IGNORED

Norwich Away (with very little mention of Norwich Away)

Mick8535

Still no answer......................perhaps it was just a 'big' thing to say.....one of those naughty swear words little boys say to get attention.

Perhaps you do actually know her?

Find it strange that you defend her so much. She's up her own arse and a general arsehole, but yeah, I say the word 'cunt' on the forum just for attention. It makes me feel like I'm special.

Find it strange that you defend her so much. She's up her own arse and a general arsehole, but yeah, I say the word 'cunt' on the forum just for attention. It makes me feel like I'm special.

Have no problem with the word....but I have to say I agree that using it to describe Delia Smith is ridiculous, verging on offensive. She's a harmless seventy year old woman; it's not a word that should be used to describe a grandma.

Suarez, Savage, Barton and any number of others no problem.

Have no problem with the word....but I have to say I agree that using it to describe Delia Smith is ridiculous, verging on offensive. She's a harmless seventy year old woman; it's not a word that should be used to describe a grandma.

She's not going to read the post and even if she did she should just brush it off and move along. People get too offended in this day and age. Look at Frankie Boyle for example, the man can't make a joke without getting called for being 'offensive'. People just need to lighten up sometimes and see the funny side of things.

Not that my post is directed at you Mike, just people in general.

She's not going to read the post and even if she did she should just brush it off and move along. People get too offended in this day and age. Look at Frankie Boyle for example, the man can't make a joke without getting called for being 'offensive'. People just need to lighten up sometimes and see the funny side of things.

Not that my post is directed at you Mike, just people in general.

Not getting offended....just my opinion that if you use the most extreme pejorative term in trivial context you've got nothing to use when you're really annoyed, because the word no longer has meaning.

Cunt is a horrible word, used only by people incapable of expressing themselves with any articulation or self respect.

The first time you read it, any opinion of the author is diminished.

What a load of bollocks that argument is, it's a word just like any other and if you really get that offended by a word (thats all it is) then you need to have a long, hard look in the mirror at yourself. I swear because I want to, it doesn't make me feel big or clever but I'm not trying to be, I'm just expressing myself because this country has free speech (although the way people react you'd think otherwise).

What a load of bollocks that argument is, it's a word just like any other and if you really get that offended by a word (thats all it is) then you need to have a long, hard look in the mirror at yourself. I swear because I want to, it doesn't make me feel big or clever but I'm not trying to be, I'm just expressing myself because this country has free speech (although the way people react you'd think otherwise).

Would you say it to your grandma?

I rest my case.

I think the acid test is would you use certain words during a job interview, or whilst in front of a judge. Stephen Fry is welcome to his opinion, but it doesn't make him correct.

Life would be awfully boring if we all spoke to each other formerly. In a social setting I'd have no problem using any word infront of people who just happened to be a judge or my boss.

I think the acid test is would you use certain words during a job interview, or whilst in front of a judge. Stephen Fry is welcome to his opinion, but it doesn't make him correct.

Also (imo) there's a difference between swearing when you're talking, when it's a useful (and often spontaneous) emotional response, and swearing when you're writing, where it's often completely pre meditated.

OK....maybe 3-1 then.

Life would be awfully boring if we all spoke to each other formerly. In a social setting I'd have no problem using any word infront of people who just happened to be a judge or my boss.

If I formerly introduced a guy to my family, and he started to use the word 'cunt' I'd be offended, and if he persisted after requests to bite his tongue, I'd probably put him in hospital rather quickly. If however, you were sat amongst friends in the pub, all swearing, and I came in with my wife etc, it would be my own fault if I sat next to you, but strictly speaking, I'd expect 'anybody' to use a little tact, should women or children be around. It's fair to say we all swear, but the key is knowing when to tone it down a touch, especially when we are clearly in company where it's not appreciated, and certainly guys swearing in their own company is fine, as long as it's not at the top of their voices. I don't mind people smoking, but I don't want it in my face, if that makes sense.

If I formerly introduced a guy to my family, and he started to use the word 'cunt' I'd be offended, and if he persisted after requests to bite his tongue, I'd probably put him in hospital rather quickly.

I'm offended by your lack of self control.

The is one crazy match day thread

I can't help but swear because I get so goddamn angry so often, there's this intransigent characteristic where it doesn't take much for something to occur and all hell breaks lose. There's not a day that goes by where I don't get upset about something or have a fucking rant.

I don't like it damn it. I tried all kinds of things, I wish I could get out of it, even attended meditation classes last year but didn't like the music they put on so made my excuses and left. It's a load of garbage anyway. It may work if you're in a class for the duration, but then you go back into the outside world, and you're back to where you started.

I saw some results today I didn't like, and there was a spontaneous outburst of profanities and general displeasure. It's no fucking fun you know, but I couldn't help but get upset.