IGNORED

Utd vs Real

Guest blueboy122

i agree with you Mike - technically it was a red - studs up - both feet off the ground - above waist - made contact - whole tooty !!! -

did you see Nani rolling around as though his leg was broken to distract the ref - he knew he was in trouble -

he could have retracted his leg when he realized other player was coming in -

"Could have killed him !!!!! " Alex would have said with the MAN UNITED supporters in quorus -

if you do a bicycle kick surrounded by a bunch of players and you break somebody's nose - it should be red - you can not do something dangerous unless you are sure it is safe -

jumping a stop street without having seen the other car coming does not excuse you -

Man United got what they deserved - they are just not used to it -

Real Madrid scored all 3 goals anyway lol

Exactly if Nani was totally innocent he would have got up straight away to see if Arbeloa was alright!

Haha spot on about what Fergie would say though

i agree with you Mike - technically it was a red - studs up - both feet off the ground - above waist - made contact - whole tooty !!! -

did you see Nani rolling around as though his leg was broken to distract the ref - he knew he was in trouble -

he could have retracted his leg when he realized other player was coming in -

"Could have killed him !!!!! " Alex would have said with the MAN UNITED supporters in quorus -

if you do a bicycle kick surrounded by a bunch of players and you break somebody's nose - it should be red - you can not do something dangerous unless you are sure it is safe -

jumping a stop street without having seen the other car coming does not excuse you -

Man United got what they deserved - they are just not used to it -

Real Madrid scored all 3 goals anyway lol

1st point - he was hit at pace since it was Arbeloa running to get the ball, he simply jumped.

2nd point, watch his eyes in the replay - he makes contact with Arbeloa as he the ball gets to them.

3rd point, its a contact sport. If you dont do something without it being safe, the game will cease to exist (its already getting too pansy-fied for my taste)

Edited by Matt

I didn't see the game and apart from the sending off furore, appears it was a rather dull game, but saw the Modric strike on a news channel and what a goal it was. Ronaldo got the winner of all things and of course kept it to a minimum, and while pleased Madrid got through, it can't compare to previous meetings such as back in 2003 or 1968 for example. The games 10 years ago were maybe the best ever with the other Ronaldo getting three in one game and Beckham scoring some decent strikes, but it seems all last night was about was the Nani dismissal, and not much else.

Can't remember where the final will be this year and had to look, and it will be at Wembley of all things, so maybe a repeat of Madrid or Milan winning again on British soil as they did in 2002 and 2003 respectively

Matt i did not see that one - but in my book it should have been red - unless the injured player could be held totally responsible for his injury

if they had an English ref Nani would never ever have received red -

very few England players get red cards from English refs - just my perception -

think the difference is that nani was travelling forward leading with his foot

How is that a difference? Nani leg extended to control the ball, Crouch, crowded by players with ridiculous limbs, swings a leg to get power behind the shot and catches the guy clean on the jaw. Still not even a booking for me, the guy put his head in the way and had more awareness of the consequences.

I was the same as most at first utterly bewildered by the red card but watching it back from other angles and so on and seeing Nani's reaction in more detail after the incident I'd have given him his marching orders aswel...

In slow motion it also looks like once he's made contact he purposely forces his leg out even further.

Either way United have been given far too many important decisions over the years and Fergie is the biggest hipocrite in football so it's nice to see them get shafted!

well spotted there Paul - very few people saw that he actualy extended his leg instead of retracting it -

nobody talks about the clear off side by van Persie just before the Real own goal - Man United should have had no goal -

the blue eyed boy just can not understand or believe that he can also be punished like most other normal clubs in the league by officials -

look at the Sir's boyish tantrum after the red card - obviously no dissent of course - just the way an upset Sir can behave as coach of the Sir Side -

no sympathy - exactly what they deserved - to bring them back to earth and the reality for us - the poor mortal souls so used to official abuse

well spotted there Paul - very few people saw that he actualy extended his leg instead of retracting it -

nobody talks about the clear off side by van Persie just before the Real own goal - Man United should have had no goal -

the blue eyed boy just can not understand or believe that he can also be punished like most other normal clubs in the league by officials -

look at the Sir's boyish tantrum after the red card - obviously no dissent of course - just the way an upset Sir can behave as coach of the Sir Side -

no sympathy - exactly what they deserved - to bring them back to earth and the reality for us - the poor mortal souls so used to official abuse

how else are you supposed to control a ball in the air? The ball isnt magically attracted to a players foot/

How is that a difference? Nani leg extended to control the ball, Crouch, crowded by players with ridiculous limbs, swings a leg to get power behind the shot and catches the guy clean on the jaw. Still not even a booking for me, the guy put his head in the way and had more awareness of the consequences.

i was just offering up a possible reason :)

the bit in bold made me spit my coffee out :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We probably played better once we went down to ten men.

I would say the same, we seemed to step up a gear and grind it out. I was impressed with the work that Gibson put in as soon as we went down to 10, he was like a whippet.