IGNORED

Leyton Orient

MikeO

5 - 0 represents a truly fine outcome, nobody could have seen that coming, even on the back of the two recent league games. The delay I heard was for an influx of people arriving at the stadium tonight, and quite a healthy crowd for this game at 25,000. Only the one extra goal after the interval to add to the four beforehand but pleased for Mirallas to get his goals. Nine goals in three games against all competition this season isn't bad whichever way you look at it. I expected a win before time, but nothing on this scale. Hopefully a decent draw in Round three and see where it takes us.

I doubt we'll go 4-4-2 away from home. Think we'll be unchanged from Villa if Neville's fit. If not I can see Coleman for Neville as the only change.

We pretty much always do though. Just with Fellaini (or Cahill in previous seasons) dropping a bit deeper when we don't have possession. Mirallas can do that too.

Cracking game (summed most of it up in the MOTM thread). Bit sad to see Baines, Jagielka and Neville come off with injuries but hopefully they'll be alright for the weekend.

It was rather humerous to see a dog on the pitch too as it appears Tim Howard is terrified of them.

There has to be a terminology for the fear of canines but damned if I know it. What is it with dogs getting loose on the Goodison Pitch so often. I feel nobody will want to face us in Round 3, regardless of opposition. Maybe finally, next March, we can finally win this damn trophy that has proved so elusive, even if most people berate it as an insignificant pursuit. Our league cup record is pretty poor, this would be a good opportunity to finally rectify something.

Id love to give my account of the 1st half but sadly spent the first 40m in a queue for the tickets. Just to pick them up. Utter joke, 6000 people going for pick up meant the staff where completely overwhelmed.

Finally got in to see Vics goal spill under the keeper, shouldve been stopped. I wish he'd gone off at half time, I dont remember being so embarrassed by a player in a blue shirt, he was shocking,

Maggies goal was very well taken (credit to him, Coleman for the pull back and Naismith to pick out Seamus with a cracking pass). Garbutt looked handy, Duffy made some very good blocks but some silly balls too. Barkley was very disappointing, kept losing the ball and if he did complete a pass it was backwards...

Anyway, just wanted to bitch about the joke of the ticket organizing,,,

Id love to give my account of the 1st half but sadly spent the first 40m in a queue for the tickets. Just to pick them up. Utter joke, 6000 people going for pick up meant the staff where completely overwhelmed.

I wondered why so many people were coming in so late, a few people around me only made it in the ground for the 30 minute mark, count yourself lucky that KO was delayed!

I wondered why so many people were coming in so late, a few people around me only made it in the ground for the 30 minute mark, count yourself lucky that KO was delayed!

pretty much missed the 1st half, delaying 15m when there was still 2000+ people waiting to pick the tickets up was a joke.

cant blame everton for the delay for the past few games they have warned the fans to turn up early.

I can and will - they didnt get the tickets in the post quick enough so there were too many left over to pick up. Average pickup on match day is 500 people apparently (told by the staff), today there were over 6000. Poor organization and just sticking a notice on the website doesnt really matter if people arent finishing work til 18h and dont get to the ground til 19h.

Finally got in to see Vics goal spill under the keeper, shouldve been stopped. I wish he'd gone off at half time, I dont remember being so embarrassed by a player in a blue shirt, he was shocking,

Maggies goal was very well taken (credit to him, Coleman for the pull back and Naismith to pick out Seamus with a cracking pass). Garbutt looked handy, Duffy made some very good blocks but some silly balls too. Barkley was very disappointing, kept losing the ball and if he did complete a pass it was backwards...

I usually defend Vic, but that was a piss poor performance at times it was like watching Kevin Campbell strolling around doing fuck all and always looking doing the easy thing be it a shitty little pass or a lazy shot. An unforgivable performance when there is so much competition at the club now he should be doing his best to force himself in to the starting 11. He showed absolutely no respect to our fans or the O's with that half assed performance, Nyarko got choked for less.

Thought Barkley was unlucky when Miralles took the ball of his toe and with us being 5 up and a man down there was no real pressure to get forward for him to shine. Agree Garbutt and Duffy done well.

Thought the subs were tactical, only Nev was injured?

No, in the first 2-3 minutes Baines picked up a knock and it seemed to be playing with him throughout the first half, I think he was taken off as a precaution. Jagielka on the other hand appeared to pull his hamstring as around the 40 minute mark he kept holding it and held it all the way to the tunnel when the half-time whistle blew.

I can and will - they didnt get the tickets in the post quick enough so there were too many left over to pick up. Average pickup on match day is 500 people apparently (told by the staff), today there were over 6000. Poor organization and just sticking a notice on the website doesnt really matter if people arent finishing work til 18h and dont get to the ground til 19h.

Sounds like a repeat of the Metalist game in '07.....only sorted when they gave up giving out the tickets and just let people in. Missed around thirty minutes of that I think.

Still have the email exchange I had with the club after, including...

“We need to know precisely what happened – and once we have established all the salient facts we will let our supporters have them,”

Heard nothing after thatrolleyes.gif.

There has to be a terminology for the fear of canines but damned if I know it. What is it with dogs getting loose on the Goodison Pitch so often. I feel nobody will want to face us in Round 3, regardless of opposition. Maybe finally, next March, we can finally win this damn trophy that has proved so elusive, even if most people berate it as an insignificant pursuit. Our league cup record is pretty poor, this would be a good opportunity to finally rectify something.

It's called Google. It will tell you anything you want to know, for free. It's kind of amazing like that.

Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fear+of+canines

--

Didn't hear much from the commentary about Vic, and with him scoring I sort of assumed he had himself a half decent game. Sad to hear that he doesn't seem to have his head in it. Heitinga in for Jags is no real loss, if at all, but if Baines took a sore one too we might all of a sudden be short at the back.

Any word on highlights from this game?

after watchin them...the vic goal was certainly better hit than mirallas' second..although i feel the keeper should've saved both at least vics looked towards the corner rather than right at him which mirallas' was..the first goal was a nice finish though and nice touch from him for ossie's goal...and gueye's finish was excellent after the cross from coleman..nice to see him gettin his head up to pick a man out :)