IGNORED

2012 Summer Transfer Window

Well now that the window has closed, we have seen Cahill, Yobo and Rodwell depart and 6 players come in

How pleased, or otherwise are you?

Has the fairy transfer godmother done a decent job ? ( Seeing as BK has nothing to do with it ! )

Does BK deserve any credit?

Personally I think BK and Moyes have done a fantastic job, we have kept all of our top players and brought in some real quality so Im highly delighted

Even more so because the Shite have spent more than us but their fans have gone into meltdown over the Dempsey saga!

Lol just read this after I posted and it sums up my feelings nicely!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/09/01/royal-blue-everton-fc-show-player-trading-works-if-you-re-canny-traders-100252-31739840/

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Very plesed mate and I really can't see how any other Blue won't feel the same way!!

We've seen the departure of three none essential players and brought in four that will improve Our starting line-up from the word go..had a great start to the league for a change, It's all positive being a Blue so far yay.gif

Oviedo - Not seen Him play tbh but cover for Baines was needed and will no doubt cover for Pienaar when "that" time comes

Kennedy - Again not seen but He's abviously one for the future

Naismith - We've already seen that He's a good player and has slotted in straight away, a great bit of buisness!

Pienaar - No introduction needed, The fee may have been higher then We'd have liked but He's is and was a much needed cog in Our system

Mirallas - Looks the part so far a player I'm very excited about seeing more of and for a low fee in todays world!

Ofoe - This fella is the buisness and a very big suprise for Me. I'm very very chuffed to be getting Him!

All the people who do the dealings behind the scenes have done a great job this time around and I'm feeling very optimistic!

I've seen people moaning about our business this window and I've been totally baffled by it it tbh.

I think we've done great business and I couldn't be happier with it. Moyes, Round, the scouts, BK, everyone involved deserve big pats on the back. We're used to panic signing on deadline day but everything seemed calm, and even if we hadn't made signings yesterday all of us would still have been pretty happy with the transfer window as a whole. That speaks volumes.

Like I said in another post, we may be down on numbers compared to when we ended last season but we're definiely up on quality.

Im well happy. Some of these signings seem to be pure genious. Naismith, mirallas and ofoe. Im not including Pienaar cause he was a no brainer.

Oviedo can become a great signing. He is well known in scandinavia, but the danish league is nowhere near the PL. Hoping he steps up to the plate quickly because we are going to need him.

I've seen people moaning about our business this window and I've been totally baffled by it it tbh.

I think we've done great business and I couldn't be happier with it. Moyes, Round, the scouts, BK, everyone involved deserve big pats on the back. We're used to panic signing on deadline day but everything seemed calm, and even if we hadn't made signings yesterday all of us would still have been pretty happy with the transfer window as a whole. That speaks volumes.

Like I said in another post, we may be down on numbers compared to when we ended last season but we're definiely up on quality.

This^^. For me y'day was more about keeping our players, and any that come in is a bonus.

Yeah I agree

I know what Hafs take on it is but I cant say I understand it. I saw I qote on twitter this morning from someone who refused to give any credit to BK or the staff saying " Support the team not the Board"

I just dont get it, if we hadnt signed anyone everyone would be saying its BKs fault, yet when we do sign people its got nothing to do with him

All this of spending big or not this summer’s transfer window – there are worries and complaints on most premier forums to be honest. It depends what sort of figures one uses. If you take and add up EXPENDITURE for new players and simply DEDUCT money when you sell your players off I think that’s the most reliable way of doing it, as all clubs ALSO release players. Therefore, on the table below the highest spenders (after balancing incoming & outgoing) appear first, those who sell more than buy will be near the bottom then …

How does it come out? Well, very surprising!!:

Chelsea FC -90.948.000 £

Manchester United -47.163.600 £

Manchester City -35.112.000 £

Southampton FC -33.176.000 £

Liverpool FC -28.292.000 £

Aston Villa -19.562.400 £

Queens Park Rangers -16.794.800 £

West Ham United -15.967.600 £

Stoke City -14.291.200 £

Sunderland AFC -13.728.000 £

Norwich City -9.213.600 £

Reading FC -5.192.000 £

Newcastle United -3.489.200 £

West Bromwich Albion -2.200.000 £

Everton FC +748.000 £

Tottenham Hotspur +1.742.400 £

Wigan Athletic +2.257.200 £

Swansea City +5.693.600 £

Arsenal FC +11.484.000 £

Fulham FC +17.318.400 £

Thoughts, both on Everton and the others ? …

All this of spending big or not this summer’s transfer window – there are worries and complaints on most premier forums to be honest. It depends what sort of figures one uses. If you take and add up EXPENDITURE for new players and simply DEDUCT money when you sell your players off I think that’s the most reliable way of doing it, as all clubs ALSO release players. Therefore, on the table below the highest spenders (after balancing incoming & outgoing) appear first, those who sell more than buy will be near the bottom then …

That's a big explanation when you can say 'net spend' instead.

GUYS. I'll say it again. His name is not Ofoe. He is called Odjidja. Vadis Odjidja. No one ever says the "Ofoe" part of his name. wink.png

Someone needs to tell Everton...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/09/01/ofoe-deal-agreed

What is the "Ofoe" part then? Is it some sort of family name or title from his Ghanaian heritage?

Plainly not simply double-barrelled as in Shaun Wright-Phillips....he would never be called just "Wright" or "Phillips".

http://www.evertonfc...foe-deal-agreed

What is the "Ofoe" part then? Is it some sort of family name or title from his Ghanaian heritage?

Plainly not simply double-barrelled as in Shaun Wright-Phillips....he would never be called just "Wright" or "Phillips".

He calls himself Vadis Odjidja, Club Bruges calls him Vadis Odjidja, his teammates call him Vadis Odjidja, his friends call him Vadis Odjidja, on TV everyone calles him Vadis Odjidja and all the media, newspapers and sports sites leave out the Ofoe.

It's like Luis Suarez. No one says Luis Suarez Diaz, right? You don't say the "Diaz". Neither do you say the "Ofoe". It's Vadis Odjidja. and "Vadis Odjidja" is just as Ghanaian as "Ofoe", cause, neither is Belgian tongue.png

Edited by Mirallas

http://www.evertonfc...foe-deal-agreed

Ofoe seems to be a common family name in Ghana, on the OS it's Vadis' name is double-barrelled.

He calls himself Vadis Odjidja, Club Bruges calls him Vadis Odjidja, his teammates call him Vadis Odjidja, his friends call him Vadis Odjidja, on TV everyone calles him Vadis Odjidja and all the media, newspapers and sports sites leave out the Ofoe.

It's like Luis Suarez. No one says Luis Suarez Diaz, right? You don't say the "Diaz". Neither do you say the "Ofoe". It's Vadis Odjidja. and "Vadis Odjidja" is just as Ghanaian as "Ofoe", cause, neither is Belgian tongue.png

Wasn't disagreeing with you....just asking if you knew the national/cultural/historical reason for it....because it's different to how it's done in the UKhuh.png .

Yeah I was reasonably pleased with all the latest acquisitions. Cahill simply wasn't the player he used to be, Yobo wasn't the end of the world, and I thought Rodwell was sometimes over exaggerated and we got a decent price. Surprised at the number of players brought in, a number of names I had never heard of, so every reason to be skeptical, but we'll give them a chance to see what they can produce in any event. Watch this space in a few months time

If the speculative numbers above are near the truth then im even more chuffed about the summer transfers. We got rid of a player who was near the starting XI and replaced him with 2 near and 2 who perhaps should be in the starting XI aswell as Pienaar who definatly is in the starting XI. (near being Oviedo and Odjidja, perhaps should being Naismith and Mirallas)

All of this and still have more than 700 000 pounds left over?

Liverpool spent 28.3 mil? On what?

Yeah what I notice is that EFC has a wide core of quality players for all positions and perhaps even a bit of an excess. I think Moyes will try to find fixed players who will be first choice on each position, and then for instance on the positions of attacking midfield and strikers sell on the first in the pecking order to a bigger club for heaps of money and have the next one in the pecking order ready for duty by that moment, so that EFC doesn't get weaker, but does get richer.

Edited by Mirallas

In = £12 million (145)

Naismith - free (40)

Pienaar - 4.5 (N/A)

Miralles - 5.3 (45)

Oviedo - 1.2 (25)

McLaughlin - undisclosed; performance based and an Everton XI game (say .8 to round the tally up)

Kennedy - nominal .2

Ofoe - loan (30)

Out - 16.3 (110)

Cahill - 1 (60)

Yobo - 2.5 (N/A)

Wallace - .5

Forshaw - <.1

Silva - .3

Rodwell - 12 (30)

McFadden - released (20)

All estimates as the OS has them all as undisclosed or nominal. However if the ball park figures are right we should be a few mil up that should be enough to buy Ofoe outright and still break even. Although a small rise in wages. Note I haven't included Yobo as he hasn't been on the books for the last 2 years and have neglected Pienaar as we had him on loan last season.