IGNORED

favourite tipple

Matt

ok. Im bored and a bit tipsy.... So to entertain myself, Ive asked myself the following:

1/ Favourite beer - Guinness, though its technically a stout

2/ Favourite spirit - whiskey

3/ If applicable, what brand of your favourite spirit - Tough one because I love single malt Scotch but there are some bourbons too (influenced by my in-laws being based in Kentucky).... Probably laphroaig or lagavulin though I did try a 25yr local cognac that was epic too.

1. Guinness. (Stout is beer by the way although not a lager or an ale)

2. Hardly touch the stuff. but Vodka I think is currently my favourite. Used to be Pernod. Voddy and coke is ok. But so is Rum and coke, come to think of it Rum is my favourite after all. Maybe. A nice dark rum or a voddy.

3. Woods.

Too late for me to put enough effort in to dwindle down my favourite, so just to be included I'll name what I've recently enjoyed.

1) Blonde Witch, but I'm not too fussy. Anything other than Foster's, Carlsberg, or Budweiser (although the Bud Ice is ok).

2) Ditto, like a single malt myself, but tend to only have it on special occasions. Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea is perfect on a sunny day, and I've just swapped from that to Morgan's Spiced rum or Havana.

Least favourites: Gin, cheap vodka/brandy, and winter Pimm's. Jack Daniels honey deserves a special mention for being vile beyond belief.

Too late for me to put enough effort in to dwindle down my favourite, so just to be included I'll name what I've recently enjoyed.

1) Blonde Witch, but I'm not too fussy. Anything other than Foster's, Carlsberg, or Budweiser (although the Bud Ice is ok).

2) Ditto, like a single malt myself, but tend to only have it on special occasions. Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea is perfect on a sunny day, and I've just swapped from that to Morgan's Spiced rum or Havana.

Least favourites: Gin, cheap vodka/brandy, and winter Pimm's. Jack Daniels honey deserves a special mention for being vile beyond belief.

agree on JD, the devils piss in my opinion. Gin though, cant agree mate, G&T on a sunny day is wonderful!

agree on JD, the devils piss in my opinion. Gin though, cant agree mate, G&T on a sunny day is wonderful!

I don't see the apple-peel wink.png , really doesn't agree with my pallet. To be fair the first time I tried it I used a pint glass and filled the gin to around a 3rd, not enough lime in the world to mask the flavour.

I don't see the apple-peel wink.png , really doesn't agree with my pallet. To be fair the first time I tried it I used a pint glass and filled the gin to around a 3rd, not enough lime in the world to mask the flavour.

rookie mistake! perfect hot day drink, shoud be more tonic and ice than gin, makes it more refreshing!

I don't have a favorite alcoholic drink, been through all sorts as far back as I can remember it. Probably done my liver no favors but there's plenty like that, really cut down in the last 10 years or so though.

In no order of preference

Unions

Guinness

Red Stripe

Malt Whisky, Famous Grouse more often than not

Lambs Navy Rum

Grolsch

Advocaat

(I never mix drinks now incidentally, can drink fucking endless supplies of the same beverage without getting too inebriated, but mix 'em,.. then it becomes a problem I always found)

It's after 3-30am and we've just got home, but tonight we had Unions, Kronenbourg 1664 and Captain Morgan, I should have known better. I'm trying hard to cut down on all of this now. Sunday night is liquor night. Used to go out on a saturday but too many fucking idiots looking for trouble, we don't need that. I'd rather participate sober, it's not as much fun as some would believe.

• 2 weeks later...

There won't be no repeat of the above tomorrow, as we invariably go out Sunday night and tonight is no exception, but for the purpose of this thread will be indulging in this beverage tonight. This is some seriously strong shit and not for everybody and I usually find six or seven is enough, and home again, but I came across this fun piece about, what appears to be, some 'poorly clothed and limited means Crystal Palace supporters group' getting out of their depth with the drink in question.

As someone once said, 'When making a decider, think K Cider'.

Not for fucking kids.

We're about ready to go. Goodnight.

I know it does!! I was at a Beer Festival and had to choose what to put in it, a mate run up to me and was like, you'll want something 'light'....well the 'light' ale, was in fact Perry, 7.2% fizzy perry. oooooh the bubbles....
crying.gif

But couple that with the 18 halves of real ales....it hurt.

• 4 months later...