IGNORED

Capoue

Would be very happy to get him. Strong, athletic, good on the ball. I remember he was nominated for Young Player of the Year a couple years back (cause Hazard won) so he was definitely rated very highly in France. Apparently, he's even made his debut for France's national team.

And I think we could use a defensive midfielder, especially an athletic one like Capoue.

haven't got £10-£12m so not true unless a high profile departure on cards which Moyes has consistently ruled out

Robert Ambrose@BertieBassett85

@GregOK @n10hairbear These are supposed "Reliable sources", Greg. Is there a chance they could get an advance on next years TV money? Openen

so far we've been told that's a non starter

Too bad.

Edited by Steve_E

rumours coming out of france saying hes having medical tomorrow,and fellaini is leaving,if we could get 2 quality players with fellaini money id take it.

Have to agree, I think as much as fellaini has been a monster in some games, he's been anonymous in quite a few to, wouldn't mind getting 25+ million and replacing with 2-3 players, starting with this guy and also another striker, and moyes has an eye for a good buy (and occasionally a bad one)

Edited by mogsy

Yeah his record is better for buying decent players then buying rubbish players. I can only think off a few which weren't up to the standard. Billy, Beattie, Johnson, Yakubu and that was at the end of his stay. He was good in his first season then got injured and was never the same in a blue shirt. This is a non goer though, we don't have any money. It would be good to get him on loan first and then say we will pay you this much.....

Moyesy has made a few squiffy signings...

Richard Wright

Per Kroldrup

Simon Davies

Beattie

AJ

VDM

However he has made some peaches...

TC

Arteta

Baines

Jags

Howard

Felli

Coleman

Pienaar

Andy Johnson wasn't bad imo. VDM was also a great player despite the issues.

AJ was bad at Everton, I don't think he is a rubbish player though. He has the ability, he had shown that at Crystal Palace, but unfortunately for us he couldn't find that form at Everton. VDM, was a quality player, but with his injuries, issues meant he wasn't going to go very far. Plus I don't think Simon Davies was that bad either, don't get me wrong he wasn't an exciting player.

AJ was bad at Everton in my opinion. I don't think he is a rubbish player though. He has the ability, he had shown that at Crystal Palace, but unfortunately for us he couldn't find that form at Everton. VDM, was a quality player, but with his injuries, issues meant he wasn't going to go very far. Plus I don't think Simon Davies was that bad either, don't get me wrong he wasn't an exciting player.

Fixed. dry.png

AJ was bad at Everton, I don't think he is a rubbish player though. He has the ability, he had shown that at Crystal Palace, but unfortunately for us he couldn't find that form at Everton. VDM, was a quality player, but with his injuries, issues meant he wasn't going to go very far. Plus I don't think Simon Davies was that bad either, don't get me wrong he wasn't an exciting player.

AJ was very sought after, he was an out and out striker for Palace. For us, he was used in the channels far too often. When he did resume his strikers role (Everton 3 - 0 Liverpool), he was unplayable at times. Moyes didn't use AJ properly (IMO).

we have discussed this before, but I also have to comment on the Yak.

(

Yeah his record is better for buying decent players then buying rubbish players. I can only think off a few which weren't up to the standard. Billy, Beattie, Johnson, Yakubu and that was at the end of his stay. He was good in his first season then got injured and was never the same in a blue shirt. This is a non goer though, we don't have any money. It would be good to get him on loan first and then say we will pay you this much.....

The Yak was absolutely brilliant in his first season. Loved the guy.

Agree on:

Richard Wright

Per Kroldrup

Simon Davies

Beattie

Dont agree on AJ. Im with ten here. Was not used properly.

AJ was very sought after, he was an out and out striker for Palace. For us, he was used in the channels far too often. When he did resume his strikers role (Everton 3 - 0 Liverpool), he was unplayable at times. Moyes didn't use AJ properly (IMO).

ah hem.... I think that could be applied to many of the strikers that he has converted into his "defensive striker/winger" role.

Blimey he even used the one paced beattie to work the channels, along with the Yak, Saha, and now we are seeing it with Jelavic. The amount of time his strikers spend out wide and not in the penalty area is a joke.

The one player he had that was ideal for what he wanted out of a striker was Marcus Bent - fast, strong, run all day. He may as well have never bought Yak, AJ or Beattie as he took them away from the 18 yard box with direct balls up channels. He may as well have got Doyle, Hunt, Kuyt, Park, Kevin Davies etc.

I get it that it is moyesies way and he likes to have a hard working 11 - but I do feel it takes the strikers away from where defenders don't want them. I watched the games where torres came into a bit of form - he was splitting the centre halves, not running out wide to get the ball. Shearer was the best at doing a bit of both, he would come deep to get the ball, hold it, release it to the oncoming winger and get right in the box to finish things off.

Don't disagree with you Haf. I was just pointing out that AJ wasn't a bad buy...he was a good buy, used incorrectly. And as you've pointed out, that happened to a few others as well, JB and Yak included.

First season Yak was unplayable as a striker, give him a sniff and he'd score. He was lazy...but he'd score. When Moyes asked for "more", the goals dried up and the "dropping back" occurred more often. I'd prefer my strikers to put the ball in the back of the net and let the midfielders to the hard work. Yes I'd expect them to chase back passes and the sought, but certainly don't want them EVER entering our defensive half. Or as a lone striker, getting chalk on his boots in the corner. I want a goal hog.

I'd rather have Capoue than M'Vila, he's got a better head on his shoulders. M'Vila last year was incredible, he's still a great player but a little bit of a diva....could be why we're more interested in Capoue? I wouldn't mind either but I think Capoue would suit us better (style wise). M'Vila is definitely an Arsenal type player.

Guidetti and Donovan are two realistic options?

I still believe the money is there and Fellaini is going.

Donovan wouldn't be a loan option now - too late with MLS preseason - he'd have been in on 1st Jan if it was happening on-loan. But permanently?!? Isn't his contract up/talk of retirement or break from MLS?

The question is are there any quality players who would add to our squad available for loan?

... Malouda? Obviously no future down south, worth taking on for 6 months? He knows the league, can turn a game, given our bench and injuries he could be a useful option for the second half of the season. Couldn't see him starting, but for the last 25 minutes of a game I think I'd rather see him getting ready than Naismith.

... Malouda? Obviously no future down south, worth taking on for 6 months? He knows the league, can turn a game, given our bench and injuries he could be a useful option for the second half of the season. Couldn't see him starting, but for the last 25 minutes of a game I think I'd rather see him getting ready than Naismith.

Agree.