IGNORED

Swansea (away)

Droobie

Early game - which means a decent time here in Oz.

After ManU and Villa, we would have said this one's in the bag, but after WBA and Newcastle... We have to get a result in this game if we are to make a serious start this season.

Gaffer will probably stick with the same team, except Naismith coming on for Jelavic. Neville & Osman in the middle again. Not what we want, but predictably what DM will go for.

I would say a win here... 2-0 with Osman & Mirallas to score!

I'm going, it's good to only have to travel 30 miles to see us play, the only downside is sitting amongst a load of Swansea fans, im going to have to be very quiet. They can be a mad lot!! :) I can see Bryan O coming on at some point especially if we are 2-0 up, maybe give baines a bit of a rest, and then he'll start versus leeds

I think the way Swansea set up will suit us. We did well against them last year and completely shut them down as an attacking force with good pressure on the ball and high energy. Im sure we will do the same again. I would stick with Felli & Vic upfront and get them to really bully the Swansea back four. Vic deserves the chance after the other night to show that he can follow that performance up with another productive game. If he wants to play for us, especially as more than just a sub, he needs to show that he isnt just a one hit wonder and that he is finally getting some consistency into his game.

The only other players I would change would be Neville and Distin. He simply isnt good enough to play week in week out and on Monday he constantly created problems for his teammates. If the younger players cant contribute as much as he is then we have serious problems for the future.

Disitn was all over the place at times on Monday, his inability to read the game was worrying. It cost us a goal as well as several other goal scoring opportunities. Jags didnt do himself many favours either but he was better than Distin. Heitinga needs to come in and bring back the calmness we need in the back four. When things start going tits up Heitinga is a rock whereas Distin just continues to make errors.

Anyone buying into the absence of Gibson accounting for our recent amount of sloppy goals conceded?

As much as Neville has been rubbish, he hasn't been at fault for any of the goals, so I wouldn't say Gibson would have been able to stop them. Howard, Jags, and Distin have been very poor and should have prevented most the goals we have conceded.

Can't see Moyes not giving Big Vic a chance but, if he does lets hope the team play to his strengths.

He's at his best with his back to the goal and the ball played to feet, laying it of to Mirallas or Pienaar to run onto, or he could just turn and smash it into the net if he wants.

Baines and Pienaar to rip down the left.......whilst on the right we also have the threat of Hibbert and Neville.

If Mirallas doesn't score.....it wont be for the want of not trying.

Message to central defence.........................................DON'T GO TO FUCKING SLEEP.

2-0 Everton.....Mirallas with at least one.

i think we will win but people are taking swansea lightly imo. They have some good players, Michu, Dyer in the middle are both playing well at the moment, we need Fellaini back in the middle. I know there is some doubt about Hibbert, hate to say it might not be a bad thing sad.png it would keep Neville away from midfield and into right back and probably force Fellaini back into the middle. I don't see Moyes dropping Distin as he is the left footer, but it's him that should be dropped(if either are that is) i think it will be a good game.

Edited by theprisoner

Haven't been to Swansea City stadia since it was the Vetch Field in the 1990s, and it's a really nice arena apparently now, they are doing well for themselves since Rogers made an error and went north, and I don't expect an easy game. should have been three wins out of four by now if not for Monday nights match officiating ineptitude, but we need to get back to where we were before with the fine start, but I don't feel it will be tomorrow. It'll be a difficult venue with some decent players.

Swansea City 1 Everton 1

Worried our unlucky streak is going to continue. Apparently, despite all our optimism, we have the same number of points / games as we did last year.

Which unlucky streak Matt? huh.png

I think we have to hold our hands up and say the team have gotten what they deserved so far this season. We deserved to beat United and Villa, we deserved to get beat by West Brom, and we deserved a draw against Newcastle for switching off and not killing the game off.

We are at our most vulnerable when we have scored, and that is something Moyes needs to work on. As much as we were deprived of a few goals, it doesn't hide the fact we were complacent.

Not going to lie, I'm not feeling too optimistic about our ability to put the ball in the net with Jelavic out. I feel like this is going to have to be a game where we get individual brilliance from Fellaini or Baines or get a scrappy goal and hold down the fort defensively if we want to get the 3 points.

Edited by thoward18

You could watch it by going through the Yellow Door.

Yes the Yellow door, it is a lemon entry my dear Watson.

(I saw your quote and assumed you would be a fan.....major%20overreaction%20alert.gif

(I'll get me coat leggit.gif )

Hahaha very nice :D

I dont know why I like that quote so much, I am always trying to find ways to use it but it is just too difficult...

Anyways, i am happy both heitinga and coleman are starting, finally moyes is showing some good sense in giving heitinga a chance and I think coleman can do a great job out right... Wwe finall have options!

1 M. Vorm

6 A. Williams

5 A. Tate

22 Àngel Rangel

33 B. Davies

20 J. de Guzman

15 W. Routledge

24 Sung-Yong Ki

11 Pablo Hernández

9 Michu

10 D. Graham

24 T. Howard

5 J. Heitinga

6 P. Jagielka

3 L. Baines

22 S. Pienaar

18 P. Neville

21 L. Osman

23 S. Coleman

25 M. Fellaini

11 K. Mirallas

28 V. Anichebe

Been in bed since 8:00 last night because I'm full of a cold. Swansea only lost 4 games at home last season but one of them was against us when we won 2-0. I think we can take these, we should have beaten Newcastle and IMO they are a better side than the Swans, if we have Fellaini deep and we have Heitinga/Jagielka then we will do alright, Heitinga wll be a bigger boost than we think given that he's so determined to get into the first team.

Sorry if that post dosen't make sense, I can hardly see my laptop.