IGNORED

Norwich Away (with very little mention of Norwich Away)

Mick8535

No it's not on purpose and you probably didn't think it was. It may generate some humor to some, but it's no laughing matter this end.

I'm going to draw a line under this and get back to the matter in hand that is the Norwich City game. Three points is imperative if we are to continue a challenge for a champions league place, but on recent evidence, I don't know if we really can do it again, but there's still everything to play for this season.

Oh my lord... What has TT descended into!

While we are on this subject, something that gets me is when people get more offended by certain swear words compared to another. It shouldn't matter whether I call you a 'tit' or a 'cunt', they are both meant to cause offense and should be taken the same way!

While we are on this subject, something that gets me is when people get more offended by certain swear words compared to another. It shouldn't matter whether I call you a 'tit' or a 'cunt', they are both meant to cause offense and should be taken the same way!

Can't agree with that....

That's like saying...

"Southampton were decent today," "Southampton were good today," "Southampton were brilliant today," "Southampton were superb today."

....all mean the same.

Different levels of strength for me.

4-1 Everton.

That's like saying...

"Southampton were decent today," "Southampton were good today," "Southampton were brilliant today," "Southampton were superb today."

....all mean the same.

4-1 Everton.

It really depends on the context, as when they are used as a noun they have lost the bite they used to have. I'd say the insult comes more from the adjective used before it.

THIS IS 'NOT' THE MATCH THREAD DALZIEL !

tantrum2.jpg

And as for swearing .......... shaking fist.png

][/b]
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 7,335 posts

•  

Posted 16 Aug 2006 - 05:57

ToffeeTalk is the fastest growing unofficial Everton F.C community on the Internet.

ToffeeTalk tries to offer a unique online experience for Evertonians who are genuine enthusiasts of the beautiful game. It was established in late 2002 as the interactive arm of the now historically challenged EFC -Online.net.

ToffeeTalk has fast become an impressive alternate online community drawing on a vast member base from all over the world. ToffeeTalk's large membership number incorporates Evertonians both locally, nationally and internationally, we have regular contributions coming from as far as Australia, U.S.A, South Africa, India and all throughout Europe.

SECTION 1

Under no circumstances will topics on following be considered acceptable:

A - RACIST REMARKS

B - SEXIST REMARKS

C - HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS

D - SECTARIAN / RELIGIOUS ABUSE

E - TERMINAL ILLNESS

F - PERSONAL ABUSE / BULLYING

G - POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT CLIVE THOMAS

It is understood that from time to time especially on a football forum subjects such as the Hillsborough or Heysel Disaster, Michael Shields, Bradford Park Fire, Munich Air Disaster et al will arise . We ask that any discussion is to remain respectful at all times due to the sensitive nature of the topic.

Please remember this is a public domain, an opinion or the re-emergence of such sensitive topics can open old wounds for so many friends, relatives, and loved ones.

The ToffeeTalk Philosophy is to always adopt common sense aproach when addressing any issues.

SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

A • TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, it's confusing for some users. Please

apply commonsense, some abbreivations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replylng to posts in text language.

B - CAPITALS - Please refraln from uslng them constantly, again in some quarters this is frowned upon. Some people conslder it to be "SHOUTlNG". You wouldn't shout your opinion in a conversation so please don't do it on here. We don't mind members posting in Capitals for emphasis however.

C - OVERSIZE SIGNATURES - We ask you to keep them to a reasonable size.

D - MULTIPLE THREADS - We ask members not to start multlple threads on the same subject.

E - TOPICS - Please place new toplcs In the most appropriate forum. For example post your transfer rumours in the rumour sectlon rather than the General Everton discussion.

F - SMILEY FACES - We have no objections to their use but please don't go overboard.

G - RIVAL SUPPORTERS - Whilst ToffeTalk is predomlnantly an Everton community, the views and opinions from supporters of rival clubs are both welcomed and appreciated (the exception being Alan Green - no one should take any notice of him). Of course, banter has always been a key theme of ToffeeTalk but if we find it to be abusive, the offenders will be dealt wlth swlftly.

H - SWEARING - Please try to avoid swearing.

These rules are not written in stone but they are what we expect of our members.

Younger members are not to be discouraged but we must make you aware that it is predominantly an adult website where we post lots of pictures of naked women and we don't want to hurt your eyes.

Furthermore it's worth noting that when a discussion reaches a dead end or loggerhead. We have found it much better from experlence to simply Agree To Disagree.

On behalf of the whole Toffetalk team please feel a whole hearted welcome. Please remember, all are welcome to join and enjoy thls little piece of cyber bliss, look after it, meet the locals and discover what's involved in the Toffetalk experlence..

That's like saying...

....all mean the same.

4-1 Everton.

That's not quite the same really. If you are calling someone a swear name then you are intending to cause offense yet some people will kick off if you call them a 'cunt' whereas they wouldn't bat an eye lid if you called them a 'tit'. If you wanted to add more offense then you should say 'Oi, you're a very big tit!' or remove offense by 'Oi, you're a little bit of a tit!'. Im sure if you asked Stephen Fry he would agree :)

2-0 Mirallas and Felli to score!

I like most of the members on this site but at times I feel that it would benefit from having more members. But we just scare them off as soon as they join and start posting.

Only the strong and/or stupid will survive at ToffeeTalk. The stupid being the people too dumb to comprehend the insults and put-downs thrown at them by the veterans of this board. I like it here though, much more colorful than Grand Old Team.

Only the strong and/or stupid will survive at ToffeeTalk. The stupid being the people too dumb to comprehend the insults and put-downs thrown at them by the veterans of this board. I like it here though, much more colorful than Grand Old Team.

Whilst there are a few 'incidents' on this forum I think its the better than the other Everton forums out there. The members are what make it so entertaining too, if everyone just stuck to the rules and talked about just Everton 100% of the time then it would be a pretty boring place. A forum needs banter bouncing around it from members and I believe we have that here.

IMO ToffeeTalk is the best Everton forum there is and I don't have any problems with it or any of its members.

Edited by Zoo

Only the strong and/or stupid will survive at ToffeeTalk. The stupid being the people too dumb to comprehend the insults and put-downs thrown at them by the veterans of this board.

Perhaps people don't come here to be insulted and put down, maybe they just want to talk about Everton after all this is a forum for "thinking Evertonians".Peter H is correct potntial new members probably keep away, they sign up, then never postsmile.png

We don't get new members as such because the forum is predominantly empty, set in it's ways, and offers little to attract anybody, given it's competition.

Example:

Christmas time. Every other forum made an effort to brighten the place up, with backgrounds, lights, animations, and so on. What did we do here? Nothing.

Forum colours. Not at all Everton related, and boring on the verge of suicide. Other forums are bright and cheery.

Smilies. We have the most boring smilies known to man.

Links. The other forums allow members to share streams etc without problem. What do we do? We prohibit it.

Forum history. Go to any other forum, and you can find posts with a quick browse. What do we do? We hide posts older than (x) and we have to be a Ninja assassin to find them again. Then we used to delete all the images to save space lol.

Home page. We don't have one. Why?

News articles. We don't have any.

Moderation. Getting better, but still inexperienced (imo).

Plugins. We don't use any. Why? Possibly down to the fact that the admins and mods may not know how to use them, or how to use code, or may not have the time.

User gimmicks. Nothing much to offer members by way of having a laugh here, such as rep, competitions etc.

Fantasy football. We don't allow none members to participate, and if somebody joins, they are investigated, and then removed. Why? Let anybody join them, and attract a bit of outsider interest.

Forum issues. Slow speed, paste issues, inconsistency with I.E

Swearing. Mostly done on here in jest, but a few words should be censored out, and replaced with words such as cunt = "I am thick" etc in the admin panel.

I can go on, but these things are pretty easy to do and would attract a lot more members, not to mention embracing ideas from others. If you keep doing the same things, you'll keep getting the same results.

It's easy for the long term members to say "If you don't like it, don't stay" but that is a recipe for disaster. Isn't it just possible the place needs fresh ideas and a different approach? We can always put things back to how they are now if stuff doesn't work.

It has little to do with the current members, but more to do with the environment the current members post in. Brighten the place up a bit please. If you don't know how, just say, and I'll do it for you.

Moderator can you please remove this thread. I will advertise this tickets somewhere I won't get these type of comments, not hard to make someone feel a twat is it.

Thank you

COYB

Mick there are people who can make you feel bad everywhere, sadly we have them here too. It is because we believe in freedom of speech to a great extent. Do not feel bad for your post. (We all post on a thread sometimes when we mess it up... some do it consistantly as I am sure you may have noticed if you had a quick read through.)

Welcome to the forum lad.

We don't get new members as such because the forum is predominantly empty, set in it's ways, and offers little to attract anybody, given it's competition.

Example:

Christmas time. Every other forum made an effort to brighten the place up, with backgrounds, lights, animations, and so on. What did we do here? Nothing. Maybe Louis didn't have the capabilities, and only GOT I remember went for a seasonal feel.

Forum colours. Not at all Everton related, and boring on the verge of suicide. Other forums are bright and cheery. The colors are good enough. Nothing too extravagant is really required.

Smilies. We have the most boring smilies known to man. I don't use them, but they seem good enough ? Outside ones can be brought in, if permitted. Have a look at ToffeeWeb and see what they have to offer

Links. The other forums allow members to share streams etc without problem. What do we do? We prohibit it. I'm not all up on streams, apart from doing a spot of fishing.

Forum history. Go to any other forum, and you can find posts with a quick browse. What do we do? We hide posts older than (x) and we have to be a Ninja assassin to find them again. Then we used to delete all the images to save space lol. They're not hidden. It's up to the individual to find them in archives.

Home page. We don't have one. Why? There is one isn't there ?, or at least what is presented at first glance, is good enough. NSNO, GOT, TW etc, don't have home pages either, or merely almost indentical to what is presented here ?

News articles. We don't have any. All the information presented is good enough, and people can always find it elsewhere easily enough ?

Moderation. Getting better, but still inexperienced (imo). They do a more than adequate job.

Plugins. We don't use any. Why? Possibly down to the fact that the admins and mods may not know how to use them, or how to use code, or may not have the time. The only plug-ins I recognize are the room variety that give off a pleasant odor. Not all up on technological aspects

User gimmicks. Nothing much to offer members by way of having a laugh here, such as rep, competitions etc. Not sure how to answer. All I can say is we don't have many members, unlike other EFC pages you can think of, so talk and discussions are less frequent. But I never was one for hundreds of people on at a time. Gets too messy. Just a handful is better sometimes.

Fantasy football. We don't allow none members to participate, and if somebody joins, they are investigated, and then removed. Why? Let anybody join them, and attract a bit of outsider interest. It's something I don't participate in, but members only sounds acceptable.

Forum issues. Slow speed, paste issues, inconsistency with I.E Gremlins seem gone from before, and any problems I encounter now seem due to other areas, it's not the site's problem.

Swearing. Mostly done on here in jest, but a few words should be censored out, and replaced with words such as cunt = "I am thick" etc in the admin panel. I didn't know quite how to answer

I can go on, but these things are pretty easy to do and would attract a lot more members, not to mention embracing ideas from others. If you keep doing the same things, you'll keep getting the same results.

It's easy for the long term members to say "If you don't like it, don't stay" but that is a recipe for disaster. Isn't it just possible the place needs fresh ideas and a different approach? We can always put things back to how they are now if stuff doesn't work.

It has little to do with the current members, but more to do with the environment the current members post in. Brighten the place up a bit please. If you don't know how, just say, and I'll do it for you.

All said, I think everything presented is good enough. We may not all like each other, and arguments will arise, as they do in any forum page you can think of, but I never saw the sense in arguing with supporters of the same team. At least there's no damn commercials flashing away, or the mess that Grand Old Team for example, has become. It's a lot more organized. I see little reason for adjustments.

The saved and retrieved work function is fucking indispensable incidentally. Great feature to have to save losing time and effort.

All said, I think everything presented is good enough. We may not all like each other, and arguments will arise, as they do in any forum page you can think of, but I never saw the sense in arguing with supporters of the same team. At least there's no damn commercials flashing away, or the mess that Grand Old Team for example, has become. It's a lot more organized. I see little reason for adjustments.

The saved and retrieved work function is fucking indispensable incidentally. Great feature to have to save losing time and effort.

Like all the blind, you see no reason to change. dont know.gif

Take 6 posters away from here and the forum would be finished. There is 'every' reason to change.

GOT is a good forum. The fact you were banned was your own doing.

Like all the blind, you see no reason to change. dont%20know.gif

Take 6 posters away from here and the forum would be finished. There is 'every' reason to change.

GOT has the odd good poster (probs the lads off here), but the majority are idiots who will gang up on a poster who goes against the grain. It can be like a kid's ball pit with several similar topics and 10 different posters all saying the same thing with lid(shaking fist.png ) at the end of every other post or even worse reciting Celebrity Juice, seriously its like watching Dave on there so few posters have originality, 1200 posts about our last game is ridiculous, too hectic and too messy. Also most the things you listed earlier is stuff that would annoy me and make me look elsewhere. TT is nice and clean with a sensible topic segregation that's much easier to use than any other Everton forum. Plus you'd never get a good pun marathon elsewhere biggrin.png .

Edit: Quick look on there to see the sensible posters I remember and there's only Paulbefc, Chicoazul (Argh! 4 pages in to a topic and I can't be assed rummaging any further).

Edited by pete0

Like all the blind, you see no reason to change. dont%20know.gif

That was you, damn it

I got on fine with most people and left on my own accord as I didn't like the changes that were made at the time. I could probably go over there now and join in again and start off from before, but just wish not to. Still a registered member and didn't leave under a cloud. You said so yourself you were the one who had a falling out with Mr Kidd and subsequent actions were taken.

Just need to make a distinction here between your own participations and someone elses is the bottom line.

I do admit though it can represent a funeral parlor on these pages every now and again, as we have only a handful of regular users (despite membership numbers in the thousands) and it can be frustrating for all involved, but said so before, Maybe it's better thay way, than hundreds getting involved at the same time. Simply more scope for arguments the larger the people involved.

As mentioned in a previous response I think it's imperative we get back to the matter in hand that is the NCFC match day game, but I had to defend myself you understand. No harm done.

GOT has the odd good poster (probs the lads off here), but the majority are idiots who will gang up on a poster who goes against the grain. It can be like a kid's ball pit with several similar topics and 10 different posters all saying the same thing with lid(shaking fist.png ) at the end of every other post or even worse reciting Celebrity Juice, seriously its like watching Dave on there so few posters have originality, 1200 posts about our last game is ridiculous, too hectic and too messy. Also most the things you listed earlier is stuff that would annoy me and make me look elsewhere. TT is nice and clean with a sensible topic segregation that's much easier to use than any other Everton forum. Plus you'd never get a good pun marathon elsewhere biggrin.png .

Edit: Quick look on there to see the sensible posters I remember and there's only Paulbefc, Chicoazul (Argh! 4 pages in to a topic and I can't be assed rummaging any further).

Chicoazul a sensible poster ? huh.png

You might like the forum as it is, but as it is, it is dead, and has been for too long, and the only way to change that is to try out new ideas. If I didn't care I wouldn't point out where I think it falls down. We currently have 5 members online, one of whom has been a member since Nov 11 and has yet to make a single post. Not much to attract new discussion really. dont know.gif

Chicoazul a sensible poster ? huh.png

You might like the forum as it is, but as it is, it is dead, and has been for too long, and the only way to change that is to try out new ideas. If I didn't care I wouldn't point out where I think it falls down. We currently have 5 members online, one of whom has been a member since Nov 11 and has yet to make a single post. Not much to attract new discussion really. dont know.gif

one of the reasons i love this place is because its quiet, has been for the 3.5 yrs ive been here and i imagine its always been quiet. If i want quantity over quality id go back to the blueroom and get frustrated by, well just about everything there. Tried GOT for about 30 mins before getting a headache because of the layout. TT is what it is and it probably wont change. I hope it doesnt to be honest....

Ill move this somewhere when i get home, quite interesting to see peoples take on the site. does someone want to start a real Norwich match day thread?

I think a few people get way too emotional and take things very personally on here, that's not a criticism of the people who do get that way - its the way it is. People need to remember its a mean to share thoughts, not insults or brag or try and show superiority. It's the only forum I will post on, its a good community....

anyway we gotta watch out for Jeremy Goss, Ruel Fox and Efan Ekoku - keep them under tabs and we can win. Lets be avin you!!!!

one of the reasons i love this place is because its quiet, has been for the 3.5 yrs ive been here and i imagine its always been quiet. If i want quantity over quality id go back to the blueroom and get frustrated by, well just about everything there. Tried GOT for about 30 mins before getting a headache because of the layout. TT is what it is and it probably wont change. I hope it doesnt to be honest....

Ill move this somewhere when i get home, quite interesting to see peoples take on the site. does someone want to start a real Norwich match day thread?

That's my whole point.

Your members are complaining that it's too quiet, and the admin are stating 'that's how we like it'. dont know.gif