IGNORED

Leyton Orient

MikeO

Felli and his brother at the game last night:

http://www.dailymail...hairstyles.html

laugh.png

Just watched the "extended highlights" on the OS, must say i was very impressed with Coleman, obviously he was against lesser opposition and wasnt really tested defensively but he looked Baines-esc going forward, he beat his man quite a bit and when he got to the touchline as well he wasnt just doing an aimless hit and hope into the box, he was picking out his man. Must say i thought his decision making in pre-season when he played RM was miles better than it has been as well, very promising. Thought Barkley looked quite good as well, seemed to be involved in everything going forward when he came on. And Miralles looks like he is going to be a really exciting player for us. Obviously haven't seen the whole game, but good performance's all round i think, bring on the albion!

Edited by GoodisonRoad

i know its easy for me but i normally pick my tickets up the day after the season tkt holders get theirs,i then go and pick the best that is left,the tickets you wanted when did you order them,ive never had a problem when ordering tkts by post.

normally I dont have a problem with it either, because theres only a few hundred to pick up. But because the tickets only went on sale on the Thursday (ordered ours on the Friday) and there was a bank holiday this weekend, they couldnt get 90% in the post in time. Poor forward planning....

Well, that was probably the most enjoyable match for me so far this season. That was because we were never under any sort of threat at all, we completely controlled the game and went about the victory in a totally professional way with minimal fuss. We may have only been playing Leyton Orient but doing that against a side like Orient has always been a problem for us, but we put that to bed last night and I couldn't have been happier. We didn't give them a sniff and destroyed any confidence they may have had nice and early and squished them like a bug. We were ruthless for the most part. Job done.

The defence and goalkeeper had pretty much fuck all to do all night, and whenever they did get near our goal their chances were mostly snuffed out quickly. It was the midfield that was the star of the show. I felt that we were lacking a bit without Fellaini and Gibson but the rest of them really stood up. Where Fellaini and Gibson, and Pienaar to a certain extent, stand out for what they individually bring to the table, last night the midfield banded together and it was a real collective effort. The fluidity and inter-play they showed in working together when they won't have played together much was brilliant.

Mucha - Fortunately we kept the ball as far away as possible from this balloon for most of the game. I could well imagine him throwing the ball into his own net if we'd let him get near it too often.

Coleman - I thought he was superb, probably even better than when he burst onto the scene for us tbh. He was the same energetic Forest Gump but he got his head up to see what was around him and he has definitely been working hard on his crossing, that ball for Gueye was magic. One criticism I have is that, at least at the beginning of the game, he was giving the Orient wide players too much room.

Heitinga and Jags - Untroubled.

Baines - Absolutely shit my pants when he took a knock very early on and wanted him to go off there and then. Fortunately he seemed to recover and went on to have a strong half. He looked to have more confidence in Maggie, where in the past you've visibly seen his reluctance to give him the ball. But last night they linked up well together while Baines was on the pitch.

Naismith - If not for Mirallas he'd have got my MOTM vote hands down. He was absolutely superb. I knew he'd be a good signing for us but even I'm surprised at just how well he's settled in already. You wouldn't think he'd only been here a few months, the way he works in tandem with our other players is brilliant. It's totally fluid. For example, I loved how, in the second half, he'd swapped with Vic and was playing upfront with Vic switching to the right. He also showed some lovely touches to create openings and to drive the ball forward. One highlight was the ball for Coleman which led to Gueye's goal. It was gold. Like Coleman, though, one criticism is that he didn't get tight enough to the wide men at the beginning of the game.

Osman - Really stepped up to the plate in the absence of Fellaini and Gibson to lead our midfield in attack. He dropped back well to receive the ball off the defence and was always taking the ball forward to get us going. He did a cracking job of being a box to box midfielder and even capped it all with a goal. Also, it was good to see him linking up very well with the new boy, Mirallas, already.

Neville - Shielded the defence well so not much actually got to them.

Gueye - I've seen that some think he had a poor game but I thought he looked much improved myself. Yes, he gave the ball away a few times but he's young, that will happen. He showed more strength on the ball than I've seen, he got his head up more and played his left-sided partner in a few times. And he scored a cracking goal too. Overall, I was very pleased.

Mirallas - Two goals and two assists. That is a MOTM performance if ever there was one, I couldn't possibly give it to any one else. In that first half he was absolutely brilliant. Yes, he faded in the second half but that was to be expected really. I think giving him a free role behind the striker was a masterstroke by Moyes. Seeing as he's getting used to playing for us and in a new league letting him roam without too much responsibility was the right move. And roam he did. He popped up everywhere; left of midfield, right of midfield, central midfield, upfront. Because of this he found so much space. Often, he was completely on his own. It was only against Leyton Orient but all the signs point to us having a quality player on our hands.

Anichebe - Another player I've seen getting a lot of stick about his performance but I didn't think he was that bad in all honesty, and I am no fan of Vic by any stretch of the imagination! I thought he ran a lot more and at least tried to use his strength a bit. An he got himself on the scoresheet. He was just a bit wasteful in possession when he could have played others in which frustrated me. He tired horribly towards the end of the game though and it made me wish we hadn't used all of our subs so we could get him off.

Just a word on the three youngsters we brought on. Duffy and Garbutt looked very good. Duffy, in particular, slotted right in. Barkley, apart from maybe one or two occasions, was a bit disappointing. He was trying too hard, IMO.

It won't be easy but we shoulden't be looking at anything other than a win (at least we are not against a top flight team), the form we are in we can beat anyone in the Premiership never mind the lower leagues, I'm sure with a performance like the one last night we can have ourselves safely in the next round.

When is the match?

"Mirallas got on the end of Leighton Baines's cross to fire his second and Everton's third..."

...according to the commentary on the BBC highlights tonighthuh.png .

While the camera was showing Kev scoring from a pass from Maggie from just outside the "D"dont know.gif .