IGNORED

FA Cup draw

MikeO

runners up go in..no league place as far as i know

Runners up would get the Europa League spot if Chelsea already qualified for the Champions League, but does the same count if they only qualify for the Europa League via fifth place or would the other Europa League spot then go to the sixth placed team?

Edited by Steve_E

Runners up would get the Europa League spot if Chelsea already qualified for the Champions League, but does the same count if they only qualify for the Europa League via fifth place or would the other Europa League spot then go to the sixth placed team?

No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2291534/Wigan-Blackburn-Millwall-likely-join-Swansea-Europa-League-FA-Cup.html

The way the Premier League puts it makes it sound a bit ambiguous (and hopeful) in the first sentence...

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

"...In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify...."

But this is the relevant bit....

"Should the FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Football League Cup winners already have qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Premier League."
In short.....there is no possible way sixth will be a Europa place.

I read something in the Daily Mail the other week that said 6th place would still qualify for Europe if Chelsea win the Cup and finish 5th

ie the runners up only get Europe if the winners have qualified for Champions League

As I said above, that's not the case...regulation is...

"Should the FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Football League Cup winners already have qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Premier League."

I hope they get stuffed in the final.

Edit: I hate Wigan but glad that they beat Millwall, I wouldn't want 'fans' like theirs making England look bad in Europe. There was nearly fighting in the Wigan stand too though, both their fans had to be separated.

Edited by Zoo

Fuck off, they've already played it ?

Goddamn it, I wasn't even aware it had been played, Yes Millwall lost 0 - 2 ? Thought at least it was tomorrow but wasn't even giving it any thought until reading the above responses. I missed it. would have wanted the South Londoners to have got through again after 2004 but it wasn't to be. So Manchester City and whoever they play is tomorrow then ? I haven't been keeping up with things in my defense.

Quit with all the stereotypical bullshit image of supporters also. And England already have a reputation in Europe, you think one more club with a bit of history to their name will make much difference ?. They've been in Europe before anyway. UEFA cup 2004-05 to be exact. A little sad to see them exit after getting so close again, but Wigan will be stronger opposition to the other finalists though.

They went into Europe but were shite and I don't really see how you would want a team to win who's fans can't control themselves for 90 minutes.

Wigan meet either Chelsea or Manchester City in the final. Chelsea are surely favourites for the cup now!

fishing.gif

Well Liverpool have been in Europe a few times haven't they. I missed the Manchester United replay obviously, can't keep a check on soccer games and scores day in day out. But only Manchester City can stop them winning the trophy now, I don't care about anyones animosity towards them, can only hope they beat those plastic fucks out of sight, but the way things have been going lately, you know damn well what's going to occur.

I maybe wanted a second division side to win again for the first time since 1980, but that's dead in the water now. I don't think it'll ever occur again in my lifetime.

Apparently it only started when one or two caused a scene by giving abuse to some twelve year old Millwall girl for - 'not singing' and her parent took umbrage and an argument ensued and you can pretty much take it from there. The belligerents were intoxicated by all reports and other individuals may have been equally inebriated which only fuelled the situation. Doubtless some blow-job hacks or sub standard cunt news publications will have a field day by not giving the bigger picture and simply an excuse in bringing the clubs name further into the mire and encouraging the world and it's wife to condemn. Needless to say, by looking at a film clip or one individuals account, won't give you the full story. All started by the above from what I can ascertain and it's been discussed on various club pages but haven't looked in on House Of Fun as of yet, but that's pretty much what went down today.

Doubtless some blow-job hacks or sub standard cunt news publications will have a field day by not giving the bigger picture and simply an excuse in bringing the clubs name further into the mire and encouraging the world and it's wife to condemn.

What "bigger picture" can they give? You expect the press not to report it?

Millwall fans have brought themselves into the mire (again), media have nothing to do with it; the world and his wife are right to condemn.

Apparently it only started when one or two caused a scene by giving abuse to some twelve year old Millwall girl for - 'not singing' and her parent took umbrage and an argument ensued and you can pretty much take it from there.

It all started because two brothers couldn't decide who would get first go on their sister.

That's not even amusing, and just being flippant to a serious incident today

And fair enough, the club has earned it's reputation the hard way, but they're always going to be at a disadvantage when the slightest incident breaks out or anything unsavory occurs. Once again, it was a peaceful enough scene, until one or two got a bit rowdy, and a disturbance broke out and things got out of hand. I would have protected by daughter in the same scenario, no chance of just sitting back and allowing some individuals to upset her. Only stating it wasn't quite the way as some portrayed it, least of all some miserable news rags tomorrow, as you will doubtless read.

Course, if it had been a Wigan scuffle, Mrs Smith eating a fucking blancmange in Huddersfield would maybe have got more of an attention. They can't win.