IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Guest Nikica

Celtic - Elfsborg (Sweden) 0-0 after first half. (CL qualifiers) both teams have had one in the crossbar.

Celtics Commons and Forrest look very decent.

Edit* ended up 1-0 to Celtic but is this really the Celtic that beat Barca last season?

I think Celtic are going to get beaten in the return match.

Let's hope so :jump for joy:

Their result v Barca at Darkheid was a fluke so don't take it as an indicator of their ability in Europe. They played well above themselves and Barca were rotten. That game wa a sign of things to come for Barca.

Whilst it was an achievement Celtic beat Barcelona purely by luck. The possession was something like 80-20 in Barca's favour and they had about 30 shots compared to Celtic's 2. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it because they did by scoring more than their opposition but using that as a reason to call them a 'big club' isn't a realistic one.

I think they will get to the Champions League but will inevitably fail like they always do.

Yes Celtic always fail in Europe. Got to the UEFA cup final in recent years and at Parkhead have the means and capabilities to beat any team in Europe. I recognize them as a big club. They're just wasted in the (nonsense) that is the SPL that's all. We've had this debate before and not getting involved once again but the champions league gives them a chance to show their talents to a much bigger stage than the often obscure and overlooked scots premier league. The same applies to Glasgow Rangers when they participate, but it's only ever those two names you ever see involved.

Yes Celtic always fail in Europe. Got to the UEFA cup final in recent years and at Parkhead have the means and capabilities to beat any team in Europe. I recognize them as a big club. They're just wasted in the (nonsense) that is the SPL that's all. We've had this debate before and not getting involved once again but the champions league gives them a chance to show their talents to a much bigger stage than the often obscure and overlooked scots premier league. The same applies to Glasgow Rangers when they participate, but it's only ever those two names you ever see involved.

Scotland are now ranked 18 in European coefficiency and so only 1 team can enter which is a bit shit for whoever finishes 2nd.

The Prem is the number 1 ranking.

Scotland are now ranked 18 in European coefficiency and so only 1 team can enter which is a bit shit for whoever finishes 2nd. The Prem is the number 1 ranking.

The fact that Celtic walk the league yet get hammered in Europe show just how out of touch Scotland is when it comes to football. Just look at Hibernian against Molde - they lost 9-0 on aggregate. Molde are a team that any mid-table English side (such as Swansea) would breeze past.

Some shocks already in the cup, as per:

Middlesbrough 1-2 Accrington Stanley

Morecambe 1-0 Wolves

Rotherham 2-1 Sheff Weds

Sheff Utd 1-2 Burton

Stevenage 2-0 Ipswich

Sheffield will be a fun place to be tonight!

Brighton 1 Newport 3 has to be the biggest upset!

17 year old PSV winger Zakaria Bakkali has had a dream start to his career. He debuted for PSV 12 days ago, he scored his first goal for PSV in a Champions League qualifier 3 days ago, he received his first call up for the Belgian national team 2 days ago and today he has scored his first goal in the Eredivisie and his first hattrick! He scored three of PSV's goals in a 5-0 against NEC. Two of his goals were simply incredible.

ibv44fDJCYbywY.gif

ibv9lFfeXGp06A.gif

Potentially good enough for Everton?

He's out of our reach already. He was actually called "the best young player in the world" by English media two years ago when he was voted the Most Valuable Player of the Nike Cup in Manchester despite PSV failing to get out of the group round. He was already heavily courted by both Manchester teams after that, but he turned them down to sign a pro contract with PSV. When he eventually leaves it's gonna be for £30m or something similar.

He's out of our reach already. He was actually called "the best young player in the world" by English media two years ago when he was voted the Most Valuable Player of the Nike Cup in Manchester despite PSV failing to get out of the group round. He was already heavily courted by both Manchester teams after that, but he turned them down to sign a pro contract with PSV. When he eventually leaves it's gonna be for £30m or something similar.

Thanks, Steve. We'll be able to afford him then after a few years in the Champs League thanks to RM :afro: ... Oh well hopefully Green or one of them many other youths turn out to be WC.

Belgium drawn 0-0 with France. Fellaini played the entire game. Did nothing of note, but he wasn't an eye-sore like he has been in previous games. Mirallas came on about 70 minutes in. Had a good chance but finished wildly with his left foot, a couple of sloppy touches but good effort.

Kevin De Bruyne did not have one of his best games, but he was still involved in all of our good play. If Mourinho doesn't start him, then he doesn't know class when it hits him in the face.

Belgium drawn 0-0 with France. Fellaini played the entire game. Did nothing of note, but he wasn't an eye-sore like he has been in previous games. Mirallas came on about 70 minutes in. Had a good chance but finished wildly with his left foot, a couple of sloppy touches but good effort.

Kevin De Bruyne did not have one of his best games, but he was still involved in all of our good play. If Mourinho doesn't start him, then he doesn't know class when it hits him in the face.

I thought Fellaini played well, mainly very tidy on the ball, bar a couple of bad passes (straight to a Frenchman), he covered a lot of ground, so you can say say he's in good shape.

Was less impressed with Mirallas, especially the one miss.

Despite it finishing 0-0, still a good game, the French had several young midfielders start for the first time.

Both teams had difficulty in finishing, Belgium looked more dangerous when Benteke came on for Lukaku, if they both overcome this, they can go far in next year's World Cup.

I'm on my phone so don't see likes. You guessed he was being sarcy because he guessed 4-2? Bull....shit. Cba talking about this, C is a cunt because we have previous and he wont drop it,DK is a cunt for splerting the result and in general and your being a bit of a cunt about it all as well.

Warning points? Come at me bitches :lol:

Ha ha I missed this... moments gone I guess!

For the record I have no problems with anyone on here but I do consider some members as 'novelty' and I do like to go fishing!!!