and judgement are something that we'll probably never know.

Drawing from fact though: he has been Chairman for 8 years now and still has not found investment for the club. I think we have to consider that Everton Football Club is a business and the responsibility for that business lies with the Chairman.

I think we do need to ask questions of the Chairman and ask and hope that he really is exhausting all possibilities and employing the right people to do that.

I think Kenwright took responsibility the moment he said he's the best person to sell this club.

I think this is where it comes to peoples interpretation. When he says sell the club, I think he means the image rather than the fiscal side of it.

I hope that's how he meant it because I worry if he thinks the other way it could be interpreted.

Id worry if he thinks he can handle the fiscal side, I dont think he (or those actually responsible) are up for it. The way I read it is "I love this club, I will show it in its best light and demand nothing but the highest quality from those who want to buy".

Just my interpretation though.

responsibility lies with the CEO and CFO.

From a moral position I agree with Romey.

From a business position, the CEO does run and lead the club (Bill Kenwright has said that he doesn't do the day-to-day work), but they are employed by the board of directors with the Chairman (in our case) the majority shareholder (i.e. ultimate responsibility).