IGNORED

Gibson takes international football sabbatical

Louis

http://www.irishtime...4323477336.html

"When Darron informed me of his decision to withdraw, I called him to talk things through," said the manager in an FAI statement this afternoon. "As we embark upon a brand new campaign, he is very much in my plans and I consider him to be a key player for this campaign.

"However, Darron has said that although he doesn't want to let annyone down, he doesn't feel ready to return to the squad for this fixture after the disappointment of Euro 2012.

"I hope Darron will take this time to reflect positvely on his international career and return to us in time for the Germany (October 12th) game in October."

I can't blame him for being disappointed with not getting a game at Euro 2012, especially when the people in front of him in the pecking order were Keith Andrews and Glen Whelan but to opt out of the squad seems to be pretty petty.

It was a bit confusing because just before the tournament started the old goat was saying that Gibson was a key player and that he'd improved a lot by coming and playing regularly for me.

I think it showed that it really does matter who you play for, because before moving here he played a lot for his country.

Edited by Romey 1878

Guest blueboy122

It was a bit confusing because just before the tournament started the old goat was saying that Gibson was a key player and that he'd improved a lot by coming and playing regularly for me.

I think it showed that it really does matter who you play for, because before moving here he played a lot for his country.

Exactly another example will be Rodwell, he will be in every England squad now for the rest of his life....Shocking.

I dont know how sunday league player andrews played ahead of Gibson...Shocker. I thought the gibson would be ideal for international football as well with his playing style.

Trap is disillusional being Irish I can tell you first hand

He'll play Andrews and Whelan even fucking Green ahead of Gibbo, even Coleman cant get a look in, who imo is the best player Ireland have

Zero Scouting on young lads...has his fixed 11 and thats it, boring typical old school Italian negative tactics it really is a chore to watch

Backed Ireland not to score a goal in the Euros Pissed when they did

Edited by bluemist

From what I can ascertain, Italian managers rarely do well for other countries rather than their own nation. I expect Capello to not make any waves in Russia, but it's just another paycheck isn't it. It's not as if he needs the fucking money. Hiddink did a fine job I remember, the latest installment won't make any impact I'm sure of it.

Don't have a bad word to say about Giovanni Trapatoni, I thought before time the Irish Republic may do well in Poland and Ukraine this past summer, but they went out with a whimper. Can't really castigate 'boring, typical Italian negative tactics' either, after the last 12 years has seen two European Championship Finals and a World Cup Win, so they must be making some progress. It doesn't work for the Republic, because they simply don't have the same caliber of players at their disposal. Above all else, you can appreciate Gibsons frustrations, but I go along with the decision.

• 5 months later...

I do not want Gibson playing against Sweden. Not just because I don't want his qualities in the Irish team but mostly because I don't want him facing Pontus Wernbloom in the midfield. Wernbloom is a killer with ruthless, reckless tackles. Hard as nails. Imagine De Jong and Heitinga with a bit of Gravesen. Thats Wernbloom. (I absolutely love the guy, just don't want him facing Everton players.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXt7PR492iw

Welcome to Europe Neymar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kZpFpRpdO0

cant agree with this sorry!

You should be honoured to be asked to play for your country and if a manager does not pick you for WHATEVER reason, then you need to prove yourself, or when the next manager comes in, prove yourself to him.

When given the opportunity you need to grab it with both hands and realise just how privileged you are.

I can understand being pissed, but when you are asked to play and given a chance? then why not take it?

Gibson you are a great player and one of the most under-rated in the prem, but please take a leaf out of Ossies book. He was overlooked until the age of 31 and when given the chance, showed them what a mistake they have een making over the last so many years.